Dress code...day and night?

S&G@C

• 2 weeks later...

We will be boarding the ship at the end of May as guests, also. Dress codes in ports are like any other cruiseline. Depending on the country I am visiting I will wear pants or a skirt if it is warm and a sweater in case it gets chilly. As far as dress for dinner onboard, depending on which restaurant you goto anything from country club casual to what you would wear to an upscale restaurant. The only restaurant on board that has a dress code in Portraits and that is suit and tie for men and cocktail dress or pants for women. We have been guests on this ship 3 times and it is our favorite.

I personally think jeans, short shorts, hiking boots, etc. look out of place on board. Excursions are the same as the generally accepted cultural norm for the port but first you have to get through the ship which has a very stringent guideline as follows. This was sent to me before my last trip. Someone let me know if anything has officially changed.

Daytime until 7:00 PM

A dress code is strictly enforced on board the ship. Please make note of the following dress code requirements.

Resort Casual is appropriate attire in public areas, bars, and restaurants. While it is not formal wear, it does not include items such as cut-off shorts, shower shoes, bedroom slippers, tank tops, undershirts, robes or swimwear.

Swimwear is only permitted in the spa, at the pool and on the Marina Sports Deck. Swimwear must be worn with a cover-up of some sort when in transit to any of these locations and when dining at the Poolside Grill. Robes are not acceptable. If you are in transit to or from a location where swimwear is considered acceptable attire, you must travel via deck 7, so as to avoid all public areas of the ship where swimwear is not permitted.

In compliance with Public Health regulations, all passengers are required to wear footwear in all public areas with the exception of the pool and the Marina Sports Deck.

Evening 7:00 Pm and later

In public areas, bars, and restaurants (except Portraits, Fredy’s Deli and the Pool Bar/Grill), smart casual attire is acceptable. Gentlemen are required to wear jackets in East and encouraged to do so in Tides, Marina, Regatta Bar and Lobby Bar. Smart casual attire does not include shorts, t-shirts, jeans, robes, or athletic wear.

After 7:00 p.m., if you are in transit to or from the spa or the pool, you may use the private spa staircase and the mid-ship elevators.

Portraits: formal, elegant dinner suits or tuxedos only for gentlemen; cocktail or evening attire for ladies.

Fredy’s Deli and the Poolside Grill: resort casual attire is appropriate.

Dress Code for Children

Please note that dress codes apply to infants and children as well as adults.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived