NCL Pearl- Mini Suite 11516

Jen708

Hi everyone! I'm going on a cruise to Alaska this August and I have mini suite 11516 booked. My only true concern is the noise level, due to the fact that the room is directly below the fitness center and that it is located next to a set of stairs. I was wondering if there was anyone who has stayed stayed in a suite/mini suite on the Pearl below the gym or next to these stairs that could let me know their impression of the noise level. This would be greatly appreciated, thank you! 😁

I was in 11002 last year for 10 days to Alaska - the other side of the ship and a few cabins forward. I can't say a thing about noise from the fitness center but I don't think it's open 24-hours (I could be WRONG). I can talk about the stair/elevator lobby near 11516. I don't think you'll have much noise from there. It's not in a big traffic area other than people getting off on 12 for the fitness center, spa, library, etc - I don't think it will be noticeable to you. My opinion is that much of the traffic is near the center lobby that goes on up to the Haven. I had a chance at a 2-bedroom suite that opened right at the lobby (a few doors down from where we actually stayed) and I had reservations because of potential noise - I don't think it would have been a problem. Your only concern might be that the bridge viewing room is just down the hall from 11516 and there could be some traffic of people going there - but my guess is that it would be in the first couple of days as people generally explore the ship. Also, the part of a mini suite where you'll be sleeping, reading or whatever is a good distance from the door plus the bathroom/closet area is a good buffer zone. Just my opinion.