TransAtlantic Cruise - Aft Balcony or Spa Balcony?

Sunset329

We want to take a Transatlantic cruise. We are looking at reserving either an Aft Balcony or a Spa Balcony. They are fairly close in price. We have never done a Transatlantic cruise, nor have we ever had an Aft Balcony or a Spa Balcony. We are not experienced NCL cruisers. Would you recommend an Aft Balcony or a Spa Balcony on a Transatlantic cruise?

I would say it depends what time of year you are going. I love the size of the aft balconies and they block a lot of wind but on a cold weather cruise, nothing beats having access to the spa (at least for me).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Reserve the Aft balcony and then buy spa passes. To get the best in both worlds if your budget allows. Otherwise ask yourself which you rather prefer - a balcony at the back of the ship which is likely to be bigger than most or access to the spa which would be awesome as there be many sea days.

You don't mention which ship this is

We want to take a Transatlantic cruise. We are looking at reserving either an Aft Balcony or a Spa Balcony. They are fairly close in price. We have never done a Transatlantic cruise, nor have we ever had an Aft Balcony or a Spa Balcony. We are not experienced NCL cruisers. Would you recommend an Aft Balcony or a Spa Balcony on a Transatlantic cruise?

100% spa balcony. While the aft balcony gives you more space, getting into the spa every day would be wonderful. The Epic has a small aft facing balcony in the spa and has the best thermal suites in the fleet.

I've sailed in a aft facing before but never a spa so I can't compare the 2. Last April we did our 1st TA. We chose a STBD side balcony so that we would have the sun as we sailed East to West. Being cooler we found it a good idea. We did the same for this years Breakaway TA in April.