Fridge in the Rhapsody of the Seas

We are going on the Rhapsody in Sept sailing from Honolulu to Sydney, and this is the 1st time we have booked a balcony cabin , Is there a fridge in the room . Cause we have been on this ship twice before , but only inside cabin .:D:D

Hi, we are also sailing with you. My DH rang RCI to request a fridge as we need to have some medication refrigerated, he was told that it would be noted & would be no problem. There is nothing on our cruise details & we will be following up. I've been told that Rhapsody doesn't have fridges. It's a grey area. We are not in a balcony cabin (sigh) so your chances are probably better than ours.

Hi, we are also sailing with you. My DH rang RCI to request a fridge as we need to have some medication refrigerated, he was told that it would be noted & would be no problem. There is nothing on our cruise details & we will be following up. I've been told that Rhapsody doesn't have fridges. It's a grey area. We are not in a balcony cabin (sigh) so your chances are probably better than ours.

Maxx, you are correct, it IS a gray area. The balcony cabins have what they call a "mini bar" which is a electric driven cooler. Some work perfectly, and others can't hold 50 degrees.

If you have a need for a refrigerator, the ship carries a supply of these, and they will be placed in your cabin, in plain sight. They are used for medications, and work perfectly. If only the mini bars would work as well, everyone would be happy!

Obviously, the mini bars draw less amperage, or everyone would have a working refer.

The worst that I experienced was on the Mariner of the Seas, in the Royal Suite........where the mini bar did not work. Rather than give me a new one, they put an under counter refrigerator in the dining room area........so that after our cruise, they could screw the next occupant!

Another reasone we no longer book RS's Royal Caribbean.........try to keep them up.....they cost more to enjoy than any other cabin, yet they are some of the worst kept. If RCCL is going to put money into the inovations of an RS.........keep putting the money in to keep them up to date........totally!!:eek:

Rick

• 2 months later...

Yes there is a refrig....in balcony cabins....

Full of drinks they charge you for!

(Even water!!! What a joke!)

Sorry forgot...every time I get into my cabin I empty the refrig

(make sure your steward sees the bar/water on the side or

you will be charged...)

and bring my own wine and/or fill it up w/ left over room service

items.... or...items from Windjammer, etc.

If you need to drink water (drinks).................bring your own water bottle

there is plenty of places to fill it or get free beverages (juice, water, ice tea

at buffet bars!)

Archived