Menopause Encouragement Take 3.....

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:14 PM.
Orlando
1,082 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
Played tennis on the face of the sun with my regular partner and 2 ladies I haven't seen all summer. One was in Spain, the other in France - both lucky enough to be visiting friends and family. It was good to be back to our own little group - we all had moments of brilliance and moments of comedy trying to hit the freakin little yellow ball. We had such a good time that Monday morning is going to be a standing date for the four of us to play.

Today is D-day for sonny boy - DH and I decided that intervention is necessary and he may call us what he'd like but he's not going to float on like a jelly fish. Stay tuned - I'll be back emotionally exhausted from all this motivating but we will get him on schedule. School starts in one week from today and his schedule starts at 7:30am M-Th. Been keeping him busy and off the computer and all gaming today. (boy my house is gonna be clean!) Gonna eat early then he's gonna go to bed and start sleeping this off.

Marianne it's been 80 degrees by sun-up here! I can not stand this heat. I have made it to week 2 of my couch to 5K. I may have to repeat a week because it's very difficult to run any length of time. I didn't lose a pound this week but considering how much I whooped it up on Friday night and last night at a wine tasting - I'm not doing too bad!

Onward and upward....no, make that onward and downward!!
D

PS Paula - happy to hear the shopping powers have returned many times over - You are our queen!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
----------------
"Travel is like a religion, where some people are incredibly fervent about it, while others just don't understand."
Calgary, Alberta
117 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
We had a nice weekend at the cabin. I drove myself out there and my new car has Sirius radio, which is wonderful because about an hour of the ride is out of normal radio range. The Bocce and barbecue was a lot of fun. I made an antipasta tray to bring. There were more than 40 people there. It was hot this weekend, I do not know how you guys deal with it.

I love the name of the new thread and I hope we can stay here and support each other for a very long time. Thanks for the email Paula.

Dee, welcome back, I copied your running program, and seeing it laid out like that makes it look doable. Your son loves to challenge you doesn’t he? I will say a prayer for you to keep strong. Is he planning to join the family business one day?

Smooth your article inspired me, I would never think I could run, but how will I know until I try it. Good job on the weight loss – wow two sizes.

Janey so what schedule do you work now? Do you get three days off? I may be doing week one on Dee’s plan for a year as well depending on how my knees hold up. It is really hard to change to cooking for two isn’t it? I do like having leftovers that I can have for lunch.

Kelly your description of a relaxing Saturday sounded lovely. How do you make your ribs?

Paula your shopping powers are amazing, I am in awe. Make sure you do enjoy the time off before taking on the new job.

Marianne maybe you and Paula can lead a shopping weekend for us one day. I certainly could use a mentor. I love your prayer: “I'll pray that our group stays together and we all shrink this week!” I will pray that your DD sees how crazy this is and that you and your DH get to have a wonderful visit with DGDs. Your instincts are so right on this.

Punki, how kind of you to add a prayer for me, thank you very much. It sounds like you are feeling better as you are keeping busy and evaluating all your travel plans. New York will be so special at Christmas.

Mary I am so glad you enjoyed the wedding and it sounds like you did very well given the occasion. How fun to watch your DGD have so much fun, sweet memories.

Amy, you must be so busy with work and all your cruise details.

Ellen, I cannot remember if you are in 0regon or back yet. When are you making the Cars 2 cake?

OK, back to work.

I am grateful for all my meno sisters. Trish
Vancouver, WA
36 Posts
Joined Aug 2011
I have a friend visiting from Spokane and have been busy golfing and dining with her as well as making cakes for and attending my little GSs 4th birthday party.

D-I took her to Veritable Quandry Saturday after the party. Thanks for reminding me about that place

Here are the results of my baking and decorating. I was so happy the 3d Lightning McQueen turned out. But I was wary since I have not made a car shaped car before so I made a back up cake! So the little one got to blow out candles twice!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cars 2 caleb.jpg (18.3 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg cars2caleb.jpg (10.4 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg carsfbb.jpg (17.2 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg carsfb.jpg (21.6 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg carsw.jpg (9.4 KB, 22 views)
Georgia
723 Posts
Joined Jun 2010
Hello, Girls,

It was a busy Monday. DH spent the day on the phone trying to placate the crazy people that we are tryng to book this March cruise with. Getting 4 couples to agree on anything is tough. I have just about decided that vacationing by committee is not for me, especially when the head of the committee is a crazy person. Just sayin'......

I did a bedroom redo today. I had bought a great new comforter and shams a few months ago and decided that today was the day to do the change over. So I feel like I have a new bedroom. I don't know how much of my time this new job is going to take, so I am going to try to get things done before I start.

Punki and Marianne... Funny how we all heard the same gospel. I hadn't thought about that. Our little Italian priest will be with us for another 2 weeks and I have grown quite fond of him. He is a mere child, probably in his 20's, but very bright and very descriptive. He always manages to leave me with something to think about all week in his cute little Italian accent.

And Trish... I have started a special week of prayer for you in preparation for your surgery. May you feel supported and loved in the coming days.

Jack plays golf tomorrow and I am off to tap into my shopping superpowers. I have found something interesting: it was easier to find those bargains when I wore a bigger size. Go figure! But I am trying to be smart and buy only what I truly love. I have stuffed my closets with things that I only wear once or twice and then hate. That seems like a waste of money in the long run.

The weather here has been great. It was cool this morning and didn't get unbearably hot as the day wore on. I know that I need to get on the exercise wagon. You girls are doing so great with that. I need to get over the excuses and become a NIKE commerical and just DO it!

I like our new little secret posting place. I agree: I was afraid that we were going to lose our closeness out there in floataway. I am glad that we have rediscovered it here.

Hugs to you all,
Paula
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” Thank you, Mr. Twain; I think I will!

Read my review of The Legend at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...ght=mama+lapin

Read my review of The Triumph at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1319664

Read my review of The Fascination at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1351702

Previous Cruises:

Carnival Legend - 9-12-2010
Carnival Triumph - 12-2-2010
Carnival Fascination - 1-27-2011
Carnival Fascination - 4-30-11
Carnival Triumph - 9-17-2011
Carnival Dream - 3-24-2012
Carnival Fascination - 8-19-2012
Carnival Legend - 9-30-2012
Carnival Legend - 1-27-2013
Carnival Fantasy - 7-22-2013
Carnival Dream - 10-5-2013

Seattle, Washington
3,918 Posts
Joined Apr 2005
Paula, the readings for ordinary times are set for the whole world on a three-year cycle, so no matter where you are, you will hear the same readings that are being read in every other Catholic Church in the world. I also believe that the Eastern Orthodox Churches, and Byzantine Churches follow the same schedule, and even some Protestant Churches, but I am not sure which ones--maybe the Anglicans. The readings for special celebrations, i.e. Christmas, Easter, etc., are always the same every year.

I used to be a reader, but dropped out. I am thinking of getting back into it someday, when I don't travel so much.

Got to scoot home.

Punki
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Breathless with anticipation

Celebrity Constellation 11/17 (Rome to Abu Dhabi)
Costa Victoria 2/18 (Singapore to Savona)

Joyful memories

Emerald Princess 6/17 (Alaska), Celebrity Infinity 2/17 (Antarctica) * Diamond Princess 11/16 (Asia) * Queen Victoria 4/16. (Cape Town to Southampton) * Caribbean Princess 2/16 (Western Caribbean) * Ocean Princess 12/15 (Trans Atlantic), Queen Victoria 10/15 (Istanbul and Eastern Med) * Pacific Princess 5/15 (Pacific Coastal) * Golden Princess 5/15 (Pacific Coastal) * Queen Victoria 2/15 (South Pacific) * Queen Elizabeth 11/14 Mediterranean (Croatia)*Golden Princess 09/14 Pacific Coastal * Queen Victoria 08/14 Baltic (Russia) * Grand Princess 5/14 Pacific Coastal * Star Princess 5/14 Pacific Coastal * Island Princess 4/14 Panama Canal * Star Princess 12/13 Hawaii (Best cruise ever) * HAL Noordam 10/13 WB Transatlantic * Golden Princess 8/13 Alaska * Golden Princess 12/12 Hawaii *Sapphire Princess 10/12 California Coastal * Caribbean Princess 7/12 Scandinavia * Caribbean Princess 4/12 EB Transatlantic Crossing * HAL Amsterdam 9/11 Puget Sound * Star Princess 7/11 Mediterraean * Island Princess 5/11 SFO/YVR * Emerald Princess 12/10 Aruba * Coral Princess 9/10 Coastal * Golden Princess 6/10 Alaska * Celebrity Mercury 10/9 Puget Sound * Star Princess 9/09 Alaska * Golden Princess 9/09 Coastal * Golden Princess 6/09 Alaska * Star Princess 5/09 Coastal * Sapphire Princess 12/08 Mexico * Golden Princess 9/08, Repo * HAL Volendam 9/08, Repo * NCL Star 9/08 Repo * QM2 7/08, New England * Island Princess 5/08 Coastal * Coral Princess 5/08 * Diamond Princess 9/07 * Island Princess 5/07 * Golden Princess 5/07 * HAL Veendam 9/06, Repo * Dawn Princess 9/06 Coastal * Dawn Princess 5/06 Repo * Sapphire Princess 9/05 PacificCoastal * Island Princess 8/05 YVR/ANC
ny
4,063 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
Paula - Ive been thinking of Jack on and off all weekend watching the golf at the Atlanta Athletic Club. Has he ever played here? Wow wow wow what a course !!! So how many days a week is this job of yours going to be? Is it going to be weekends? Sorry if I missed it.

Marianne Hunny all I can say is big hugs to you with DD. I know how hard it is for you and I wish I could hug you everyday. You are such a strong brave woman !!!

D- Speaking of strong brave women .... Girl you are Superwoman.... I wish you good luck with DS ughhhh just reading your writing brings back such horrible memories... Whew glad my son didn't take us up on the offer to move back in.

Mary so two weeks from today is what ?? Is your business official then?

Trish so Im glad you had a great weekend at the cabin and that the get together was good, so what ever happened with DH and psyco neighbor. Did neighbor come to his senses?

Ellen glad to see you are enjoyingthe golfing and shopping. Ive been on a real spree lately with such good bargains, that I just have to control myself.. We want to golf on Saturday but not sure if we will. If not we will bring our clubs to Maine with us anyway and likely play a couple of times up there.

Janey and the rest of you southern gals glad its coolin off a little for you. Hope things are better for you at work also.

Kelly - When does school start for you and how long until you are done for good? Who will have the little one?

Punki - I must tell you thank you for your order. I apologize for the delay. Avon never sent me an email alerting me to your order like they always have. Oh my when I read Christmas in NYC I recalled being there last year 3 days after the blizzard and the mess that still was in T.S. in preparation for New Years Eve. I DID love it during the holiday time though. Does your DD and her partner live right in Manhattan? I was planning a weekend there for 9/11 weekend but the hotels are ridiculously priced and I didnt want to be anywhere near WTC site on that day. I have a friend cruising out on the Miracle and another who is in Brooklyn and we were all going to get together, but Im gonna pass this time. Irks me the prices they charge because they can.

Smooth - Ok Girlfriend you inspired me ever since you started running I have been saying I want to get back to it to myself.. Well tonight first night back at the gym, I did some weight machines, some free weights, the upside down sit ups bench, the Cybex and then the treadmill OMG it felt SO GOOD !!!!! I only did 30 minutes Im starting out again with a 2 minute walk 4 minute run repeat until 30 minutes.. ahhhhhh it was great. Knees hurt a little but I thin thats just because I havent done it in awhile.

I have to get on track for Hawaii. If they offer hula lessons I dont want my big stomach sticking out over that grass skirt. I might even go back to some insanity workouts in the morning. We shall see....

Dianne - Hope you are having a great visit with the rest of the family and gettin a little relaxin in too.

Hope I didnt miss anyone, but I do have to go and have my WEIGHTWATCHERS fudge bar as a treat.
Orlando, FL
4,629 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Good evening chickies!

What a busy day, speaking of Monday's I've decided the best day to do grocery shopping. No one at the store on Monday since they were all in there over the weekend and the shelves have all been restocked.

Made some veggie soup, cleaned house, did some work on the business and cooked dinner. Whew! and to think I'll only be home a week then I'm off to training.

Here's the link to my FB album of the wedding. No pics of me, I took them all!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...240e4ed&type=1

Tomorrow I'm back at the gym, can't wait!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
[font=Book Antiqua][size=4][color=blue]If my ship sails from sight, it doesn't mean my journey ends, it simply means the river bends.

Mary has already sailed on....

Disney Magic, 12/13, Vision of the Seas 11/13, Carnival Liberty 8/13, Enchantment of the Seas 6/13, Norwegian Dawn 3/13, Oasis of the Seas 1/13,Sapphire Princess 9/12, Grand Princess 3/12, Pacific Princess 12/11, Ruby Princess 3/11, Golden Princess 2/10, Ruby Princess 12/09,Sea Princess 8/08, Emerald Princess 12/07, Disney Wonder,9/07,Coral Princess,11/06, Star Princess 8/05,Grand Princess 5/04,Coral Princess 8/03,Disney Wonder 6/03,Carnival Pride 9/02,Disney Wonder 8/02
CT
5,366 Posts
Joined Apr 2004
What a beautiful wedding gown. Althought I am disappointed I did got to see you in our dress.

CC, well cool another runner in our group, that makes 3!! At this rate I may have to create us a runnng thread! Yippie the rain has stopped and may get to do my run outside today.

So I think everyone has arrived but Dianne, right?

Everyone have a super day.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Our Cruise Reviews here: WWW.Justcruisin-sv.com
ny
4,063 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
Im pretty sure Diane said she would be away for two weeks I think from last weekend.

Paula you emaield her though right? I will FB her our link. oh wait cant FB at work and too hard to do on my phone Ill do it later.
Orlando
1,082 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
Gracious Good Afternoon,

OK so it wasn't easy - sort of like a 6' toddler..."I'm not sleepy I don't want to go to bed". But the line in the sand was drawn and by God I got him to take a melatonin and go the F to sleep. He managed to sleep approximately 12:30am to 8am. Almost normal night sleep. Drastic measures were taken - like removing certain electronics but at least we're on a good path now. Stand back I'm rollin the dice girly-s I'm going for 2 nights in a row.....

Scale hasn't budged. Played 2 hours of tennis and did lots of hamster wheel tasks yesterday. If I maintain good habits both eating and exercise over the next week or so but don't lose, I will have to go see the Doc. At this point it would be somewhat of a relief to know if something isn't right - weight loss has been feeling utterly futile lately.

Loved the cake Ellen - your DGS looked enchanted with it! (oh I miss VQ!)

Mary - what a pretty bride! That dress was a show stopper.

Smooth & CC jog on ladies! I've moved up to week 2. I did 4 sets of 5 min walk and 2 minute run this AM. It's helping keep the stress down.

Trish so far I am rising to DS's challenge. (he must forgot who he was fooling with!)

Paula are you making the shopping gods smile once again today?

Janey thinking of you too - hope all is well!

later my lovelies,
D
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
----------------
"Travel is like a religion, where some people are incredibly fervent about it, while others just don't understand."
2,473 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
Good Morning! had a nice run/walk this morning. Temps are dropping overnight so the morning is nice, in the 60's. Golf was brutally hot yesterday. I wonder if I burn more cals when I'm sweating so much?

Amy, Dianne is in Cinncinati. I haven't even seen her on FB so she either doesn't have access or is super busy with the DGKs.
My online class starts this Thursday and the rest all start next week. Baby will be going to daycare three afternoons a week and we are working it out that DH or I will watch him the rest of the time. DD is hoping to find a job closer to the BF so as soon as that happens she'll move. YUM on the fudge bar! I should get some of those when I go to the store today.

Mary, you must be getting so excited! Will you have a website? are you going to send us a link? The picks of the wedding were beautiful! I jokingly tried to talk my DD into changing her colors (black & bright pink), because I found a really cute dress I could wear. But I'll keep looking. The bridesmades are wearing black so my choices are black, bright pink, or I'm thinking a gun metal grey.

Paula, happy shopping today! Hope you find some great bargains! I agree with you about not picking up things that are only going to take up space and you’ll only wear once or twice. It seems I have my go to pieces, I love cardigans, especially printed ones. I have one that I got at TJ Maxx with multi-colored flowers so I can wear it with a colored cami or blouse. The trench you picked up was such a good deal! There is a Burlington about an hr & a half from here. I never get there. But that is the area DD is thinking of moving to so maybe it will be in my shopping future!

Trish, the Bocce and BBQ sounded like a fun time. My niece that was over for ribs does a game day with some of their neighbors. They sign up for a snack & drinks that they will serve and what yard games they will have out. It has to be something for kids and adults. Her house will be last for grilling dinner and swimming. They do it once a summer and all have such a good time. I’ll post my rib recipe later. I think I’ll start a new recipe thread in our Meno Sisters so look for it there. What I didn’t add to it was that this last time because the guys were golfing the ribs ended up in the oven for 3 hrs rather than 2. They were fall off the bone tender when they came off the grill, no knives needed at all!

D, Yuck! How can you even go out in that heat? I’d be on the treadmill until it got cooler, kind of like here, I use mine in the winter. Hope you get DS on board, for us old folks the hours they keep are so odd but that is the way many of them live. I’m always surprised when kids come to class for noon and they just got up after being up all night, or turning in a paper that they just finished when I’ve had mine done for days.
Punki, your Christmas vacation plans sound beautiful! I’m sure you and DH will have a lovely time with the girls!

Marianne, my heart breaks for you and DH through this situation with your DD. I will pray that her DH has a change of heart. It is so sad that he wants to keep her and the kids from having a relationship with you. Lucas has been walking for a month and quite a handful to watch! Those hours at daycare really help with our sanity.
Dianne, hope you are having a fun time with the DGKs! Are you doing Kings Island or the zoo? When my sister lived in Loveland those were always places that we went when we went to visit.

Ellen, sounds like you and your friend are having a good time! Happy golfing!

