independence of the seas--22nd april 2012--10 night canary islands, whos going?

SPECIAL NOTICE: There is an issue with the main login on the forums on many browsers. Go to our homepage: HOMEPAGE and use the login located at the main top nav.. Then, choose BOARDS on the nav. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 04:45 PM.
36 Posts
Joined Jan 2011
hello guys i am booking this first thing tomorrow morning so will be great to hear from anyone else that is either already booked or planning on booking this cruise

ww
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
rccl all the way!!!

sailed Voyager of the seas november 2003
sailed Jewel of the seas may 2004
sailed P&O ventura august 2009
sailed Independance of the seas may 2010
sailed Independance of the seas april 2011
sailing Independence of the seas april 2012
sailing Independence of the seas may 2012
sailing Liberty of the seas september 2012

Bristol, UK, when not at sea!
1,138 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
Originally posted by Wardy_Waves86
hello guys i am booking this first thing tomorrow morning so will be great to hear from anyone else that is either already booked or planning on booking this cruise

ww
Hello,

I'm coming (going)! I booked this on the Indy at Christmas. I chose this 10 nighter as the ship leaves Madeira early evening so I have the chance to have a proper afternoon Tea at Reid's Hotel. This April's cruise has an excursion called 'Tea at Reid's, but it leaves at 10.00 in the morning.

Best wishes,

Cublet
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Cublet has cruised on the following ships: Southern Cross, Island Star, MSC Musica, Navigator of the Seas (x 2), Voyager of the Seas, Celebrity Century, MSC Poesia, Oceana, Carnival Splendor, Brilliance of the Seas, Independence of the Seas (x 12), Arcadia, Azura, Ventura, Celebrity Eclipse (x 6), Adventure of the Seas (x 3), Queen Mary 2, Celebrity Constellation; and the following rivers: Seine, Danube, Nile, Rhone, Rhine, Neva.
36 Posts
Joined Jan 2011
welcome aboard cublet, its nice to see your as keen as we are to book up early
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
rccl all the way!!!

36 Posts
Joined Jan 2011
hey all just thought i would clarify that i have now booked this so we are on our way

be great to hear from all of you that are on it and arrange a meet on the ship later down the line
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
rccl all the way!!!

937 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
Yes me and Wardy_Waves are on this one.

\\hay Cublet you are on the Paris cruise cruise this year with us as well.

CK x
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
SAILED: Far too many times it's hurting the bank
1,138 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
Originally posted by Cruise_Kitten
Yes me and Wardy_Waves are on this one.

\\hay Cublet you are on the Paris cruise cruise this year with us as well.

CK x
Cublet rules the waves. Not only am I on Paris but the 11 night Canaries before and 4 night Cork too.

Regards,

Cublet
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Cublet has cruised on the following ships: Southern Cross, Island Star, MSC Musica, Navigator of the Seas (x 2), Voyager of the Seas, Celebrity Century, MSC Poesia, Oceana, Carnival Splendor, Brilliance of the Seas, Independence of the Seas (x 12), Arcadia, Azura, Ventura, Celebrity Eclipse (x 6), Adventure of the Seas (x 3), Queen Mary 2, Celebrity Constellation; and the following rivers: Seine, Danube, Nile, Rhone, Rhine, Neva.
36 Posts
Joined Jan 2011
good to see you are keeping busy, by the looks of things you like independence of the seas lol but dont blame you its a lovely ship

so we shall be meeting you next month then
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
rccl all the way!!!

Bedworth, England
664 Posts
Joined Mar 2007
We are now on this cruise thanks to RCCL cancelling our 18 night cruise at Xmas and trying to charge us the same money for a 12 night cruise, so we took the decision to move to this cruise and upgrade to a suite.

We have done the 10 night Canaries cruise, so looking forward to getting back on board.

We are doing the Cork cruise in April 2010
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Mark
1,138 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
Originally posted by Perkyboy34
We are now on this cruise thanks to RCCL cancelling our 18 night cruise at Xmas and trying to charge us the same money for a 12 night cruise, so we took the decision to move to this cruise and upgrade to a suite.

We have done the 10 night Canaries cruise, so looking forward to getting back on board.

We are doing the Cork cruise in April 2010
Hello,

Yes, there has been lots of unhappy postings. When I did Christmas last year I think I paid just over £3k for my D cabin (there is only one of me). I did get lots of OBC but RCCL got it back by day 4!

I didn't want to do the same this year, but looking at the prices you've been quoted I don't think I'll be doing the alternative either.

Best wishes,

Cublet
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

1,138 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
Originally posted by cublet
Hello,

Yes, there has been lots of unhappy postings. When I did Christmas last year I think I paid just over £3k for my D cabin (there is only one of me). I did get lots of OBC but RCCL got it back by day 4!

I didn't want to do the same this year, but looking at the prices you've been quoted I don't think I'll be doing the alternative either.

Best wishes,

Cublet
Hello,

It's a bit sad when you quote your own postings isn't it?

Anyway, hot from the TA: I've been quoted £3.1k for a D2 cabin for the 17th Dec 12 nights - the same as I paid for the 18 nights last year! But this time no free parking and no OBC AND I've gone up a C&A membership grade.

It's enough to drive me to drink.

Regards,

Cublet
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Scotland
91 Posts
Joined Aug 2010
Hi all. I am booked for this rip also with my kids and parents. Just off INDY 11 night & had a ball. We were on the first sailing offering the drinks package which worked out really well for us wonder if it will still be available next year!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Freedom Of Seas Jan 10
Independence of Seas March 11 Canaries
Independence of Seas April 12 Canaries
Independence of Seas May 12 Paris
Independence of Seas April 13 TA
1,138 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
Hello,

Just to let everyone know that I'm also doing the 3 night to France sailing immediately after this - Cruise Critic limit you to six countdown clocks in your signature.

Regards,

Cublet
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Cheshire, England
160 Posts
Joined Jun 2010
Hi everyone!! We have booked this weekend and can't wait. This is our first time on independence of the seas, Infact our first time with RCCL
May be over a year away but we are already excited about this.

There is 4 of us going, Me and my fiancee, my son (6) and daughter (2)
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

937 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
Originally posted by dj_spud
Hi everyone!! We have booked this weekend and can't wait. This is our first time on independence of the seas, Infact our first time with RCCL
May be over a year away but we are already excited about this.

There is 4 of us going, Me and my fiancee, my son (6) and daughter (2)
Hello dj spud and welcome, you will love Independence and RCCL i'm sure of it. This will be mine and Wardy_waves 3rd (4th if you are technical, doing a B2B this year) on the Independence.

CK x
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
SAILED: Far too many times it's hurting the bank
Newtownabbey, Northern Ireland
5,762 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Hi everyone. We booked this cruise last week. We were on the 14th March cruise this year and loved it so much we couldn't wait to book it again. Its a long wait but its amazing how quickly it comes around.

Carol
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
June 2001. Splendour of the Seas. Med
June 2003. Splendour of the Seas. Med
March 2004. P&O Oceana. Caribbean
June 2004. Celebrity Galaxy. Med
June 2007. Brilliance of the Seas. Med
April 2008. Navigator of the Seas. Med
May 2009. Navigator of the Seas. Med. Back 2 Back
May 2010. Adventure of the Seas
March 2011. Independence of the Seas
Oct 2011. Norwegian Epic
April 2012. Independence of the Seas
Oct 2012. Adventure of the Seas
May 2013. Independence of the Seas
Sept 2013. Independence of the Seas
Oct 2014 Independence of the Seas
April 2015 Britannia

36 Posts
Joined Jan 2011
7 months and counting!!!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
rccl all the way!!!

5,762 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Hi everyone

The time is flying by so quickly - we booked our flights to Southampton and overnight in the Novotel for the 21st this week. We are cruising on Norwegian Epic next month and are getting ready for that as well. Its a different set-up to RCI and we are struggling to get the hang of it, for instance yesterday we booked the shows that we want to see on board. Its strange having to decide now what we want to do on the ship but we will go with an open mind and try not to compare it with RCI too much. We love the Independence - can't wait to go back

Carol
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Oct 2011. Norwegian Epic
April 2012. Independence of the Seas
Oct 2012. Adventure of the Seas
May 2013. Independence of the Seas
Sept 2013. Independence of the Seas
Oct 2014 Independence of the Seas
April 2015 Britannia

144 Posts
Joined Jul 2011
Hi all

Got of the Independance yesterday and having severe post cruise blues :-( had a fantastic time although there were far too many bored teenagers on board for my liking.

Have booked for this cruise in April, will be bringing along my parents and it will be their first time on board (they usually go on the smaller ships). Really looking forward to it already.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

5,762 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Hi Postie63

I know exactly how you feel we were the same after getting off Indy in March took us ages to settle down. Did you notice if they offered Late Departure from the ship, our flight isn't until 7pm and we don't want to hang around the airport all day

Carol
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature