Crazy Cruisers part three :)

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 10:44 AM.
1,557 Posts
Joined Feb 2012
Hi, I fell asleep tonight!
Hope you get a good rest Gill, I have been needing a nap every night for the last few weeks, I'm blaming the cold dark nights and think we should hibernate until Spring

Chrissy that's an awful big amount to pay for insurance. Hope you are feeling better today.

Linda how is Adam today? Will he be back at school tomorrow?

What are you up to tomorrow Sam, did you say when you are putting your tree up?

Jasmine you have had an eventful day. Well done on ordering your car, but even better (because you get it very soon) is your upgrades YAY how good is that. Not long before you can enjoy your suite I do hope your MIL doesn't create when she finds out.

Carol (and Gill) my dad has had his appt to see the consultant to discuss the findings of the MRI, it is middle of January....trouble is, he hasn't had the actual MRI appt yet
We had a card arrive last week from Australia, I really must get that one sent, I haven't checked on the last posting dates

Mo did do well in the jungle tonight, not too bothered that she left though.

Loraine xx
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

October 2016 - CELEBRITY ECLIPSE - Canaries & o/n in Lisbon
April 2016 - OVATION OF THE SEAS - France & Spain
September 2015 - CELEBRITY ECLIPSE - Azores & Canaries
May 2015 - BRITANNIA - Norway
September 2014 - AZURA - Med
September 2014 - AZURA - Bruges B2B

September 2013 - INDEPENDENCE OF THE SEAS - Med Treasures
May 2013 - INDEPENDENCE OF THE SEAS - Norwegian Fjords
March 2012 - INDEPENDENCE OF THE SEAS - Canaries & Lisbon
October 2010 - INDEPENDENCE OF THE SEAS - Canaries
Newtownabbey, Northern Ireland
5,762 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Your all up late tonight, that's not like you Sam

I was in bed reading for a while then I got up and put a couple of decorations on the tree, it looked so bare I just couldn't leave it like that.

Better get back to bed as we're hoping to get out early tomorrow.

Night night girls

Carol xx
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
June 2001. Splendour of the Seas. Med
June 2003. Splendour of the Seas. Med
March 2004. P&O Oceana. Caribbean
June 2004. Celebrity Galaxy. Med
June 2007. Brilliance of the Seas. Med
April 2008. Navigator of the Seas. Med
May 2009. Navigator of the Seas. Med. Back 2 Back
May 2010. Adventure of the Seas
March 2011. Independence of the Seas
Oct 2011. Norwegian Epic
April 2012. Independence of the Seas
Oct 2012. Adventure of the Seas
May 2013. Independence of the Seas
Sept 2013. Independence of the Seas
Oct 2014 Independence of the Seas
April 2015 Britannia

2,109 Posts
Joined Dec 2011
I know I'm usually snoring by now carol but just lately I can't sleep just can't turn my brain off it just goes round and round. I'm not that bothered that mo left either Loraine and she didn't say much in her interview with the lads.

You girls are going to think I'm a bit of a bar humbug but I don't put up a tree or any decorations since I live on my own and am not fussed about it also I'm not going to be home over Xmas either. Anyway I'll try and get some sleep soon if I can x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Independence of the seas 22nd April 2012 crazy cruisers gang
Independence of the seas 21st September 2013 Crazy cruisers Reunion
Celebrity Equinox 8th May 2014
P&O Aurora Mini Cruise 7th May 2015 (Girly Booze Cruise)
P&O Azura 15th August Fjords
1,557 Posts
Joined Feb 2012
Good morning everyone.
Hope you managed to get some sleep Sam.
Well I have lots of chores to do this morning and have already made a start since I've been up since 7am.
Hoping to watch a nice film this afternoon.
What's everyone else up to?
Back later.
Loraine xx
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

5,762 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Good morning

Sam do you read books as I always read in bed before falling asleep. I think it helps to settle me down for sleep.

We are going out soon as we have a few things to do then later I will finish the tree.

Have a good day everyone

Carol xx
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Oct 2011. Norwegian Epic
April 2015 Britannia

5,136 Posts
Joined May 2006
Hi girls

I don't think I'm sickening for anything Carol, I think I was just tired - but as I fell asleep in front of the tv by the time I got to bed I couldn't sleep, I was still awake at gone 2 .

Loraine, hopefully your dad will get his appointment for the mri scan soon otherwise he may have to cancel the appointment to discuss the results!! I's all back to front isn't it. I know that no procedure is nice but is he particularly worried about the outcome?

I don't think you're "bah humbug" Sam, I can understand why you wouldn't bother with a tree or decorations but I hope you put your Christmas cards on display- that would brighten things up nicely and be quite festive without you having the bother and expense of everything else . Anyway it's certainly more sensible than getting up in the middle of the night to decorate the tree ........Carol what are you like lol.

Jasmine, I'm not sure I'm convinced by your you/us/we/me excuse but you certainly get a star for effort lol. You must be getting really excited now - have they upgraded you to the P&O version of the Presidential Suite yet?

Linda, I hope Adam's feeling better now and can get back to school. There's so much going on in the lead up to Christmas that it's a shame for him to miss out on it.

I posted all the Christmas cards today so if anybody's hasn't arrived in the next week (I'm so mean I only use 2nd class stamps at Christmas lol) then let me know. After the fiasco with Linda's birthday card I took all my cards to the post office and got them to check one to make sure there was sufficient postage - she checked and assured me it was ok so there shouldn't be any problems this time lol.

I hope you're less sore today Chrissy.

Gill xx

Gill xx
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Ventura - April 2017 - Greek Islands
Oceana - December 2016 Med and Casablanca
Independence of the Seas August 2016 - Spain and Portugal
VenturaJuly 2016 Greek Islands
Ovation of the Seas April 2016 - France and Spain
Oceana - December 2015 - Med and Casablanca Arcadia - August 2015 - Turkey and Greece
Explorer of the Seas - Western Med - July 2015, Britannia Western Med April 2015Queen Mary II - Transatlantic - November 2014 Independence of the Seas - Transatlantic & Caribbean November 2014 Independence of the Seas - Canaries - October 2014 Celebrity Eclipse - August 2014 Independence of the Seas Spanish Beaches - September 2013[Azura - July 2013 Eastern Med [/color]Independence of the Seas - May 2013 NorwayArcadia 2012 - Eastern Med Independence of the Seas August 2012-Italian Med Jewel of the Seas July 2012-Baltic and St Petersburg Independence of the Seas April 2012 Queen Elizabeth October 2011 - Egypt Independence of the Seas August 2011-It Med Crown Princess June 2011 - Britain and Iceland Independence of the Seas March 2011 - Canaries Queen Victoria December 2010 Azura July 2010 - Central Med Independence of the Seas August 2008 Legend of the Seas August 2006 Ocean Village August 2005
5,762 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
SNAP again Gill lol I posted my cards this morning with 2nd class stamps at the post office because I had a couple of things that needed to be weighed. Now that the cards are sorted I will get the inside decorations put up and then I can start wrapping presents. Normally I don't wrap presents until the last minute but because of not being able to bend forward after the 16th I need to get them done soon.

Sam I wish you lived near me as I have a lovely little tree, its only about 3 ft that we got one time for our conservatory and don't use now and I could have called round to yours and put it up. As Gill said though, make sure you display your cards by setting them around or even put up a little string of them and that will look nice for you.

Gill I did not get up in the middle of the night to decorate the tree lol it was just after midnight

Chrissy have you given up completely on the cruise or are you going to wait a few months. Its hard to give up on something that you have been thinking about but do they have that cruise in March say, things should be more settled with you by then. I told Billy about how much they were going to charge you for insurance for the cruise and he said if you really want to go you should just pay it and go and not waste the opportunity. We tend to think like that in our house

Time for a cuppa

Carol xx
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Oct 2011. Norwegian Epic
April 2015 Britannia

5,136 Posts
Joined May 2006
Ok Carol, it may not have been the middle of the night but you did get out of bed and go and put decorations on the tree then went back to bed and it was during the night............that's still pretty weird lol , still if you haven't got a handy Promenade Café for some late night furniture re-arranging then you have to make the most of what you've got lol. I suppose you're back to not talking to me again now

Sam and Carol (although I might have seen this on facebook and not on here ), I disagree with you about Amy, I don't think she was lying although she may have been confused about who said what - remember before the Alphonso chat all the boys had commented on how bitchy the girls were getting and they all talked to Amy about it because they felt so sorry for her, I think it may have been when Joey and Kian were off being saviours before she joined them. Lucy can deny it all she wants but her, Matthew and Mo were the prime instigators and were always going off and talking/moaning/bitching about her to anybody who would listen. She's still not my favourite person but I really want Lucy and Matthew to go before her, they wouldn't like that one little bit lol. Is it on tonight or have we got football again

Gill xx

Gill
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Oceana - December 2015 - Med and Casablanca Arcadia - August 2015 - Turkey and Greece
Explorer of the Seas - Western Med - July 2015, Britannia Western Med April 2015Queen Mary II - Transatlantic - November 2014 Independence of the Seas - Transatlantic & Caribbean November 2014 Independence of the Seas - Canaries - October 2014 Celebrity Eclipse - August 2014 Independence of the Seas Spanish Beaches - September 2013[Azura - July 2013 Eastern Med [/color]Independence of the Seas - May 2013 NorwayArcadia 2012 - Eastern Med Independence of the Seas August 2012-Italian Med Jewel of the Seas July 2012-Baltic and St Petersburg Independence of the Seas April 2012 Queen Elizabeth October 2011 - Egypt Independence of the Seas August 2011-It Med Crown Princess June 2011 - Britain and Iceland Independence of the Seas March 2011 - Canaries Queen Victoria December 2010 Azura July 2010 - Central Med Independence of the Seas August 2008 Legend of the Seas August 2006 Ocean Village August 2005
5,762 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Your right Gill, I'm not talking to you again.

Where is everyone today, I need help as Gill is picking on me again

Carol xx
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Oct 2011. Norwegian Epic
April 2015 Britannia

2,109 Posts
Joined Dec 2011
Hi girls I'm a celeb is on tonight gill 8:30pm so no football tonight . I think any prob did get confused but I still don't like her either she still had no right to say that Alfonso said that when he didn't tho. X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Independence of the seas 22nd April 2012 crazy cruisers gang
Independence of the seas 21st September 2013 Crazy cruisers Reunion
Celebrity Equinox 8th May 2014
P&O Aurora Mini Cruise 7th May 2015 (Girly Booze Cruise)
P&O Azura 15th August Fjords
1,557 Posts
Joined Feb 2012
Just about to put the tea out (steak and ale pie I've made) be back later.

Where's Linda today?

Gill and Carol....play nicely lol

Loraine xx
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

5,136 Posts
Joined May 2006
Carol, the only people who will be agreeing with you are the ones that think getting out of bed to put a few decorations on the tree because it looks sad without any is normal behaviour..............and nobody is going to admit to that lol. Just out of interest what does Billy think? Though after forty something years he's probably used to "unusual" behaviour , he probably spends his whole life frightened of what you'll do next, but you do keep him (and us) amused ........but if we lived closer you could have texted me and I'd have come and joined you

Jasmine, when Carol was still speaking to me we were chatting on Facebook and I wondered if all your bookings for the cruise are linked? If so do you think the person who your mil spoke (or ranted) to then upgraded you (again) and your mum just to wind her up - it's a nice thought isn't it lol.

Gill xx
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

5,136 Posts
Joined May 2006
Originally posted by Lyndhurst2012
Just about to put the tea out (steak and ale pie I've made) be back later.

Where's Linda today?

Gill and Carol....play nicely lol

Loraine xx
That wouldn't be as much fun would it , but I notice you didn't agree with Carol.

Gill xx
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

5,762 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Loraine didn't agree with Gill either

Sam when Amy told those lies about Alfonso last night I went right off her.

It's really easy to go off people , isn't it Gill

Carol xx
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Oct 2011. Norwegian Epic
April 2015 Britannia

La La Land .
5,173 Posts
Joined Jun 2010
I am going to sit on the fence I agree with EVERYONE lol , I am glad Mo went , she was bitchy , Lucy is bitchy and Mathew is Bitchy , Rebecca just seems to go with the flow , the only ones that I like are Jiey , Kian and Steve , David and Vincent are ok too , there that's my opinion lol.

Adam is fine now and was back to school today, I go back home tomorrow and then I have Freddie at mine on Friday night , it's all go .

Sam you are not miserable just because you don't put a tree up , I don't blame you , if it wasn't for the fact that the boys sometimes come round I probably wouldn't bother either ( bah humbug lol )

Carol Gill woukd not be Gill if she didn't pick on you and besides while she is picking on you she is leaving me alone

Linda x
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
June....2010 ....Navigator Of The Seas
Sep ....2010 ....Freedom Of The Seas
April....2011 ....Liberty Of The Seas
May ....2011 ....Ventura
July ....2011 ....Liberty Of The Seas
April....2012 ....Independence Of The Seas
Sep ....2012 ....Mariner Of The Seas
Sep ....2013 ....Independence Of The Seas
5,762 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
That was the funniest trial I've ever seen. 2 out tonight, can't wait to see who they are

Carol xx
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Oct 2011. Norwegian Epic
April 2015 Britannia

1,264 Posts
Joined Feb 2013
Good evening,
Have finally sat down for a couple of pieces of toast for my dinner, I don't know where today has gone to! I am only in work til lunchtime tomorrow and then I have an afternoon of baking for our charity big bake in work on Thursday. Poor Simon hasn't got back from work yet, he had a late meeting. He could be a bit grumpy after a 15 hour day!

I think we are both really looking forward to our little cruise now, especial now we are being even more spoilt with the upgrade. Gill, I think maybe you're right, our bookings are all linked so maybe after Simons Mum annoyed them they upgraded us just to spite her. Or maybe the finger crossing for an upgrade for my mum paid off.

Do we have a separate check in for mini suites? I know we did with celebrity but we had just a standard cabin when we went with P&O last time and I can't remember. Im wondering if us keeping the most recent upgrade a secret from my mother in law may go out of the window at check in if we join a different queue!

I took my christmas cards to post tonight and they didn't fit in the little post box out the front so I will have to pop them into town tomorrow. Im tight too and only send second class!

Carol, I have to agree with Gill that getting out of bed to pop a couple of decorations on the tree is a little bizarre. We are also struggling with sleeping in our house so could have joined the other volunteers to come and help out during the night. I think we finally nodded off about 2.30am and the 6.30am alarm went off far too quickly after that! I think I've survived today on about 3 cans of full fat coke! God know what Simon is surviving on.

Sam, I told my Nan off at the weekend for being a scrooge and not putting her tree up just because she's not at home over christmas, so I bought her some new decorations, and now she feels forced to put the tree up ha ha

I will try to pop on over the next couple of days but things are a bit hectic, with baking, working late Thursday, going for dinner with my Auntie in Ludlow on Friday night, a funeral Saturday, then over to deliver christmas presents in Wolverhampton on Sunday, then I really must get organised for holiday next week-YAY!!!!! But I will of course find time to pop on

Night all

Jasmine xx
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
SAILED:
April 2007 Sydney to L.A. Sapphire Princess
Sept 2009 Norwegian Fjords P&O Oceana
May 2010 Baltics Celebrity Eclipse
April 2012 Canaries RCI Independence of the Seas
Dec 2013 Bruges Christmas Markets P&O Aurora
Aug 2015 Mediterranean P&O Britannia
April 2016 Netherlands Mini Cruise Pre Inaugural RCI Ovation of the Seas
July 2016 Iberia Coast P&O Britannia
5,762 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
I don't understand why everyone thinks its so unusual to put a few decorations on the tree at midnight. What is wrong with that, huh???

Jasmine sounds like your in for a busy few days and you really need your sleep, I wouldn't be surprised if you have lots of things whirring around your head as you have so much on. I can't believe your cruising NEXT WEEK, doesn't it come round quickly at the end. When do we do the single digit dance?

I cannot believe that glum faced Lucy is still in the jungle, she was awful when everyone else was doing the dance. I love little Vincent, sorry he's gone

Carol xx
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Oct 2011. Norwegian Epic
April 2015 Britannia

1,557 Posts
Joined Feb 2012
Originally posted by Gilpet
Loraine, hopefully your dad will get his appointment for the mri scan soon otherwise he may have to cancel the appointment to discuss the results!! I's all back to front isn't it. I know that no procedure is nice but is he particularly worried about the outcome?

Gill xx
He has had more operations than anyone I know and always tackles them head on even though he has had lots of complications

Originally posted by Gilpet
That wouldn't be as much fun would it , but I notice you didn't agree with Carol.

Gill xx
I'm on the fence with Linda, it's safer there lol

Loraine xx
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

1,557 Posts
Joined Feb 2012
Originally posted by Lottycruiser

Carol Gill woukd not be Gill if she didn't pick on you and besides while she is picking on you she is leaving me alone

Linda x
Too right!
Loraine xx
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature