Regatta Cruise Booked--- Should We Take It?

allyg

Thanks to all of you for taking the time to provide such valuable input. We are going on the cruise and celebrating a big anniversary while exploring Alaska. We have sailed on Oceania but have not done so recently. In fact, following the TA on Riviera in 2012 Mr. FDR met us at the port of Miami to take us to a hotel for the day or to the airport to wait for a late-night flight. He joined our cruise critic conversation in which I was asking for advice on what to do for the long wait between our ship's arrival and our late night flight back home. He joined the conversation, offered to meet us, and actually was waiting for us holding a sign with our name on it when we arrived in Miami. What a nice, delightful man---and a great story!

Thanks to all of you for taking the time to provide such valuable input. We are going on the cruise and celebrating a big anniversary while exploring Alaska. We have sailed on Oceania but have not done so recently. In fact, following the TA on Riviera in 2012 Mr. FDR met us at the port of Miami to take us to a hotel for the day or to the airport to wait for a late-night flight. He joined our cruise critic conversation in which I was asking for advice on what to do for the long wait between our ship's arrival and our late night flight back home. He joined the conversation, offered to meet us, and actually was waiting for us holding a sign with our name on it when we arrived in Miami. What a nice, delightful man---and a great story!

We have booked for the June 2018 glacier adventure, looking forward to it. No control of anything once we board. Hopefully all goes as planned.

Hope you enjoy your cruise.

Stpilou

I must admit that we were looking at the circumnavigation of Australia in December but after reading the feedback about that cruise and the ship we've booked a shorter (and much dearer per night) Azamara cruise.

Don't blame you. Would do the same myself.

Why not try the Insignia cruise in March ‘19 - it’s a better time to be in Australia anyway and thus avoiding Regatta.

It’s a great itinerary - and you could do a few days pre-cruise in Australia, if you wish.

Sadly, that cruise is completely waitlisted. And for me, New Zealand was as big a draw as Australia.

Thank you for pointing it out though.

Kathleen

Sadly, that cruise is completely waitlisted. And for me, New Zealand was as big a draw as Australia.

Thank you for pointing it out though.

Kathleen

You are welcome.

Maybe one of these might appeal to you?:

http://www.*************.com/fastdeal.cfm?deal=12050

http://www.*************.com/fastdeal.cfm?deal=11277

http://www.*************.com/fastdeal.cfm?deal=11501

There are plenty of others to choose from. :)

Sorry - the website is crossed out. Look at Seabourn and Viking (both very much comparable to Oceania) for Australia/NZ cruises between 10/18 and 3/19.

Edited by Paulchili