Plug adaptor for bathroom

susan bt

Sailing in HOTS in Dec.

Is there a plug adaptor for the bathroom plug that i can purchase ? I need to plug in a dental waterpic. On our last cruise on HOTS our room steward brought me a 25ft orange extension cord. :D :D

I appreciated it and used it the whole cruise, but there is certainly a better option. :p

Sailing in HOTS in Dec.

Is there a plug adaptor for the bathroom plug that i can purchase ? I need to plug in a dental waterpic. On our last cruise on HOTS our room steward brought me a 25ft orange extension cord. :D :D

I appreciated it and used it the whole cruise, but there is certainly a better option. :p

The socket in the bathroom is a combo US/Euro socket.

As already stated, the bathroom outlet is for electric shavers only. Any other use would most likely trip the circuit, as electric shavers use very low amperage

I would recommend that you bring your own extension cord, as cruise ships have only a limited number of them.

As already stated, the bathroom outlet is for electric shavers only. Any other use would most likely trip the circuit, as electric shavers use very low amperage

I would recommend that you bring your own extension cord, as cruise ships have only a limited number of them.

Bringing your own extension cord will most likely be confiscated at check in and returned at the end of the cruise.

As already stated, the bathroom outlet is for electric shavers only. Any other use would most likely trip the circuit, as electric shavers use very low amperage ... .

I'd be surprised if the power requirements for the water pic are much different than an electric shaver.

FWIW my husband always struggles with getting his waterpic near the sink. He plugged it into the bathroom outlet once and the waterpic worked for a few seconds and then started smoking! Needless to say, he ruined his appliance. Now we bring a power strip with a long cord and between that and the cord on the WP, it just barely reaches!

FWIW my husband always struggles with getting his waterpic near the sink. He plugged it into the bathroom outlet once and the waterpic worked for a few seconds and then started smoking! Needless to say, he ruined his appliance. Now we bring a power strip with a long cord and between that and the cord on the WP, it just barely reaches!

Sounds like a US power waterpic was plugged into the Euro 220V using an adapter, rather than using the US part of the plug.

Bringing your own extension cord will most likely be confiscated at check in and returned at the end of the cruise.

Never confiscated for us. My wife has a extension cord packed in with her CPAP machine.

Sincerely wondering if you would consider not bringing the Water Pik this trip? I see the cruise is 7 nights, perhaps plus a few travel days (not sure). Given the information in the replies, would you leave it at home this time, in favor of a non-electrical method?

As well, I see cordless models are also available.

I have always brought along an extension cord, traveled with CPAP too. Never been confiscated either. I always arrange with special needs dept for one of their extension cords, but sometimes it's not available.

I have always brought along an extension cord, traveled with CPAP too. Never been confiscated either. I always arrange with special needs dept for one of their extension cords, but sometimes it's not available.

We also make the request for distilled water and an extension cord through special needs department for my wife’s CPAP. We always got the distilled water, but on one cruise our stateroom attendant was unable to find an extension cord until day 3. Sure glad we had an extension cord packed with the CPAP.

You have probably just been lucky - or perhaps if packed with CPAP they didn't see it. Extension cords are usually confiscated. It's recommended to contact special needs if you need one for CPAP.

On Oct 28th, we will be on the Grandeur with a CPAP and extension cord. Hopefully my luck will hold out. I will let you know if the extension cord gets confiscated.

You have probably just been lucky - or perhaps if packed with CPAP they didn't see it. Extension cords are usually confiscated. It's recommended to contact special needs if you need one for CPAP.

I have always heard that extenion cords and power strips WITHOUT surge suppression are allowed.

Had no issue with a non-surge suppressed power strip in August.