Re-using Chinese visa

diesel1973

Went on a land tour(10 days) of China last year and got a 10 yr. visa. Am planning on returning this year on a land tour(14 days) and was wondering if I have to submit my schedule while there as I did when applying for visa or do I just fly to China and show them my visa for entry? Any help will be appreciated!

OP, phone your nearest Chinese Embassy or Consulate to clarify your visa situation, they know much more than would be visa agents here on this forum.

We go to China every 2-3 years to visit the In-Laws. This summer we even took side trips to HK & Taiwan. SWMBO has a 10-yr Chinese visa on her expired US Passport and they let her in every time.

I have been traveling to China 4 or 5 times a year for the last 20 years. It took several years before they would give me a 2 year, multi-entry visa. The advent of the 10 year, multi-entry visa a couple of years ago was a huge relief for me. It’s in my old passport and valid until 2024.

I have used it many time to enter China through many different cities(including out of the way places like Nanning in Guangxi Provence) and can stay for up to 60 days.

If you have the same visa, you can enter and leave from any port. But you do need to have your old and current passport with you and don’t over stay your 60 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just returned from China in October...and yes I did take my expired passport that had my 10 year china visa in it as well as my current passport...I had to show both when arriving into PVG and also when I checked into my hotel. Do not take the visa out of your expired passport...all must remain intact.

• 2 weeks later...