Live from Whisper Montreal to New York

dusababy

Whisper halted by storm in Halifax:

We docked here yesterday (Sunday) morning for a scheduled stop with a 4.00 pm departure time. Due to storm this has now been extended to Tuesday morning at a departure time still TBC.

This means we miss calls at Portland, Boston and Newport and will sail directly to NYC where we ‘may’ arrive on Wednesday afternoon, slightly ahead of our planned Thursday morning arrival and conclusion of this cruise.

However, this is of little if any benefit as the Cruise Director has already advised us there will be no Customs, hence no disembarkation till Thursday morning.

Blimey. I'd better add some sea sickness tablets to the packing list. Sorry to hear that you are being curtailed in this way.

Rp

Last night after a memorable La Terrazza dinner we came upon a letter in our suite. Silversea very generously IMO extended a $1000 per cabin future cruise credit and free internet through the NY arrival- for something out of their control.

I am very pleased and grateful that we were - and still are now- safely docked in Halifax. We should be backing away soon and head to NY.

We will see cruise consultant Isabella later and I have already priced with my UK TA a wonderful expedition cruise on the “new” Cloud for 2019. Great!

Happy and healthy sailing!

Spoke to Vickie this morning and she will be on board until leaving for the Muse - January and February.

We are finally underway fr ***** Halifax. In safe harbor for two days due to heavy storms at sea. Scheduled to leave at 5 AM today but were delayed until 10:30 due to port traffic - lots of tonnage tied up in a safe harbor. Captain says we will be in heavy seas for the first 10 hours en route non stop to New York -- skipping Portland, Boston, Newport -- disappointing to many. Better safe than broken hips and glassware.

Silversea has been professionally reactive in dealing with an unfortunate weather experience. We've had fabulous entertainment -- the Voices are best I've seen on Silversea -- we've had professional ballet -- beautiful! Food and service are up to the usual high standards -- suite attendants are as good as they get. No complaints from me !!! Will be sorry to see it end - for now !

We are happy to say that we will be seeing Vicky again on the Muse 1/3/18. At least Markham did say the food was better here than on the Seaboure. Having tough time spending OBC since many tours canceled. They are down to 1 bottle of dom, but quite a few Crystals left. Agree with Dusa re sorry m&m.

Last night after a memorable La Terrazza dinner we came upon a letter in our suite. Silversea very generously IMO extended a $1000 per cabin future cruise credit and free internet through the NY arrival- for something out of their control.

IMHO this is a classy gesture by Silversea -- esp. for weather issues that are wholly out of their control. I have had two significant itinerary changes this year on another luxury line which were wholly under their control. (Not talking here about hurricane damage, etc.) Nothing has been offered by way of compensation for either incident.

I am very pleased and grateful that we were - and still are now- safely docked in Halifax. We should be backing away soon and head to NY.

We will see cruise consultant Isabella later and I have already priced with my UK TA a wonderful expedition cruise on the “new” Cloud for 2019. Great!

If you like the Whisper, then I believe you will really like the Cloud. We haven't sailed on it yet, but have sailed on it's sister, the Wind. The suites are a little smaller, but well designed. Very intimate, much like the Seabourn little sisters.

Just back from lunch. Being a desert person, the pumpkin pie was super as was a coconut pie requested earlier. Also requested dark chocolate covered nuts were tasty. The pistachio ice cream with chocolate sauce is also a favorite.

Spoke to Vickie this morning and she will be on board until leaving for the Muse - January and February.

We are finally underway fr ***** Halifax. In safe harbor for two days due to heavy storms at sea. Scheduled to leave at 5 AM today but were delayed until 10:30 due to port traffic - lots of tonnage tied up in a safe harbor. Captain says we will be in heavy seas for the first 10 hours en route non stop to New York -- skipping Portland, Boston, Newport -- disappointing to many. Better safe than broken hips and glassware.

Silversea has been professionally reactive in dealing with an unfortunate weather experience. We've had fabulous entertainment -- the Voices are best I've seen on Silversea -- we've had professional ballet -- beautiful! Food and service are up to the usual high standards -- suite attendants are as good as they get. No complaints from me !!! Will be sorry to see it end - for now !

Thanks for the heads up on Vicki, we'll look forward to seeing her at Christmas.

MM

Mary Ann, I have just picked up your thread. We arrived in New York yesterday ahead of our cruise on Whisper on Thursday - bad planning, you getting off as we get on! Good to know you are enjoying Whisper so much and so sorry not to be meeting up with you. Maggie x

Observer and DCCruiser 57,

Silversea’s future cruise credit helped seal the deal for us. We are booked via Isabel and our TA with a superb “new” Cloud’s Greenland/Canada cruise in Aug., 2019.

The onboard en suite video of the expedition alongside the itinerary Isabel printed out inclusive of the charter from/to Reykjavik put us over the top. And at this time it is a Venetian Society cruise which I view as an extra benefit.

When we get home we should have the $1000 voucher waiting for us. We will pass its details to our TA for processing and that will reduce the final balance due amount. We already paid the 25% due at booking and so we are all set!

Mary Ann, I have just picked up your thread. We arrived in New York yesterday ahead of our cruise on Whisper on Thursday - bad planning, you getting off as we get on! Good to know you are enjoying Whisper so much and so sorry not to be meeting up with you. Maggie x

MAGGIE !!! Greatly disappointed -- how can this happen so close and yet so far!

Our friends Susan and Paul Lempke are boarding NY to Barbados -- hope you can meet them. We see them in the desert and met on Spirit last year.

Have a wonderful cruise -- I know Michael will love it !:hearteyes:

Me -- :loudcry:

Walter:*

Well we hope we will be boarding tomorrow. First flight from London cancelled so after a bit of a mad dash across London, we are now waiting to board flight attempt no 2. And that after a systems computer failure at Heathrow which left me on one side of security and my husband on the other, unable to pass through. I then tried to cheer him up by saying worse things happen at sea. When he looked at me oddly, I realised that hadn't helped...

Rp

Observer and DCCruiser 57,

Silversea’s future cruise credit helped seal the deal for us. We are booked via Isabel and our TA with a superb “new” Cloud’s Greenland/Canada cruise in Aug., 2019.

The onboard en suite video of the expedition alongside the itinerary Isabel printed out inclusive of the charter from/to Reykjavik put us over the top. And at this time it is a Venetian Society cruise which I view as an extra benefit.

When we get home we should have the $1000 voucher waiting for us. We will pass its details to our TA for processing and that will reduce the final balance due amount. We already paid the 25% due at booking and so we are all set!

Markham - excellent news. Sounds like you SS has been a good experience for you. Really looking forward to your review given the extensive experience you have with Seabourn. We have been disappointed with the direction Seabourn is heading (no MDR lunch on port days, very limited menu in MDR on sea days, the reduction of public space on the new ships, etc, and we are NOT big fans of TK). Thus, SS is our line of preference these days.

Hopefully, Isabel also gave the 5% discount for an on board booking. Are you doing voyages 1918/19 or 1919/20? We are looking at voyages 1921/22 for 2019. Have a safe trip home.

Yes, Isabel gave the 5% onboard booking bonus. So we are all set. It’s for the Aug., 2019 Cloud cruise.

Ps- I am not a fan of Seabourn Encore for reasons that may differ from many others’ reasons. Namely, in terms of the Odyssey class ships there is less deck space per passenger and the MDR feels and is more crowded. And don’t get me started on the waste of space and damage to the Seabourn brand that I believe the Retreat of Encore causes. And so since I have a choice, I will choose the Odyssey class ships with 450 pax over a 600 pax ship anytime.

Yes, Isabel gave the 5% onboard booking bonus. So we are all set. It’s for the Aug., 2019 Cloud cruise.

Ps- I am not a fan of Seabourn Encore for reasons that may differ from many others’ reasons. Namely, in terms of the Odyssey class ships there is less deck space per passenger and the MDR feels and is more crowded. And don’t get me started on the waste of space and damage to the Seabourn brand that I believe the Retreat of Encore causes. And so since I have a choice, I will choose the Odyssey class ships with 450 pax over a 600 pax ship anytime.

We concur, although we now much prefer the Whisper/Wind over the Odyssey class ships. We have no desire to sail on the Encore/Ovation for obvious reasons. We are looking forward to trying the new SS Spirit after it's been stretched and also the Muse, especially since they have revamped the dining rooms and associated procedures. One would think that Seabourn/SS would get input from long time guests in designing new ships (like larger showers, USB port and electrical outlets, types and placement of furniture, etc. I could go on and on and on.....)

Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

PS - as you cruise more with SS, they have some nice benefits such as free laundry after 100 days along with an additional 5% discounts. That said Seabourn probably has the best past passenger program in the industry.

Dusa,

My girls and I loved Miss Vicky. See if she remembers “The Whisper Sisters with Terry, starring Andrew”. This was such fun, (and a winning team) mostly because of having my daughters and niece with me. With two new friends we laughed our heads off. Please say hi to Oliver whom I have missed seeing for almost 2 years. So many wonderful SS friends...and thanks to the line I met YOU! Hugs to W. XO, Pash

Looking forward to the next generation Whisper Sisters, starring Terry, on the Wind! We are so fortunate to be able to visit the Whisper in Barbados next month, can’t wait to see all of our favourite people [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums