Breakaway Hurricane News 10/9

carol54

A huge well done, for not giving up the chase! You may recall we were on that cruise also, and NCL handling of the communications on boarding day was outrageous and designed to be the opposite of customer focused. I sent a number of emails, each going up the food chain, and all came back with the same condescending message about how they had given each cabin a $200 OBC (non-refundable incidentally) compensation award.....WOW.

I gave up sometime in November, and had forgotten the situation. Their Corporate and Communications Directorates are a joke! For me, it is NCL inconsistency that wrankles more than anything, as there are ships and situations that have been appropriately compensated e.g. POA, which was delayed by a day following the refit in California ended as a 9 instead of 10 day cruise....each passenger was given a 50% future cruise credit....no-one on board could believe their good fortune, go figure!!

Sorry about some of the responses you had to endure following your post, you can always hit the ignore button!

Agreed, NCL's communication from corporate, on board, and their customer service leaves a lot to be desired and I've told them as much many times.

I was on the same cruise. I wrote a letter complaining about the cruise and received nothing.

We ended up booking a seven-day cruise on RCI for December instead of NCL.

One of the things I'm going to discuss with NCL prior to dropping the matter is getting an extension on the credit offer. My wife and I were just on a Princess cruise last month and are scheduled with MSC in September and with Carnival in September 2019. We're going to need a little more time to use the credit than one year. Considering it took six months to get the credit I don't think that request is unreasonable. Until we received their offer I was not considering ever cruising with them again even though the ship and service were quite good.

• 10 months later...

It only took eleven more months of emails and phones but we're finally booked on another Norwegian cruise as of this afternoon.

It didn't take much prodding to get NCL to extend the cruise credits for another year. They were very hesitant to agree to my request that they waive any fees related to their "Free at Sea" promotions, specifically the beverage and dining packages. After almost another full year of exchanging emails and leaving numerous un-returned voicemail messages the Guest Relations Manager answered her phone. She stated that my request couldn't be handled by her but she would have someone from the "future cruise" department call me the next day. Amazingly someone did call today and with surprising ease she walked me through the booking process, took my deposit information, applied our $400 cruise credit and removed the service fees associated with the Beverage and Dining packages. The service fees totaled another $330 which is over 80% of the amount of our cruise credit.

All told we saved $730 and some change off our next NCL cruise. I doubt after this upcoming trip if we'll cruise with NCL again but I definitely wanted to use the cruise credit that took so much effort to get. Be persistent and always be polite, it will eventually pay off.

After your experience, even with the seemingly large cruise credit, I do not think I would sail NCL again. But thats me.

Again, after this cruise we probably won't sail with them again. After our MSC cruise last September we've found a new favorite. With that said, we really enjoyed the Breakaway; the ship and crew were wonderful. It was the corporate customer service that we felt let down by. Hopefully it will be smooth sailing this time, pun slightly intended, and we won't have to deal with any issues like we did in 2016.

Ok, sound good, you do what you need to do

seems way to much effort to me, and yes for us ..... the ship is our destination, maybe that why we have done the NYC Bahamas one 4 times lol...... but to each its own

Marion

Same here! We will be going on our third NYV Bahamas trip in a couple months. I consider it a cruise to nowhere! We don’t even get off the ship!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here! We will be going on our third NYV Bahamas trip in a couple months. I consider it a cruise to nowhere! We don’t even get off the ship!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are too, going in may on the Gem and as always looking forward to it, enjoy your cruise

Marion