3 for free

So I have booked a cruise with this offer

3 FOR FREE SALE

All good things happen in threes when you take advantage of Princess Cruises' 3 for Free offer. Cruise on over 500 of our selected voyages and you can enjoy:

+ FREE stateroom location upgrade^. It's important to be in the right place. Make sure your stateroom is located in a preferred spot at no additional cost. This offer doesn't apply to Suites, Mini-Suites and selected balcony categories.

+ FREE onboard spending money#. Freedom is yours. Spend your money on specialty dining, shore excursions, or gifts in The Shops of Princess.

+ FREE Wine and Dine package‡. To truly immerse yourself in the Princess experience, we expect you to taste our specialty dining when cruising for 7 nights or longer.

From Europe to New Zealand and the Pacific Islands, to Asia, Alaska and the Americas, and with itineraries ranging from two to 106 nights, enjoy the feeling of having Princess Cruises® deliver the world to you

###############

I wanted mid ship inside but couldn’t choose my stateroom ?

Took a guarantee so how does the free upgrade work when you can’t even choose your room to begin with

Cheers Carole

Edited by Elorac123
Wanted to seperate paragraphs

Usually "free upgrade" means you pay the price of the category below the cabin you have chosen ie you pick a BA cabin and pay the BB price.

However if there are only guarantees left I guess you pay the price of the category below the guarantee you have picked as Princess allows guarantees to be booked by cabin category not just cabin class.

Usually "free upgrade" means you pay the price of the category below the cabin you have chosen ie you pick a BA cabin and pay the BB price.

However if there are only guarantees left I guess you pay the price of the category below the guarantee you have picked as Princess allows guarantees to be booked by cabin category not just cabin class.

#######

Thanks for that,I am fairly new to cruising,what is the difference between category and class

Cheers Carole

I am sure you will be able to take advantage of all three offers, they will just allocate a room that would have been the next category above what you paid which is anything in that grade or above. I.e - if you got a ocean view Guarantee than any of the ocean view cabins or balcony cabins would be in scope.

I have 3 for free on our next 3 Princess cruises, probably most of the ship has that deal, one wonders how they are going to find a place for all of us in the 2 speciality eateries. They might have to throw the officers out.:evilsmile:

We did not get the cabin upgrade as we booked a mini suite, so we got an additional $200 obc each instead.

I have 3 for free on our next 3 Princess cruises, probably most of the ship has that deal, one wonders how they are going to find a place for all of us in the 2 speciality eateries. They might have to throw the officers out.:evilsmile:

We did not get the cabin upgrade as we booked a mini suite, so we got an additional $200 obc each instead.

I suggest you book as soon as you get on board.

I booked under the same promotion as well for my next cruise. I still don’t know how it works.....

This is a solo trip for me.

I booked an inside cabin so I got the upgrade there. I’m sure of that as I paid extra on the first cruise (doing b2b) to get the same category.

I got double the obc (not surprised.... I did pay double after all)

But no mention of the wine and specialty dinner part??

Confused as heck.

But I promise... I won’t start an onboard fight over it. [emoji14]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I booked under the same promotion as well for my next cruise. I still don’t know how it works.....

Confused as heck.

/quote]

If you booked directly with Princess, check the Booking Confirmation email they sent to you. On Page 4 of mine, it states under 'Special Services for this booking' - Promo Gift: 1 Bottle of Wine $43.12 and Specialty Restaurant Charge $62.50

Confused as heck.

/quote]

If you booked directly with Princess, check the Booking Confirmation email they sent to you. On Page 4 of mine, it states under 'Special Services for this booking' - Promo Gift: 1 Bottle of Wine $43.12 and Specialty Restaurant Charge $62.50

Thanks for that [emoji3]

I booked via my travel agent but I looked at the travel summary and it was right down the bottom. [emoji106]

#######

Thanks for that,I am fairly new to cruising,what is the difference between category and class

Cheers Carole

The terms do tend to be a bit interchangeable.

I use Class for groups of cabin types ie Inside, oceanview, balcony, minisuite, suite. Some of those classes have sub-classes ie balcony or deluxe balcony.

Within each class there are categories and on Princess they are differentiated by their location on the ship. For example Inside cabins are Ix. IA is the best of the inside cabins, midships and usually on decks 9 or 10 or 11, with cabins above and below. IB are often either side of the IA category cabins so mid-aft or mid-forward or they could be midships on a higher deck. The further aft or forward you go, or up or down from the mid level decks, the lower the categories get. If you have a good look at the deck plans of a ship you'll see what I mean.

Now guarantees on most cruise line usually mean paying the cheapest possible price in a cabin class, and taking what you are given. Some cruise lines have special cabin codes for their guarantees that don't match to codes on deck plans. Princess does things slightly differently. They don't offer guarantees until the ship is starting to fill up, and they offer guarantees by cabin category. So instead of picking an IF guarantee which is the the lowest category of inside cabin, you might be lucky and get a IA guarantee midships. This means that you won't be allocated an inside cabin lower than that category. However there is a possibility you could get an upgrade to an oceanview cabin but that cabin may not be, and probably won't be, midships.

Hope this makes sense.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

I am sure you will be able to take advantage of all three offers, they will just allocate a room that would have been the next category above what you paid which is anything in that grade or above. I.e - if you got a ocean view Guarantee than any of the ocean view cabins or balcony cabins would be in scope.

Mic, Princess guarantees are a bit different to other cruise lines in that people can choose specific cabin categories ie inside midships.

As far as the fare is concerned we've booked under this type of cabin offer before and all it mean is that the fare we paid was that of the cabin category immediately below the cabin category we chose. It won't have anything to do with whether the OP gets an upgrade or not. That is still in the hands of the upgrade fairy. In fact sometimes you don't want an upgrade. We booked an IA (top inside category) and prayed we didn't get an upgrade as that would have given us a oceanview cabin as far forward as you can go. Luckily we got the IA.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Confused as heck.

For some odd reason those don't show online but when you print your Travel Summary there is a section headed "Special Services" and details of the wine and dinner are there.

Mic, Princess guarantees are a bit different to other cruise lines in that people can choose specific cabin categories ie inside midships.

As far as the fare is concerned we've booked under this type of cabin offer before and all it mean is that the fare we paid was that of the cabin category immediately below the cabin category we chose. It won't have anything to do with whether the OP gets an upgrade or not. That is still in the hands of the upgrade fairy. In fact sometimes you don't want an upgrade. We booked an IA (top inside category) and prayed we didn't get an upgrade as that would have given us a oceanview cabin as far forward as you can go. Luckily we got the IA.

I’ve booked an IA too - all the categories were the same price so I just took what they allocated. I’m doing a b2b so paid slightly more on the first cruise to get the same cabin both times.

I’d rather have that over an oceanview too.

I agree, I probably didn't word it properly.

The terms do tend to be a bit interchangeable.

I use Class for groups of cabin types ie Inside, oceanview, balcony, minisuite, suite. Some of those classes have sub-classes ie balcony or deluxe balcony.

Within each class there are categories and on Princess they are differentiated by their location on the ship. For example Inside cabins are Ix. IA is the best of the inside cabins, midships and usually on decks 9 or 10 or 11, with cabins above and below. IB are often either side of the IA category cabins so mid-aft or mid-forward or they could be midships on a higher deck. The further aft or forward you go, or up or down from the mid level decks, the lower the categories get. If you have a good look at the deck plans of a ship you'll see what I mean.

Now guarantees on most cruise line usually mean paying the cheapest possible price in a cabin class, and taking what you are given. Some cruise lines have special cabin codes for their guarantees that don't match to codes on deck plans. Princess does things slightly differently. They don't offer guarantees until the ship is starting to fill up, and they offer guarantees by cabin category. So instead of picking an IF guarantee which is the the lowest category of inside cabin, you might be lucky and get a IA guarantee midships. This means that you won't be allocated an inside cabin lower than that category. However there is a possibility you could get an upgrade to an oceanview cabin but that cabin may not be, and probably won't be, midships.

Hope this makes sense.

######

Thanks you have explained that so so well,I have a 1A midship on Baja or caribe and will be happy if that’s what we get,not really wishing for any fairies arriving.

For some odd reason those don't show online but when you print your Travel Summary there is a section headed "Special Services" and details of the wine and dinner are there.

But one cannot book the 'free dinners' until one is on board, right? :( Would be great if we could prebook them on Cruise Personaliser. I have 3 to book up.

Im having envy here [emoji51]

No sabatinis on the ruby so I’ll probably pick crown grill. The share restaurant doesn’t excite me

I have been to Crown Grill on Ruby, excellent steaks. Enjoy.:halo:

I have been to Crown Grill on Ruby, excellent steaks. Enjoy.:halo:

I will [emoji3]

I looked up the sample menu and the size of some of those steaks!!! [emoji15]

I had better not chicken out and try the New Zealand lamb instead [emoji14].

But one cannot book the 'free dinners' until one is on board, right? :( Would be great if we could prebook them on Cruise Personaliser. I have 3 to book up.

######

We were on the Sun last September and when we got to our stateroom there was a voucher for the wine and also one for the steak with a day and time that didn’t suit us,it was no problem.

Can’t say what would have happened if we wanted to go to Share

Cheers

######

We were on the Sun last September and when we got to our stateroom there was a voucher for the wine and also one for the steak with a day and time that didn’t suit us,it was no problem.

Can’t say what would have happened if we wanted to go to Share

Cheers

Thanks, did they change the time/date to one that suited you?

Done many Princess cruises but never been involved in this 3 for Free promo, now I have 3 of them.:o

Done many Princess cruises but never been involved in this 3 for Free promo, now I have 3 of them.:o

Booked it three times.

Twice I’ve changed when the promo ended and a better deal came along, as you know Uncle Les we are non drinkers so the bottle of plonk is worth zip to us.

The once we kept the promo we got a restaurant we didn’t want, no trouble at all changing it once on board.

Sorry missed a word,I meant to say no problem changing it

Have a good one