Drawer and closet space on Viking Ocean ships?

YWW

Here is the link to the post with the pictures (it gives dimensions) and the pictures themselves:

fca454ab88bbf88eabe5add75abb8976.jpg

0e81e57f8e7563d1e6138365fbe409ac.jpg

So they put all 4 drawers in the side without the nightstand in front of it. Makes sense if you want them to open and then they raised the hanging rod and eliminated the shelf on that side. On the other side there was a shelf but this appears to be deeper. So the original type shelf is gone completely from what I'm seeing---but I could be wrong. It was all concept before but as the say 'one picture is worth a thousand words'.

I was working from my desktop, so it was much easier to do. I have no idea how to do it from my phone and not sure I want to learn.

Depending on your phone, you can attach a photo stored on your phone by pressing the icon that looks like a mountain. I've outlined it in red. If you want to do it from a photo taken right then, then press the camera icon (outlined in blue), shoot the pic, and it gets added to your post. As I've found, it chops the resolution down pretty badly tho especially if you took the pic with a "full size" camera and transfered it your phone to post. Which may be a good argument for uploading from your Desktop, which doesn't impose the resolution (file size) limit.

f5a961d31f1637bb3eb8fd8682576fa0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We're currently on the Sky, and in our opinion, there is not sufficient storage space for a two week cruise. The top "drawer" in the 4 drawer picture houses your safe, so that's not storage. We're using the bathroom shelves and drawers for storage, and Instill have things on the floor of the closet and in my nightstand.

Probably fine for 7 nights, but not for 14.

We're currently on the Sky, and in our opinion, there is not sufficient storage space for a two week cruise. The top "drawer" in the 4 drawer picture houses your safe, so that's not storage. We're using the bathroom shelves and drawers for storage, and Instill have things on the floor of the closet and in my nightstand.

So next time don't pack for 2 weeks. Pack for one and take advantage of the free (detergent provided) laundromat on each deck. There are also 2 wall mounted ironing boards.

Not sure what all you are bringing and how much your luggage weighs but we traveled w/2 suitcases(50 lbs. each), a carry on each and a personal item and we had room for the things we brought(V cabin). We came early and stayed later so we each did laundry once during the cruise. We knew what to expect and planned accordingly. I usually don't do laundry on vacation but then, I had never been on this long of a vacation before.

Depending on your phone, you can attach a photo stored on your phone by pressing the icon that looks like a mountain. I've outlined it in red. If you want to do it from a photo taken right then, then press the camera icon (outlined in blue), shoot the pic, and it gets added to your post. As I've found, it chops the resolution down pretty badly tho especially if you took the pic with a "full size" camera and transfered it your phone to post. Which may be a good argument for uploading from your Desktop, which doesn't impose the resolution (file size) limit.

f5a961d31f1637bb3eb8fd8682576fa0.jpg

Thank you! Good try at teaching this old dog new tricks but I even on my phone, I work from a browser and not an app. :evilsmile: LOL, I see you rolling your eye balls at me. I get the same look from my children. In any case, I actually did something similar from my desktop browser using the insertimage.gif (which I call a postage stamp) and the images in the original post. With mouse and a tabbed browser it didn't take me five minutes. But, enough of hijacking this post.

We have been on 3 Viking Ocean cruises. 2 in DV balcony and once in Penthouse verandah. Definitely more drawers and space in Penthouse verandah. Bathrooms exactly the same. Both adequate for us but if you don’t mind paying the extra then you will love the extra space in the penthouse balcony room. We are still trying to work out if it was worth it as we are choosing another cruise for next year

I do agree that the drawer space on the Sky was minimal. We were on for 3 weeks....in Barcelona we were in shorts and in Stockholm our plane had to be deiced. We packed as minimally as we could, but we had to have clothes for many climates. We did laundry a lot...at least 6 times. We put the coffee maker in the closet and used the shelves where the coffee maker was for our clothes. We also had our steward bring us a lot of hangars. We did fine, but I think that the extra drawers in the closet would be a big plus. We are very neat people and our desk, etc was always clear. The little drawer (makeup drawer) in the desk had partitions in it, but in order to get to the stuff in there your husband couldn't put anything on top of the desk so it was kind of a pain at times.