Janey! Oh my I was getting to everyone and I missed you and I didn't mean to. So what was the verdict on the book you were reading, you said you weren't going to recommend it till you finished it. I started a recipe thread under our Meno Sisters, hoping we start a book one to!

Ok, baby calls!
Kelly
Calgary, Alberta
117 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
Paula, thank you for your prayers. I feel a little overwhelmed with all this attention, but I am very grateful for your support. At least Jack was on the phone trying to make plans for your cruise – that must be a good thing. I can imagine that coordinating things with that many other people has its challenges.

Ellen the cake pictures are wonderful. You are so talented. Golfing and dining with a friend sounds like good times.

Amy, the neighbours were at the party so it was a bit awkward. I think I will put together a gift basket or something to give as a peace offering. DH will not like that but I do not want to generate bad karma.

I had not gone shopping and did not have a plan for dinner last night other than grilling chicken breast on the grill. I had some grape tomatoes and lots of fresh basil left over from the Boccocini /basil/ tomato skewers I made for the antipasta tray. I cooked up some of the smart brand spaghettini and served with the tomatoes basil and asiago cheese, it was yummy. Not the best for carbs, but pasta is such a comfort food for me.

Kelly, great job starting the recipe thread. There is a lot to do to get those ribs ready but it sounds so delicious. Nice to know the recipe is here whenever I am ready to make it. Back to school soon, how do you feel about that?

D, the scale must be wrong! With all you do, you must be burning calories and building muscle. Maybe it is water retention because of the heat and when it cools down you will lose 10 lbs! Hang in there with DS you can do this.

Mary thanks for sharing the pictures they were wonderful. Whoever said the dress was a showstopper was right and your GD is so darling. Maybe I should try shopping on Mondays to get the week started right, no more pasta for me.

Hope everyone else is doing well. I have to get back to work.

Cheers ladies.
Orlando, FL
4,629 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Oh me, Oh my! This working from home is quite something!

Thanks everyone for the nice comments on the wedding, can you believe the brides dad picked out that dress for her? She was so nervous right before the wedding I thought she was going to pass out, she got real emotional up on the alter but her DH and the pastor got her laughing.

Smooth, I didn't wear the dress like yours, I bought that one for my Amazon cruise.

Dee, I'm like you, the scale is not budging and I'm wondering if I've got some thyroid stuff going on and will ask the Dr. next time I go.

Trish, didn't forget about the "cloud phone" question. I'm not very good at describing technical stuff, but the company is called Ring Central. It works really well and I'll be able to work through the internet while on cruises! Yeah!!!

I'll have two websites once everything is up and running. A travel site as well as a business site. I'll be sending links through email as well as on my FB page. Oh, I'll also have a FB page and probably Twitter as well.

Kelly, I'm wishing you the best with your classes this year. I took a quiz online today and thought I was going to lose it!

Ellen, the CARS cake was sooo cute! My DGS loves Cars movies too.

Amy, I sure hope you can get the scale moving too, sounds like you're on a roll. I've got to get back in the swing of things, hopefully back to the gym tomorrow, didn't make it today like I had hoped. Got interupted by DD who needed to use the computer.

Time to roll, I've got some terrible munchies tonight and just a few cals left.....hmmmm wonder if I can go ahead and go to bed so I won't eat more.

Tata, Mary
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
[font=Book Antiqua][size=4][color=blue]If my ship sails from sight, it doesn't mean my journey ends, it simply means the river bends.

Disney Magic, 12/13, Vision of the Seas 11/13, Carnival Liberty 8/13, Enchantment of the Seas 6/13, Norwegian Dawn 3/13, Oasis of the Seas 1/13,Sapphire Princess 9/12, Grand Princess 3/12, Pacific Princess 12/11, Ruby Princess 3/11, Golden Princess 2/10, Ruby Princess 12/09,Sea Princess 8/08, Emerald Princess 12/07, Disney Wonder,9/07,Coral Princess,11/06, Star Princess 8/05,Grand Princess 5/04,Coral Princess 8/03,Disney Wonder 6/03,Carnival Pride 9/02,Disney Wonder 8/02
CT
5,366 Posts
Joined Apr 2004
Right Mary, LOL I think you did tell me that was not the dress you picked to wear for the wedding!...Now I have munchies every night without fail, I have a sweet tooth that will never go away so no sense fighting it. I make certain I have 200 calories left at the end of each day and I do the same thing!!.. A cookies and cream skinny cow ice cream bar and a Quaker chewy granola bar...200 calories and I am perfectly content!!

I actually started running when we were having 100 degrees weather. I must be super strange, I liked it!! But of course I am running trails along the river. Did my first day of week 3 tonight. I made it through, yippie, yippie!! I really thought I physically was not going to be able to do it, but I did. You know you read all the time that one should change up thier exercise but I never did, content with what I was doing. Aside that I think this has started my weight loss again, which of course is good, it also is feeding an emotional side of me. Something I thought I could not do, I can do and I can feel myself really listening to my body, take what I know from dance and apply it to this, take my business drive apply to something that is just for me.... I am proud of me, and that is a great feeling, def. hooked!!

Ellen, I cant beleive I forgot to tell you thoes cakes were awesome. LOL when my GS was 4 he loved the Cars movie.. LOL, so did Nick!!

D, I am so sorry for your weight loss fustration... I have in the past gone weeks with no weight loss, just hang in there, it will happen. But visiting a Dr certainly cant hurt.

Waving to everyone else!! Need some mindless TV after a stressful workday...Budget deadlines quickly approaching.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Vancouver, WA
36 Posts
Joined Aug 2011
Gonna do a quick drive by after spending time reading all your wonderful updates.

I finally found a comforter and just in time for DHs birthday. Of course that is not his present, but he has been telling me after two years to find one already!!!

I walked into Macys with my DD and my friend and saw a Martha Stewart collection called Brown Damask with purple and lavender, Wonderful texture. When I got it home it looked gray and not brown , but it goes with my Maple Bedroom set. After 2 years I fond something I like. I still can not believe I like something. I honestly don't love it but I can live with it happily Hubby will be suprised when he gets home after these two weeks being gone. I will post pics even if it is not finished in a couple of days. I need some new artwork in there definitely.

Although, DH said D is my secret friend that visited Portland so I am sure he is following our board.
Love you all and will comment to each of you manana
Ellen
Boca Raton, Fl
3,179 Posts
Joined Nov 2000
Ladies, thanks for all the heartfelt thoughts and prayers about my DD's situation. I hate to always be a downer and discuss it but it's in my face many days and wish I could lose a pound for every tear I've shed. DD sent me a long email today how much they appreciated the bday gifts I sent the girls. I wouldn't skype but she did post pictures of them opening the gifts.
Speaking of losing pounds, not happening!!! I know mine was too much cereal yesterday. I start munching on it and things get out of control! Today will be perfect with zumba tonight. Our instructor that I love just found out she's pregnant and is spotting so she can't do the classes. The one that replaced her temporarily actually did better than usual. She's a wonderful person but lacks rhythm. I'm sure eventually they'll hire someone else. Next week they are renovating the Curves and adding more zumba classes so it'll be interesting. They have a new owner that's in her 30's and trying to draw a younger crowd.
Ellen, my DH doesn't follow the thread but listens constantly to many of our stories on our morning walks. BTW, rain this morning so no morning walk in the heat but am going to make up for that with some serious cleaning of my patio, grill and garage (as usual)! LOL I loved your cakes. That car came out so great!!!
Mary, looking forward to our Sunday visit. Can't wait to hear all about your new business. That "cloud phone" sounds interesting. It's amazing what can be done with technology.
Trish, I'm like you and it's sometimes hard to be the center of attention but with your upcoming surgery, you just have to take the attention and prayers. Hopefully the recovery will be fast and this will all be behind you. What kind of car did you get? I'm still wrestling with buying a new car. I drove DH's Cadilac on Monday to get him new tires and I really hated that big car. I loved my little Jag when I got it back. I'm thinking maybe of just driving it until the next problem. I test drove many cars and it's so confusing. The new Lincoln's are nice but still a little big but lots of accessories that are standard including the Sirius radio and there are lights on the sideview mirrors that blink when someone is in your blind spot which is nice.
Kelly, after reading about your ribs, I was salvating for the "fall off the bone" ribs!! Good luck with your classes again and so happy that you have worked out the daycare issues. I can't wait to see the 60s here again but that won't be for a couple months.
Amy, it is unbelieveable the prices NYC hotels draw!! Then you get there and it's this little dumpy old hotel and you paid all these $$$. My best scrore was when the internet first started listing prices of hotel rooms and I got the Waldorf for $175 on the Concierge Level with free food and beverages. You WON'T ever see that one again!!
Smooth, glad you are enjoying the joy of accomplishment with the running. I feel that way about the zumba. I really feel accomplished when the class ends and I did every step! I've tried running but just can't get into it. I never enjoyed running even as a kid when I played sports. I liked to bat the ball but hated to run to first base! LOL I played volleyball in highschool...probably because you didn't have to run far!
D, you poor dear with dealing with DS. Oh how I can remember comparing my huge kid to a toddler. LOL when you made that reference. It WILL get better. You have to keep telling yourself that. I took a long time off of subbing to devote to molding the kid. That was AFTER college when he didn't think any job was worthy of him. Sheesh, and many parents think it ends at 18! Thoughts and prayers your way. Glad you found a good tennis game for Mondays and you will love it come November! hahaha
Punki, I was a lectorer, Eucharistic Minsiter and CCD teacher for around 25 years. Now I belong to a new church that is only 3 miles from my house. They were begging for CCD teachers and I almost broke down but DH convinced me that I put my time in and I'd be missing lots of classes with all our traveling. It is kind of nice to just be a "pew" person and not be "on" when you go to church although being a very active part of the Mass makes it more meaningful.
Paula, I just know you are going to love the job and that it is going to add to your life. I have tried to do as you and not buy stuff that I don't love. I almost bought a so/so tshirt for exercising yesterday and it was $26 on sale for $16 and then the bulb went off that this really isn't a bargain and I don't love it. I ended up with one for $8. I find that when I dress nice for my zumba class, I feel and do better.
OK, hope I got to everyone and now I cannot procrastinate any longer. Off to the patio cleaning. I've got on my bathing suit :O so swimming will come after the sweating!
Marianne
Boca Raton, Fl
3,179 Posts
Joined Nov 2000
Janey, don't want you to think I forgot you but I sent you an email right before I posted so thought you were covered! LOL Looking forward to our October visit!
Marianne
Seattle, Washington
3,918 Posts
Joined Apr 2005
You dress for Zumba, Marianne? I just throw on my old workout clothes and go, then I even go to the library and shop after I am done at the gym. Maybe I should think about looking a little less like a street person when I am out and about. It is funny because I would never dream of going to the office without make-up and nice clothes.

When we go to New York, Rome, Paris or someplace else with really expensive rooms, we pay for one night and then use the points for the next night. For our Christmas stay, we are paying for one night and then using points for 4 nights. Now my daughter has snagged some amazing rooms on tour from Priceline for like $50 a night. She just looks for 4 or 5 stars and somehow she finds them.

Can't wait for you to get the business up and running, Mary. Then you can fill us in on all the great deals. I really need a great deal about now. We still need to cruise to South America, the British Isles, Northern Europe and Russia, Asia, Africa and the Middle East. I was thinking last night that sooner or later, we are going to run out of world to see--well, if we are lucky enough to live that long.

Ellen, I too have been looking for a new bedspread for a couple of years. I love our current one (which is actually a duplicate of our previous one) but it is faded from where the sun hits it all afternoon. You know it just dawned on my that I might try to bleach the previous one (which I still have) to see if I can get it all one color again. I sure haven't had any luck finding anything I like as well.

Do you really think your husband reads this thread? That's amusing. I can't imagine Joe reading it in a million years. He is too busy with his own internet workout friends. We do, however, share stories about our internet families so he knows who all of you are.

Still praying for you Trish and hoping for the best possible results. Pasta sounds heavenly right now, but I am going to stick to my low carb routine until I get to where I want to be. We are required to have 1.5 Tbsp of oat bran per day and that magically does seem to eliminate any actual cravings for carbs, but pasta still sounds heavenly.

I think I told you guys about my niece who had gastric sleeve surgery and is working as a spokesperson for a cosmetic surgery company, didn't I. Anyway she has a counselor and a nutritionist and they told her that when you are just hungry for anything at all, that is true hunger. When you want something specific that is just appetite. I try to remember that when I get a craving, although truthfully, I have very few cravings on this diet.

I am glad to hear, Kelly, that things are cooling down for you. After our experience in Athens, I hate the heat even more than I thought I did. I am stuck in Seattle forever I do believe.

D, kids. They cause us the greatest joys and the greatest frustrations in all of our lives. I think we have all had our rough spots, and then, 99% of the time, they work themselves out and we are left with pure (well more or less pure) joy.

Well I really need to scoot off to the gym. We are having a dinner party tonight for two of our favorite couples so I need to get my deck cleaned up, although I did warn them that if they wanted to see a really clean house, to stay home. If they want really good food and company, in a dirty house, they can come. I actually did clean my kitchen.

Catch you later, Punki
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Breathless with anticipation

Celebrity Constellation 11/17 (Rome to Abu Dhabi)
Costa Victoria 2/18 (Singapore to Savona)

Joyful memories

Emerald Princess 6/17 (Alaska), Celebrity Infinity 2/17 (Antarctica) * Diamond Princess 11/16 (Asia) * Queen Victoria 4/16. (Cape Town to Southampton) * Caribbean Princess 2/16 (Western Caribbean) * Ocean Princess 12/15 (Trans Atlantic), Queen Victoria 10/15 (Istanbul and Eastern Med) * Pacific Princess 5/15 (Pacific Coastal) * Golden Princess 5/15 (Pacific Coastal) * Queen Victoria 2/15 (South Pacific) * Queen Elizabeth 11/14 Mediterranean (Croatia)*Golden Princess 09/14 Pacific Coastal * Queen Victoria 08/14 Baltic (Russia) * Grand Princess 5/14 Pacific Coastal * Star Princess 5/14 Pacific Coastal * Island Princess 4/14 Panama Canal * Star Princess 12/13 Hawaii (Best cruise ever) * HAL Noordam 10/13 WB Transatlantic * Golden Princess 8/13 Alaska * Golden Princess 12/12 Hawaii *Sapphire Princess 10/12 California Coastal * Caribbean Princess 7/12 Scandinavia * Caribbean Princess 4/12 EB Transatlantic Crossing * HAL Amsterdam 9/11 Puget Sound * Star Princess 7/11 Mediterraean * Island Princess 5/11 SFO/YVR * Emerald Princess 12/10 Aruba * Coral Princess 9/10 Coastal * Golden Princess 6/10 Alaska * Celebrity Mercury 10/9 Puget Sound * Star Princess 9/09 Alaska * Golden Princess 9/09 Coastal * Golden Princess 6/09 Alaska * Star Princess 5/09 Coastal * Sapphire Princess 12/08 Mexico * Golden Princess 9/08, Repo * HAL Volendam 9/08, Repo * NCL Star 9/08 Repo * QM2 7/08, New England * Island Princess 5/08 Coastal * Coral Princess 5/08 * Diamond Princess 9/07 * Island Princess 5/07 * Golden Princess 5/07 * HAL Veendam 9/06, Repo * Dawn Princess 9/06 Coastal * Dawn Princess 5/06 Repo * Sapphire Princess 9/05 PacificCoastal * Island Princess 8/05 YVR/ANC
CT
5,366 Posts
Joined Apr 2004
So I caved!!... After another intense day of budgets I left work, did not give it a second thought, proceeded directly to the wine store! Now, I am relaxed! I sure am glad the battery on my scale is dead!!

It is super enjoyable and relaxing for me to come home and read about all of your lives. I am sure I have not said this lately how much I enjoy this thread as a part of my life. I nod my head alot understanding just what you all post... I love our new home, so easy to find.

I admire you all who have the ability to read endless threads and respond to each one of us.... It always makes me smile that between all my endless silly chatter of mine, someone actually weeded through what I said!! Lately at day end I just dont have this kind of retention to address all, and feel bad about it.... Usually ends up with that one thing I read that I just have to talk about.... So

Marianne, you do not sound like a broken record to me. Perhaps because like you I have not seen my grandkids in years, same, spouse issues.... (If you recall she thinks because we are not born again, we are possessed by the devil!!) But I want to remind you, just like I remind myself about my son, your daughter loves you very much and there is nothing much you can do different to change the situation, this time mom simply cant help. She is just trying to survive with her spouse. The only reason I even have a facebook account is because my son post pictures of the kids daily and it is there I get my pleasure...... Anyway, with my whole heart I hope you find a way to stop beating yourself up over what is, just enjoy the pictures, let them make you smile and give yourself a break... Sending you hugs sweetie....

Oh BTW, Nick would never take the time to read here, but oh yes, he knows you all.... I love to tell him the stories I read here... I think too, he knows you all!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Orlando, FL
4,629 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
And another day just went whizzing by! Yes, the countdown is on and I leave for training on Sunday, actually started packing today.

Smooth, I get what you're saying about the running, and it does feel like a great accomplishment when you're finished. Don't sweat about the wine store, some days you just gotta have it!

Punki, perhaps you and Joe just need to take a World Cruise! now that would help you get through that list of yours wouldn't it? About 3 1/2 months on a cruise ship sounds like fun to me, I just hope I survive 28 days next year, then I can think about a longer one.

Ellen, I hear you about the bedding. I have a horrible time finding things that I like and tend to keep the same thing for a very long time. No changing with the seasons around here, I'm doing good to change the sheets!

Marianne, the email from your DD made me smile. I'm so glad you sent the gifts and she is showing her appreciation. The pictures, I'm sure, were great and I bet you really smiled seeing them open those gifts. Speaking of gifts, the wine is on my list, after hearing about all your cleaning it's the least I can do. I'm looking forward to another long chat with you and seeing Larry again.

Ok, Carl just got in, just did an overnight in Houston, gotta run and fix him some dinner. He's doing really great with the whole diet thing, he wants an omelet tonight.

C ya! Mary
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature