Please Help Ultimate Beverage Lets Get Fact

Cruisegirl6

Hello I have been on other posts that speaking about the Ultimate Beverage Program, I am very confused some say it doesn't include alot of items some people do, so I like to make this post for those who have cruised and did have this program and tell of their knowing and experiences of it so there is no confusion.

I generally wake up 9am and go to sleep 2-3am so there are 18 hours in the day for me I will generally have 2 Mojito's before dinner, 2 glasses of wine dinner, 3-4 drinks night, usually 2 apple martinis, 2 margarhita and Long Island Iced Tea.

Other half have generally 4 miller lights in day, 2 jack coke dinner, 3-4 jack and coke or soda water at night.

Now considing what I order and to actual facts about this program:

1- does the UBP include apple martini's

2- I read that for this package you only can choose a drink with one liquor and one mixer not shaken up drink is this true

3- I not drink house wine but if I do anybody know the brand of wine

4- I drink pinot grigio would this plan include this type of wine

5- does it include Long Island Iced Teas

I read it also includes soda and juice but not fresh squeezed and not specialty coffees is this true?

Do all bars accept this program?

Do all bars have beer being served?

Is there a limit to the cost of a beer for this program?

Does NCL have miller lite on draft?

Does it include frozen cocktails?

Does anybody have the actual menu with the prices of the liquor so we all can figure out whether it worth getting, also to see what drinks are on this package

I think if we can keep this as fact instead of people assuming and speculation this would greatly help people such as myself and others who need to know exactly what is included and not included in this plan.

I appreciate everybody's kindness in helping me and thank you.

This should answer most of your questions:

Ultimate Beverage Package

56 USD/day

Liquor (see list attached)

Beer (up to US $ 5.50)

Wine by the glass (up to US $ 10.00)

Water

Juice

Soft Drinks

at all Bars & Lounges and Restaurants

Not included

Bottled water

Fresh squeezed juice

Specialty coffee

Energy Drinks

Mini bar drinks

BeverageBrandsList2013.pdf

This should answer most of your questions:

Ultimate Beverage Package

56 USD/day

Liquor (see list attached)

Beer (up to US $ 5.50)

Wine by the glass (up to US $ 10.00)

Water

Juice

Soft Drinks

at all Bars & Lounges and Restaurants

Not included

Bottled water

Fresh squeezed juice

Specialty coffee

Energy Drinks

Mini bar drinks

Thank you!! It helps me alot!!

Time2cruise thank you!!

I did read other posts that stated others got apple martini for instance and was charge, as so what somebody else that ordered Long Island Iced Tea....

Anybody have anything to say about what I read? I also read that if you order single alcohol which is on the attachment you have sent time2cruise (and a great big thank you for that) it will be included but more than 2 types of alcohol drinks was charged...if anybody had this experience please let me know.

Anybody else want to comment or give advice?

I have contacted my dude at NCL with an exact list of questions, most importantly the drinks that have multiple alcohols in them. Reading all the post on this board, I know that there seems to be a disconnect between people at NCL but I will still let you know what he finds out for me.

I'm confused also and I was just on the Star Feb.3-10! We were charged $49.00 plus 15% service charge. When we signed up we were told that Mudslides(which are made with 3 liquors and are frozen) were not included nor were apple martini's.Turns out every bar we went to they were and we were never charged for any.Had Mojito's,Bloody Mary's,mimosa's just about anything on the bar menus around the ship.Never had or asked for a Long Island Tea so don't know about that.Hubby tried to order big beer in the pub and was told he could only order 1 smaller one at a time. Wines offered were pretty good.I only drink reds but I know my friend had many Pinot Grigio's and liked them.

The first couple of days it was a PITA because you had to sign for every drink all the time.By the time the cruise was over you could sort of run a tab in the bars and in the restaurants they started to put cabin mates drinks on one slip,so hubby and I would only sign 1 slip for the 2 of us.

P.S. Jim..Isn't the $56 one of the two group amenity prices they offer? Not the UBP offered to regular pax.

Edited by candygirl27540
ps

I can help on this. We were on the Star the week of Feb 17th and had a pretty long discussion with the Beverage Manager on the ship about this. He wrote down for us what is NOT included, I'll try to post a scan of it when I get home tonight, here is what he wrote:

• All Martinis
  • Speciality Drinks in Souvenir glasses
  • Beers $5.50 and above
  • Wine by the glas of $10 above
  • Super Premium brands of liquor
  • Bottles of wine
  • Cans of soda and red bull
  • Bottles of Water
  • Buckets of Beer

I also have the list of included liquors from the Star that I'll post. We definitely talked with people that were having Patron shots and thought they were included because they wrote UBP on their receipt. I'd imagine they were surprised when they got their bill. Overall it is a pretty good program, but the Martini thing still makes no sense to me.

Wonderin32 I truely and feel others be thankful also if you can scan it so I can print and send to our family members who are also going. Im sure many of us find that very helpful and appreciate it!

Well, my apple martini's not included so really need to figure this out wonder whether long island ice teas are included or not also?

is it true if I am traveling with my husband, if I want to purchase the package...we both have to pay for it since we are in one cabin??

All adults in the cabin must purchase the package. Otherwise there would be unauthorized sharing.;)

Odd question my father in law is widow he has his own balcony room what happens is he charged for one or two persons? Also, can he pay for two and transfer one of them to his other son who is also on the cruise in his own stateroom.

Odd question my father in law is widow he has his own balcony room what happens is he charged for one or two persons? Also, can he pay for two and transfer one of them to his other son who is also on the cruise in his own stateroom.

He will be charged for one

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta tell you. This is better than nothing if you're a heavy drinker, but comparatively speaking, it's a lousy plan (IMHO). We have sailed the last three times on Celebrity. Each time, my wife and I got their ultimate package. The regular price is $53 plus 15% gratuity, but about 2 times a year, they have a 10% off sale and you can pre-purchase, making their price about the same as NCL. Celebrity's plan includes all spirits (mixed or straight) that are priced at $12 or less. If you pick something that is priced higher, then they charge you only the difference. I'm a Belvedere Vodka drinker....no problem. Virtually all specialty drinks were priced at $12 or less, so they were included. All coffees (including specialty coffee), sodas, beer (think it had to be $6 or less), wine ($12 or less), as well as bottled water, were included. A much better program than NCL's. Hopefully, NCL will look at their competitors and improve their program. As it stands now, I won't buy it.

We are booked on a 12-day cruise. If we got the drink package, are we going to be charged for 11 days or 12? We arrive in Boston at 8:00 am so we would not be drinking that day.

We were on a 10-day cruise, so 9 nights on the Spirit, we were charged for 9 days.

We were on the Epic in February and purchased the UBP. I found the wine selection under $10/glass very good. I also purchased mojitos and l also "advised" if he ordered a coffee with Bailey's on the side, it was okay.

We were on the Epic in February and purchased the UBP. I found the wine selection under $10/glass very good. I also purchased mojitos and l also "advised" if he ordered a coffee with Bailey's on the side, it was okay.

lol, okay I just read the above and I made no sense... I tried to say I purchased mojitos and frozen drinks. My husband ordered a coffee with Bailey's and was "advised" the coffee drink was not included, however if he ordered coffee with Bailey's on the side, it was okay. "Someone" hasn't had enough coffee this morning... :)

Thank you for this thread.

What I really keep trying to find out is exactly who needs to purchase.

I KNOW it must be everyone in the cabin but what if we have 4 cabins and one person's credit card (my mom is taking my family and my sister's family). Would that mean everyone on the credit card must purchase?

The reason I ask this is that if that is the case, I am moving a couple of kids in my mother's cabin (on paper) and she can give us OBC, totalling the amount of the drink package (which she has graciously said she will also pay for) and we will just all use our own credit card for each cabin. The package would work well for my sister/her dh and my dh and me. (We all have connecting cabins...one cabin connecting to another) so the move would be on paper since the kids could still sleep where they wanted at night and I know the older kids would use the soda package.

Does anyone know this information yet?

I'm sailing on the Breakaway in July and while I know it is not sailing, just curious about the other ships and the credit cards.