Liberty of the Seas, Oct 29 Halloween Yipppee

rp23g7

We fly into Houston a day ahead (coming from Canada) and rent a car, driving to Galveston and staying overnight. We then park at EZ Cruise Parking, which is a couple of blocks from the port. They do have a free shuttle between the lot and the pier and we have never waited more than 20 minutes for the shuttle once off the ship. Then back to Houston and drop off the car.

Because it's about 60 miles from airport to port, and a pretty easy freeway drive, we prefer the cost of the rental and parking.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hey everyone, just booked Liberty out of Galvaston on Oct 29.

Never been to Galveston, is the closest airport Houston? And what is the best way to get to the Port?

Closest airport code is HOU, for Houston Hobby. Southwest has many flight options to this airport.

Edited by clarea

We fly into Houston a day ahead (coming from Canada) and rent a car, driving to Galveston and staying overnight. We then park at EZ Cruise Parking, which is a couple of blocks from the port. They do have a free shuttle between the lot and the pier and we have never waited more than 20 minutes for the shuttle once off the ship. Then back to Houston and drop off the car.

Because it's about 60 miles from airport to port, and a pretty easy freeway drive, we prefer the cost of the rental and parking.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are trying to figure this out too. We are from Beaumont Alberta! Do you mind me asking how much the rental and parking cost you . It seems like I can't find anything cheaper than about 200 for the four of us.

We will be flying in from So Calif, to IAH, then rent a car and have reservations at the EZ parking lot for our July 2nd cruise. We will go as far as the NASA Space Center and take the Tour on July 1st and spend one additional night then drive to the EZ Lot that morning. Parking outside was $54.95 for the week.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
We are going to be on this cruise as well...it is supposed to be great time on Halloween is what we were told by other people that had done it.

We have been on 2 cruises on Halloween, and one that got back to Miami on Halloween and another that got back to Miami on the last day of Fantasy Fest, we drove to Key West after for the parade. You cant unsee some things in life. Be sure to remember some kind of costume stuff

Hey everyone, just booked Liberty out of Galvaston on Oct 29.

Never been to Galveston, is the closest airport Houston? And what is the best way to get to the Port?

Houston has two airports. Hobby is south of Houston and thus closest to the port. Bush is north of Houston and thus further from the port. There is no "best" way to get to the port. Every option is expensive. However, both times I have done it, I used a limo because it is the same price as a taxi (a taxi charges by the distance and a limo charges by the time) and much more comfortable. Also, the limo drivers tend to be a little more professional.

Southwest flies into Hobby. The other airlines fly into Bush.

• 4 months later...
We have been on 2 cruises on Halloween, and one that got back to Miami on Halloween and another that got back to Miami on the last day of Fantasy Fest, we drove to Key West after for the parade. You cant unsee some things in life. Be sure to remember some kind of costume stuff

We are going on the same cruise with our family. Shoot me an email if you're coming in on a Saturday. I may be able to assist you if you don't have plans on getting to Galveston yet.

RP - we have a roll call going. Come by and say hello. Our gang of 6 will be dressing up for Halloween.

As others have said, try to fly into Houston Hobby if possible. It's closer than IAH. Galveston Limo seems to get good reports for shuttle transfers. I'd advise flying in the day before and don't book before 12 noon on your return.

We used Galveston Park and Cruise inside for $28 a day with a coupon I found on line. It's a great location as you can walk across the street from the terminal. We left our cabin at 7:30 AM and were on the road at 8:20 AM.

Two other times we flew to HOU and got a car service to the hotel and then used ships shuttle back. Once on the island we used a taxi. There is no easy or cheap way to get to/from airport/port. Also doing a one way car rental can be problematic as most rental agencies on the island are closed on Sunday, making it hard to turn the car in.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
We are trying to figure this out too. We are from Beaumont Alberta! Do you mind me asking how much the rental and parking cost you . It seems like I can't find anything cheaper than about 200 for the four of us.

HI were from Edmonton and doing Liberty in Feb, booked Galveston Limo round trip from IAH for 2 for 100 will just have to shuttle from hotel to terminal.

Going on LOS in November...enjoy your cruise! Had to say hi since we lived in Leduc for about 6 years....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums