independence of the seas--22nd april 2012--10 night canary islands, whos going?

SPECIAL NOTICE: There is an issue with the main login on the forums on many browsers. Go to our homepage: HOMEPAGE and use the login located at the main top nav.. Then, choose BOARDS on the nav. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 04:28 AM.
Crewe
44 Posts
Joined Jan 2011
I am going on this cruise also with my family, first time on independence of the seas. Very excited!!!! Roll on April!!

Just a quick question, does anybody know whether you can order bottled spirits for your cabin like you can do on P&O?

Thanks
937 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
Originally posted by Emzzy
I am going on this cruise also with my family, first time on independence of the seas. Very excited!!!! Roll on April!!

Just a quick question, does anybody know whether you can order bottled spirits for your cabin like you can do on P&O?

Thanks
I have checked on gifts and gears and it's not possible. You can buy wines for your cabin but no spirits like vodka or whiskey. The duty free does open up on the ship so possibly be able to buy it then. I have heard though that when you buy something like this on board they take it from you and return it to your cabin on the last night. Not sure though

On another note, welcome welcome welcome. We are getting very excited and can't wait to get down to double digits. Are you just doing this cruise or are you doing the short cruises after?

CK x
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
SAILED: Far too many times it's hurting the bank
Crewe
44 Posts
Joined Jan 2011
Ok thanks, I'm getting extremely excited now, definitely getting ready for the double digit dance haha.
We are just doing the canary islands, seems like a few are doing the short cruise afterwards. Hope were not the only ones getting off the ship when it returns to Southampton haha.
937 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
Originally posted by Emzzy
Ok thanks, I'm getting extremely excited now, definitely getting ready for the double digit dance haha.
We are just doing the canary islands, seems like a few are doing the short cruise afterwards. Hope were not the only ones getting off the ship when it returns to Southampton haha.
A few of us on board will be staying but most will be getting off. We are doing the 3 night at the end as a kind of relaxing holiday because we, well need it

You will have fun on this one, I don't think there is a meet and mingle on this one, I'm sure Cublet will know but if not we usually go for a drink about 3pm on sail away in the Schooners lounge because it is right next to the doors that you have to go out of when you go for your muster drill! The we head off to top deck for the sail away! Hoping for amazing weather in April as we have had before on previous sail aways, windy but with the sun shining!

CK x
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bristol, UK, when not at sea!
1,138 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
Originally posted by Cruise_Kitten
A few of us on board will be staying but most will be getting off. We are doing the 3 night at the end as a kind of relaxing holiday because we, well need it

You will have fun on this one, I don't think there is a meet and mingle on this one, I'm sure Cublet will know but if not we usually go for a drink about 3pm on sail away in the Schooners lounge because it is right next to the doors that you have to go out of when you go for your muster drill! The we head off to top deck for the sail away! Hoping for amazing weather in April as we have had before on previous sail aways, windy but with the sun shining!

CK x
Hello,

RCI don't organise M&Ms on cruises of less than 7 nights.

Sitting in the Schooner Bar waiting for the lifeboat drill can be quite fun if the weather is poor as you can, from the warmth of the bar, laugh through the windows at the poor souls standing in the cold/rain waiting for everyone to assemble and you just dash out at the last minute.

Regards,

Cublet
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Cublet has cruised on the following ships: Southern Cross, Island Star, MSC Musica, Navigator of the Seas (x 2), Voyager of the Seas, Celebrity Century, MSC Poesia, Oceana, Carnival Splendor, Brilliance of the Seas, Independence of the Seas (x 12), Arcadia, Azura, Ventura, Celebrity Eclipse (x 6), Adventure of the Seas (x 3), Queen Mary 2, Celebrity Constellation; and the following rivers: Seine, Danube, Nile, Rhone, Rhine, Neva.
937 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
IT'S DOUBLE DIGIT DANCE DAY!!!!

99 DAYS UNTIL WE HIT THE HIGH SEAS WOOOHOOOO

CK x
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
2,109 Posts
Joined Dec 2011
Hey all im going on this cruise and im travelling alone would be great to meet some of you on there i really cant wait and im looking at the excusions list im so excited not long now only a few months i booked back in september.
Cheshire, England
160 Posts
Joined Jun 2010
IT'S DOUBLE DIGIT DANCE DAY!!!!

99 DAYS UNTIL WE HIT THE HIGH SEAS WOOOHOOOO

CK x
Yes 99 days will soon go! Just waiting on 1 passport to come back and do the odd bit of shopping and we will be ready. We have booked a hotel for the night before,which includes parking for the cruise. I will start to look into the drinks packages and see what suits us best, any recommendations on the wine? Has anyone booked an excursion yet or have plans to?

I am still shocked about the news today, just hope they find the remaining missing passengers alive and well.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Newtownabbey, Northern Ireland
5,762 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Hi everyone. Looking at the Costa ship lying in the sea is a bit unsettling but I think we have to just carry on. It must have been a horrendous experience for everyone on board and I hope they find the people who are still missing.

Dj Spud - where are you staying in Southampton? We have booked into the Novotel for the 21st. We stayed there last year and it was very good and handy for the port. Haven't thought about tours yet - last year we took a tour in Gran Canaria and it was excellent. I like the sound of Cublets afternoon tea trip in Madeira

Carol
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
June 2001. Splendour of the Seas. Med
June 2003. Splendour of the Seas. Med
March 2004. P&O Oceana. Caribbean
June 2004. Celebrity Galaxy. Med
June 2007. Brilliance of the Seas. Med
April 2008. Navigator of the Seas. Med
May 2009. Navigator of the Seas. Med. Back 2 Back
May 2010. Adventure of the Seas
March 2011. Independence of the Seas
Oct 2011. Norwegian Epic
April 2012. Independence of the Seas
Oct 2012. Adventure of the Seas
May 2013. Independence of the Seas
Sept 2013. Independence of the Seas
Oct 2014 Independence of the Seas
April 2015 Britannia

Cheshire, England
160 Posts
Joined Jun 2010
Hi carol! We are staying at etap that is right next door, we did try Novotel but they had no rooms with the parking left. I think etap is more of a budget hotel but reading the reviews it seems good. We wanted to be close to the port as well, we have stayed in a holiday inn but it was the one about 3 miles away so nothing was in walking distance!

We are going with our 2 kids so for excursions probably looking more at loro park to keep them entertained, still need to go through the full list.

Many thanks John
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

937 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
We have looked at the excursions and we like the look of the one that takes you tobogganing down the hill in Madeira, seems a bit of an experience. And then most likely do Loro Park. Other then that we are hoping that we will dock close to towns so we can make our own way in to doing things.

We are making our own way in the morning as we only live an hour and a bit away so we will be sat outside by the burger van as usual. If you spot us come over and say hi. We are usually there very early, around 9-10am If you see someone who is about 6'3 with (I will be killed for saying this part) ginger hair and a small bouncy person next to him with red hair that's us I get rather excited and start bouncing about. I should be acting like a grown up but I can't help myself.
If not we will more then likely be in the Schooners bar at 3pm waiting for muster drill to begin.....guess we can't complain at how annoying it is now can we

CK x
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bristol, UK, when not at sea!
1,138 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
We have looked at the excursions and we like the look of the one that takes you tobogganing down the hill in Madeira, seems a bit of an experience.
CK x
Hello,

I have two lasting memories of the toboggan: (1) the smell of burning rubber; (2) The sight of 'skid marks' on the buildings where previous toboggans had gone slightly off course.

Tea at Reid's is much safer.

Regards,

Cublet
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Cublet has cruised on the following ships: Southern Cross, Island Star, MSC Musica, Navigator of the Seas (x 2), Voyager of the Seas, Celebrity Century, MSC Poesia, Oceana, Carnival Splendor, Brilliance of the Seas, Independence of the Seas (x 12), Arcadia, Azura, Ventura, Celebrity Eclipse (x 6), Adventure of the Seas (x 3), Queen Mary 2, Celebrity Constellation; and the following rivers: Seine, Danube, Nile, Rhone, Rhine, Neva.
937 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
Originally posted by cublet
Hello,

I have two lasting memories of the toboggan: (1) the smell of burning rubber; (2) The sight of 'skid marks' on the buildings where previous toboggans had gone slightly off course.

Tea at Reid's is much safer.

Regards,

Cublet
All Part of the experience

CK x
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
937 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
Hi Everyone.......

I have just asked if Royal Caribbean can hold a meet and mingle for us. They have asked if 25 people can register then they will see if they can confirm one. So If everyone who is going can register for it, following the link above: Click the Register for a Meet and Mingle, once the page loads up then click on register for a Royal Caribbean meet and mingle, follow the detail and add everyone who you are sailing with, hopefully we can get one!

If not Schooners Bar at 3pm on embarkation day!

CK x
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
2,109 Posts
Joined Dec 2011
im there see you all at the schooners bar at 3pm cant wait 89 days to go whooo im travelling alone
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Independence of the seas 22nd April 2012 crazy cruisers gang
Independence of the seas 21st September 2013 Crazy cruisers Reunion
Celebrity Equinox 8th May 2014
P&O Aurora Mini Cruise 7th May 2015 (Girly Booze Cruise)
P&O Azura 15th August Fjords
937 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
Originally posted by shayward26
im there see you all at the schooners bar at 3pm cant wait 89 days to go whooo im travelling alone
I believe it will be Schooners Bar at 3pm

CK x
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Crewe
44 Posts
Joined Jan 2011
Hi everyone!! Been studying the drinks packages really not sure which one to go for!! I did like the sound of the beer package but don't want to feel like I have to drink beer all the time. So not sure now.
Swaying more towards the gold wine package and maybe a soda package decisions! decisions! I quite enjoy the alco pops as well such as Smirnoff ice but they don't seem to be on any package.
Has anyone else booked a drinks package or thinking of booking one. So undecided whether to do one or not.

Thanks Emzzy
Scotland
91 Posts
Joined Aug 2010
Emzzy- Hi! I was INDY last March when the drinks package was first introduced. It was slightly cheaper then ($29,$39 & $49) I was travelling in a group of 11 & it worked really well for us. I don't know that we saved £ by doing this (some days I only had a glass wine with dinner other day a little more....!) anyway it was nice knowing what my bar bill would be for the cruise, I will defiantly be doing it again on this sailing. I know there have been some adjustments to this package since last year so I'm not sure if alchopops are included?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Freedom Of Seas Jan 10
Independence of Seas March 11 Canaries
Independence of Seas April 12 Canaries
Independence of Seas May 12 Paris
Independence of Seas April 13 TA
Crewe
44 Posts
Joined Jan 2011
Thanks for your reply, definitely thinking of doing some sort of package as like you say it's nice to know what your bar bill is. Yeah I noticed the prices have jumped up from last year, but looks as though they've added fountain soda in to the packages now.
I will try and find out whether the alco pops are included in any of them. My partner (Dj_Spud) has a friend on the Indy at the moment so he's going to see if he can get him to find out for us.

Many Thanks Emzzy
937 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
I have checked my cruise account online and I can't see anywhere stated that we can order the beer packages?
I just want to check the price of the package for this one and the Paris cruise after, see if would help lower my bar bill.
I ran up a hefty bar bill last year which was only saved by my OBC but it was a shame to waste it all like that. Could have spent it on other things....dunno what but it could have been some rubbish in the gift shop

I don't mind drinking beer, and I would like to see what beer is included. But no where on my booking can I see the button to push to view it

CK x
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature