Mailbox???

Rulers Mom

In a very recent Glory review, the reviewer says:

"Check in was quick because we picked up our Ship cards in our mailbox."

Is this a Diamond/Platinum perk?

Everybody has a "mailbox" on or beside the cabin door, usually filled with flyers from the spa.

No- unless you're FTTF or VIP the rooms are not available until 1:30... instead of giving you your S&S cards at check in, the cabin steward will only put the cards in the mail slot by your cabin at 1:30... FTTF or VIP the cards will be in the mailbox as soon as you board.

This changed in the past few months.

No- unless you're FTTF or VIP the rooms are not available until 1:30... instead of giving you your S&S cards at check in, the cabin steward will only put the cards in the mail slot by your cabin at 1:30... FTTF or VIP the cards will be in the mailbox as soon as you board.

Thank you for the answer. I haven't been on Carnival in just over a year so I did not know they were doing it this way.

It's a great idea. I've seen so many entitled jerks go to their room before they should.

Thank you for the answer. I haven't been on Carnival in just over a year so I did not know they were doing it this way.

It's a great idea. I've seen so many entitled jerks go to their room before they should.

It's not on all ships yet. I was on Triumph last month and they don't even have mailboxes.

Just curious, how did you see them go to their cabin early, and how did you know they were not diamond or platinum?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just curious, how did you see them go to their cabin early, and how did you know they were not diamond or platinum?

I didn't post that, but I have seen them... you can tell because they're carrying their blue, red, or gold S&S cards in their hands and looking around like they're not supposed to be there and about to be caught!! LOL, they've got that guilty look. I've even heard people telling others in their group that they're not supposed to do this, but they're only going to drop their bags so it will be OK. (yes, I'm Platinum so I'm OK to be there).

I didn't post that, but I have seen them... you can tell because they're carrying their blue, red, or gold S&S cards in their hands and looking around like they're not supposed to be there and about to be caught!! LOL, they've got that guilty look. I've even heard people telling others in their group that they're not supposed to do this, but they're only going to drop their bags so it will be OK. (yes, I'm Platinum so I'm OK to be there).

Thank you for your post. I've been on enough cruises I should be platinum somewhere, but I've spread it out through the years. RCCL, Carnival, NCL, and Celebrity.

There seems to be a lot of folks on CC lately who just wait for someone they jump on, rather than try to help.

Seasoned folks helping new folks was why cruise critic started, or at least why most of us come here. Just looking for advice.

Thank you for your post. I've been on enough cruises I should be platinum somewhere, but I've spread it out through the years. RCCL, Carnival, NCL, and Celebrity.

There seems to be a lot of folks on CC lately who just wait for someone they jump on, rather than try to help.

Seasoned folks helping new folks was why cruise critic started, or at least why most of us come here. Just looking for advice.

I was just asking a question. You are the one who used the phrase entitled jerk, not sure what advise you expect when you use a comment like that.

Thanks! Gosh, wondered why I didn't see the mailbox on our Fantasy cruise.

Do Fantasy class ships now have mailboxes?

Just got off the Paradise and it doesn't have mailboxes. We got our cards when we checked in at the port. I still don't see where it saves that much time. It took the lady less than a minute to go get our cards.

Just got off the Paradise and it doesn't have mailboxes. We got our cards when we checked in at the port. I still don't see where it saves that much time. It took the lady less than a minute to go get our cards.

But how long was the line to get the cards? My last two cruises I’d say it was 20-30 minutes. Supposedly it eliminates that line.

Or perhaps that is a bewildered look as they don't even know where they are going since they are newbies?

I agree they shouldn't be there but it can be hard to tell what another person is thinking all the time.

*confused* How do you get on the ship or buy any drinks if your S&S card is not given at check in?

But how long was the line to get the cards? My last two cruises I’d say it was 20-30 minutes. Supposedly it eliminates that line.

It does in fact eliminate that line speeding it up by a lot. Once you try it you won’t want to go back to the old way.

That's what I don't understand. What line? You get your cards from the person checking you in. You are already at the counter, they take less than a minute to go get your cards. It's not that big of a deal either way but I can't see where it saves that much time when checking in. It's not like you have to go to a separate line and start over again after you check in.

That's what I don't understand. What line? You get your cards from the person checking you in. You are already at the counter, they take less than a minute to go get your cards. It's not that big of a deal either way but I can't see where it saves that much time when checking in. It's not like you have to go to a separate line and start over again after you check in.

It’s the line for the check-in that we’re talking about. You never have a check-in line? I took this as a joke that they had a special check-in for people from the state of Maine ...but it’s the line I was standing in..which was about 30 mins. Instead of standing in this line, I’d be drinking a funship special at the atrium bar.

d987b4a2691c155353398171eeb42c24.jpg