independence of the seas--22nd april 2012--10 night canary islands, whos going?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 07:42 AM.
144 Posts
Joined Jul 2011
Hi Carol

The last departure from the boat was 09.15, looks like you may have a bit of a wait if your flight isn't until late.

You can always enjoy the sites of Southampton to waste a couple of hours..lol.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Newtownabbey, Northern Ireland
5,762 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
We like Southampton but our luggage would be a burden. In March they were offering Late Departure up to 3pm for 30 dollars each allowing full use of the ship and all the restaurants. Hopefully they will do it again

Carol
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
June 2001. Splendour of the Seas. Med
June 2003. Splendour of the Seas. Med
March 2004. P&O Oceana. Caribbean
June 2004. Celebrity Galaxy. Med
June 2007. Brilliance of the Seas. Med
April 2008. Navigator of the Seas. Med
May 2009. Navigator of the Seas. Med. Back 2 Back
May 2010. Adventure of the Seas
March 2011. Independence of the Seas
Oct 2011. Norwegian Epic
April 2012. Independence of the Seas
Oct 2012. Adventure of the Seas
May 2013. Independence of the Seas
Sept 2013. Independence of the Seas
Oct 2014 Independence of the Seas
April 2015 Britannia

937 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
Hi everyone, I know it has been a while but all has changed!! I have a new job which i love! YAY for me!! We have been busy sorting out things at home, we now also have a holiday home in Poole woohooo!

I am getting serious cruise blues thinking about next year and i keep seeing if there is any way that i can sneek in a crafty cruise before we go next year but i don't think the time will permit me lol

How is everyone at the moment?

CKx
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
SAILED: Far too many times it's hurting the bank
Bristol, UK, when not at sea!
1,138 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
Originally posted by Cruise_Kitten
Hi everyone, I know it has been a while but all has changed!! I have a new job which i love! YAY for me!! We have been busy sorting out things at home, we now also have a holiday home in Poole woohooo!

I am getting serious cruise blues thinking about next year and i keep seeing if there is any way that i can sneek in a crafty cruise before we go next year but i don't think the time will permit me lol

How is everyone at the moment?

CKx
Hello,

Congratulations on the new job.

Enquire on the 12 night New Year cruise leaving Southampton on 29th December - it is not going too well and next year might be the Indy's last winter in the UK.

Regards,

Cublet
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Cublet has cruised on the following ships: Southern Cross, Island Star, MSC Musica, Navigator of the Seas (x 2), Voyager of the Seas, Celebrity Century, MSC Poesia, Oceana, Carnival Splendor, Brilliance of the Seas, Independence of the Seas (x 12), Arcadia, Azura, Ventura, Celebrity Eclipse (x 6), Adventure of the Seas (x 3), Queen Mary 2, Celebrity Constellation; and the following rivers: Seine, Danube, Nile, Rhone, Rhine, Neva.
937 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
Originally posted by cublet
Hello,

Congratulations on the new job.

Enquire on the 12 night New Year cruise leaving Southampton on 29th December - it is not going too well and next year might be the Indy's last winter in the UK.

Regards,

Cublet

Thanks Cublet for the congrats, unfortunatly I am working over the christmas and new year
It will be a shame if Indy does go but hopefully they will replace her with another nice ship, maybe a smaller class like voyager as cruising is the biggest travel industry in the UK right now, people still can't get enough of it.

CK x
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
1,138 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
It will be a shame if Indy does go but hopefully they will replace her with another nice ship, maybe a smaller class like voyager as cruising is the biggest travel industry in the UK right now, people still can't get enough of it.

CK x
Hello,

The talk was that the Liberty of the Seas would come to Southampton as the Indy is due for an upgrade that the Liberty and Freedom have already had.

Regards,

Cublet
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Cublet has cruised on the following ships: Southern Cross, Island Star, MSC Musica, Navigator of the Seas (x 2), Voyager of the Seas, Celebrity Century, MSC Poesia, Oceana, Carnival Splendor, Brilliance of the Seas, Independence of the Seas (x 12), Arcadia, Azura, Ventura, Celebrity Eclipse (x 6), Adventure of the Seas (x 3), Queen Mary 2, Celebrity Constellation; and the following rivers: Seine, Danube, Nile, Rhone, Rhine, Neva.
937 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
Hello,

The talk was that the Liberty of the Seas would come to Southampton as the Indy is due for an upgrade that the Liberty and Freedom have already had.

Regards,

Cublet
I hope Liberty is coming over. We will be on Liberty next September for a big family gathering so it will be nice if the same size ship with the new refurbs do come over because i think in a way everyone has seen and done the Independence but the Liberty will be new.

CK x
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
1,138 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
Hello,

My very first booking on Cunard and I got a 4 cabin upgrade!

Are you listening, RCL?

Regards,

Cublet
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

937 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
JUST 5 MONTHS TO GO!!!!

would love for it to go quicker but with these long winter nights it just doesn't seem to be getting any closer!

CK x
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
36 Posts
Joined Jan 2011
160 days but im not counting
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
rccl all the way!!!

sailed Voyager of the seas november 2003
sailed Jewel of the seas may 2004
sailed P&O ventura august 2009
sailed Independance of the seas may 2010
sailed Independance of the seas april 2011
sailing Independence of the seas april 2012
sailing Independence of the seas may 2012
sailing Liberty of the seas september 2012

Newtownabbey, Northern Ireland
5,762 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Hi everyone

Its been very quiet on here but I'm sure once we get into the new year it will be busier.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS
Carol
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
June 2001. Splendour of the Seas. Med
June 2003. Splendour of the Seas. Med
March 2004. P&O Oceana. Caribbean
June 2004. Celebrity Galaxy. Med
June 2007. Brilliance of the Seas. Med
April 2008. Navigator of the Seas. Med
May 2009. Navigator of the Seas. Med. Back 2 Back
May 2010. Adventure of the Seas
March 2011. Independence of the Seas
Oct 2011. Norwegian Epic
April 2012. Independence of the Seas
Oct 2012. Adventure of the Seas
May 2013. Independence of the Seas
Sept 2013. Independence of the Seas
Oct 2014 Independence of the Seas
April 2015 Britannia

937 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
115 days to go!!!!

We will soon be hitting the double figures wooohooo! Then time will just fly past....i hope

Hoping everyone had a good Christmas and looking forward to the New Year!! See you on the other side

CK x
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cheshire, England
160 Posts
Joined Jun 2010
Hope you all had a great Christmas and new year! Now Christmas is over Im going to be counting the days down till we sail, can not wait!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

1,138 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
Hello,

Well I survived the QM2 and it certainly wasn't all it's cracked-up to be. For those interested, http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/member...?EntryID=94375.

I have also emailed Messrs Goldstein and Fain asking that they get their act together and, for us back-to-back cruisers, the hand-out of cabin cards after this year's Canaries followed by the shorts, doen't turn into the fiasco it was last year.

Happy New Year to you all.

Regards,

Cublet
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

937 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
Hello,

Well I survived the QM2 and it certainly wasn't all it's cracked-up to be. For those interested, http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/member...?EntryID=94375.

I have also emailed Messrs Goldstein and Fain asking that they get their act together and, for us back-to-back cruisers, the hand-out of cabin cards after this year's Canaries followed by the shorts, doen't turn into the fiasco it was last year.

Happy New Year to you all.

Regards,

Cublet
I agree with you, last years Paris to Ireland turn around was badly done. We got there for 8, sat at the cafe with no food or drink for 2 hours until we got our new sea passes, the rechecked in and sat there for another hour waiting to be told we could go! Maybe if they had the MDR open for turn around guests so we could perhaps eat and get a coffee?

CK x
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
1,138 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
I agree with you, last years Paris to Ireland turn around was badly done. We got there for 8, sat at the cafe with no food or drink for 2 hours until we got our new sea passes, the rechecked in and sat there for another hour waiting to be told we could go! Maybe if they had the MDR open for turn around guests so we could perhaps eat and get a coffee?

CK x
Hello,

What was worse for me was that I was being chased for non-payment of my previous on board account when they had my credit card details - even though first off they said they didn't.

What was worse for some others was that they were let ashore but there was no 'fast track' to re-board and they had to wait with the new passengers.

Mr Goldstein's PA says my message is being looked into.

Regards,

Cublet
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

937 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
Hello,

What was worse for me was that I was being chased for non-payment of my previous on board account when they had my credit card details - even though first off they said they didn't.

What was worse for some others was that they were let ashore but there was no 'fast track' to re-board and they had to wait with the new passengers.

Mr Goldstein's PA says my message is being looked into.

Regards,

Cublet
I am hoping it will be better this year. If we had been put in the dining room or somewhere that served snacks and drinks it would have been brilliant, not left to just sit like lemons. In saying that, i think the reason we had found it a bit horrendous was that we didn't get back to our cabin until half 3 in the morning and were sat in the cafe by 8 waiting for turnaround.

CK x
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
1,138 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
IS EVERYONE GETTING READY TO DO THE DOUBLE DIGIT DANCE?

CK x
I've been looking forward to the double digit dance ever since I got off the Queen Mary 2!

Cublet
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature