I thought the Guys Burger Joint affection was overblown I was wrong

jjennings1990

I'm a burger fanatic, I definitely would say burgers are one of if not my most favorite type of food . I went to the bahamas at the start of this year but somehow completely missed Guys Burger joint on the Valor .

My sisters rant and raved about it but I know they don't love burgers like I do so I was skeptical, then I came to these forums and sure enough Guys Burger joint gets lots of call outs but again me being the burger aficionado I consider myself to be I didn't believe for a second it could be as good as everyone had hyped it up to be.

I've just gotten back from the Imagination today but the first think I did when I got on board the ship was to get a drink and to get a Guys burger.... with the donkey sauce, a heap of mushrooms and a shower of bacon on top of it . That first bite took me somewhere special , I enjoyed it so much I went right back into the large line to get yet another burger and I think I had at least 2 more over the next 4 days ( there's so much food everywhere on the ship that eating the same thing 4 times to me is the equivalent to offering a culinary high honor).

It was a great burger, the fries were pretty good too and I too am now a Guys Burger Joint Convert.

Husband eats here several times during our cruise. I will have a burger usually once. They are very good.

I will say though... I personally love to sneak over to their toppings bar just to grab some of those yummy sauteed mushrooms and onion to eat as a veggie side with my buffet choices. ;):halo:

Burgers are like pizza... like all food, really, some will love Guys and some will not. I think all the comments on Guy's burgers on CC, positive and negative, bears that out. Me, I like the GF burgers AND the Pizza Pirate pizza. Others not so much it seems. It's all in what we are familiar with and have enjoyed in the past. I do like Guy's a lot. I'm not sure I'd say they are the best I've had, but they are close enough. I've seen others claim them to be "gross." I'm not sure I get that, unless one prefers a fast food type burger. It's possible they just got a bad burger, I guess.

Haven't had an opportunity for a Guy's burger yet. Sailing on the Elation next month and will try one then.

What makes it so special? Good meat? Cooked properly? Toppings?

I don’t think it’s that the burgers are all that amazing but when you go from elementary school cafeteria burger to one that is similar to five guys/smash burger people are going to go crazy. So, good job on carnival for upgrading this area of food.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

One of the good things that will come out of our Fascination cruise being cancelled, our rebooked cruise is after dry dock and we will get to have Guy's. I wouldn't quite call them the best I ever had but I sure do enjoy them when we cruise.

Love me a Guy's burger! We find the food on Carnival to be 90% inedible, but we do enjoy Guy's!

90% inedible?? REALLY glad I haven't been on the same cruises as y'all have. There have been some exceptions, but overall we've always found Carnival's food to be pretty dang good.

Haven't had an opportunity for a Guy's burger yet. Sailing on the Elation next month and will try one then.

What makes it so special? Good meat? Cooked properly? Toppings?

It was cooked really well , I often times hate when people mention that meat that is cooked well " melts in your mouth" ... that was until I had meat that was cooked properly and it essentially melted in my mouth . Guys burgers are seasoned well , the donkey sauce provides a great kick , but at it's base it's just a great burger cooked well . They gave me a pretty basic burger unless I special requested something with donkey sauce or Lettuce, Tomatoes, Pickles, and onions but without a good patty nothing else matters right ? From the burger dispensary you go to the toppings bar where like me you can bathe it in mushrooms or whatever toppings you like .