TCM cruise

nittany68

Any idea when it is or if it already occurred, I could get interested in that, love old movies. They are doing Charles Dickens movies tonight...

The Turner Classic Movies cruise was a 4-night charter r/t from Miami to Key West and Cozumel that began Dec. 8th and ended today.

Here are some pictures of the posters going up around the pool deck as I was disembarking on the 8th;

c6e4ebb7-a98c-bb92.jpg

c6e4ebb7-a9ae-1c5d.jpg

c6e4ebb7-a9c3-9eff.jpg

c6e4ebb7-a9d7-1c8d.jpg

c6e4ebb7-a9ed-91ea.jpg

Had such an amazing time. The Millennium is definitely in need of an overall and the food was not that great (outside the Main Dining Room and Specialty Olympic Restaurant). HOWEVER, that was more than compensated for with the opportunity to meet Robert Osborn, Ben Mankiewicz, Ernest Borgnine, Tippi Hedren, Eva Marie Saint, and Norman Jewison. They even had a couple from Dancing with the Stars to give a dance lesson and the TV game host Wink Martindale to emcee the trivia games. Just the chance to see Casablanca in a real theater on a big screen was worth the price of admission!

Oh this cruise sounds wonderful. Had we known about it, we probably would have gone.

Just the chance to see Casablanca in a real theater on a big screen was worth the price of admission!

That is a dream we have always had. Lucky you! We love the old movies.

• 5 months later...

we went on the TCM cruise last December (2011) It was really great . The group that puts on the cruise (Sixthman) is a group of young energetic people that are very organized and try to make each experience as terrific as possible. It was their first time for the TCM cruise and ther were a few unexpected kinks, most notably the overwhelming response to the Q&A sessions with Robert Osbourne and Ernest Borgnine. They rallied and made sure there was another session in a much larger venue later in the cruise. We had surveys to fill out after the cruise and I can see by the plans for the next one in Jan 2013 that they took the criticisms to heart and made the cruise longer and added things people seemed to want. I am sure anyone that loves TCM will have a great time:o

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

[Thanks for the info. I would appreciate anything you can share about your experience.

quote=ottogranny;34097775]we went on the TCM cruise last December (2011) It was really great . The group that puts on the cruise (Sixthman) is a group of young energetic people that are very organized and try to make each experience as terrific as possible. It was their first time for the TCM cruise and ther were a few unexpected kinks, most notably the overwhelming response to the Q&A sessions with Robert Osbourne and Ernest Borgnine. They rallied and made sure there was another session in a much larger venue later in the cruise. We had surveys to fill out after the cruise and I can see by the plans for the next one in Jan 2013 that they took the criticisms to heart and made the cruise longer and added things people seemed to want. I am sure anyone that loves TCM will have a great time:o

So are you saying that the whole ship is for TCM ? I thought just a few hundred rooms like a group, but the whole ship!WOW that is great!!!

It's sold out. Sounds like fun for a big movie buff. I think I'd really enjoy it. My husband would probably jump overboard!!!

Elizabeth

Embarrassed to admit that I opened this thread thinking it was entitled TOM Cruise

rather than TCM Cruise. Had to check out if it was a sighting or some kind of an

actual "celebrity" cruise. Would be spooky either way.

Will make an appt with the ophthamologist tomorrow.

• 5 months later...

We went to the TCM Cruise 2013. We had a great time..loved it!! The movies were the best. I can't say too much for the stars never seen them only when they were being introduced for about an hour or so. We weren't there for the stars though. The bands and DJ were really good. The food delicious. The Constellation is a very beautiful ship and its big. No need to contract any other ship it was perfect. The ports were beautiful. The tours were great; but too many seniors that needed a private nurse and a wheelchair or one that had a motor. We are very fit 55 and over seniors and it was sad to see so many having a hard time. Would we go again? It all depends on where their going. The cruisers were very nice and the staff on the ship were great. Overall, we had a beautiful time our room was fantastic. A dream come true for me. Forever a Cruiser.

Archived