Poll..... Should kids be allowed in the Haven at all?

mscdivina2016

Poll..... Should kids be allowed in the Haven at all?  

413 members have voted

1. 1. Poll..... Should kids be allowed in the Haven at all?

• NO
    • Yes but only with adult supervision at all times
    • Yes but with Adults only times for the pool
    • Yes, but not in the pool
    • yes, but have an attendant on duty who is not tipped

I have read several postings about unruly kids in the Haven, the pool being used as a baby sitter, diving, ball throwing and just being loud. This has always kept me from booking one myself. I would like to try one but I travel without kids (off season)and I don't want to deal with others bad behavior for the premium to be there.

It seems as everyone's kids on this board are the best behaved in the world:rolleyes:

Should the haven be for Adults only?

This poll is anonymous so your true feelings can be seen.

Edited by mscdivina2016

You left out a key answer, that being a simple YES with no qualification.

I left it out on purpose because you are required to supervise your kids.

PARENTAL AND GUARDIAN RESPONSIBILITY For purposes of this Guest Conduct Policy, a minor is defined as anyone under the age of 18. A young adult is defined as anyone ages 18, 19 or 20. Parents and guardians are responsible for the behavior and appropriate supervision of their accompanying minor(s) and young adult(s) throughout their vacation. This obligation applies during transfers to and from ships, inside terminals, while onboard, at our ports of call, during shore excursions and at our private destinations. This responsibility applies at all times, regardless of whether the parents and guardians are physically in the company of their minor(s) and young adult(s).

AGE POLICIES

FACILITY AGE REQUIREMENT Kids Crew Ages 2 through 17, with age-specific sections. Must be potty trained and no age bumping permitted. Pools ** Guests must be fully toilet trained to enter the pools or hot tubs. Therefore, guests in diapers, pull-ups or swimmers may not use the pools or hot tubs, even if accompanied by a parent or adult guardian. Hot Tubs ** Under age 16 must be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian. Guests must be fully toilet trained to enter the pools or hot tubs. Therefore, guests in diapers, pull-ups or swimmers may not use the pools or hot tubs, even if accompanied by a parent or adult guardian.

As was stated before, if you don't want to deal with kids go on a cruise where kids are much less likely or won't be found at all.

The Haven is marketed to families. Period.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Irrelevant poll. Kids are allowed in the Haven. This serves no purpose.

We all know they are currently allowed there now, thus the title of "should".

I remember a poll years back about "Should they ban smoking on Balconies" and look what happened. I suppose that served no purpose as well? Can you smoke in your Balcony now?

Some ships offer 'Adults only area's" which if the Haven went that way I would book that instead. I would be surprised if in the future we don't see an Adults only situation.

• Thanks 1

We all know they are currently allowed there now, thus the title of "should".

I remember a poll years back about "Should they ban smoking on Balconies" and look what happened. I suppose that served no purpose as well? Can you smoke in your Balcony now?

Some ships offer 'Adults only area's" which if the Haven went that way I would book that instead. I would be surprised if in the future we don't see an Adults only situation.

You are sorely mistaken if you ever think the Haven will not cater to families.

I would be surprised if in the future we don't see an Adults only situation.[/QUOte]

I think you will be surprised then. NCL has already provided adults only areas in Vibe and the spa areas. They would be foolish to make The Haven adults only.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Twice while in the haven the courtyard was virtually unusable due to boisterous. Kids and neglectful parents. Running screaming throwing of pool Toys And jumping on the furniture. Water balloon fights that carried inside and up the stairwell. I blame the parents. And believe they should. Have been talked to by hotel manager. I felt sorry for the concierge, who was unable to do anything. This went on from 8-8 everyday, even port days.

Will it change? No, it won't because many parents just feel entitled. My solution, is as others have go haven , but get vibe passes.

Poll: should drunken butt-munch adults who think they are members of the Hilton family and quite privileged and shout every sentence and argue about the smoking policy be allowed in the Haven?

Poll: Should adults who get up at six, steal all the loungers at the Haven pool be allowed in the Haven?

Poll: Should non-Americans be allowed in the Haven- you know how tiny those European bathing suits are!My sons and daughter don't need to see those "girls " and that "package"

Poll: Should people who upsell to Haven at a cut-rate price be allowed in the pool area- I mean, who wants to mingle with the riff-raff?

Your poll offers no "Yes" option.

We have had more issues with adults than with kids of ANY age in the Haven.

Period. Don't cruise NCL if you are hating on families

NCL will never make the Haven adults-only, unless they build new ships with said area as well as a family-friendly Haven. FDR and team may make dumbdecisions, but denying families access to purchase the very pricey Haven suites would be very stupid.

Edited by Annmeat

Yes! The Haven has never been marketed as "adults only", but I feel more towards family. If I wanted to go on a vacation where there were guaranteed no kids, then I would book an adults only resort. There will always be that one child who is acting out, just as there is always gonna be that one adult who is acting out as well.

I've raised 3 boys and honestly feel that parenting is a 24/7/365 job for at least 18 years.

I really don't understand why anyone would bring their children on a vacation if they wanted a break from parenting. If it is a family vacation, then be a family. Children need supervision regardless of how well behaved because they are children after all. I don't blame the children if they do things that are inappropriate but I do blame the parents for not being around or not intervening for correction because that is what I would do :D

Not sure what the purpose of the poll is. You're not going to market two and three bedroom suites to adults only. And you would never sell the havens as adult only. Totally don fervent the smoking on a balcony.

If you want an adults only area, sail in the studio sections.

How about just "YES"?

Since you have not put that as an answer I will refrain from voting. I don't like skewed surveys.

I don't think it's skewed at all. They mentioned yes to children with supervision. That is the way it should be anyhow and anywhere on a ship or off a ship. And I say this in support of allowing children in the Haven.

I get that a few posters on here have had bad experiences with kids in the Haven, but at times, I also think the problem is overblown. DH and I were in the Haven on the GA in July sans kids and had zero problems whatsoever. There were maybe 8 kids total that we encountered and all behaved well. However, we were in the Haven pool one day and there was a woman who was absolutely cursing up a storm and complaining about the "bleep, bleep kids." These kids were not misbehaving in any way...they were just hanging in the pool. But, I can guarantee she went home and went on and on about kids in the Haven courtyard and how awful they were...I heard her complaining on multiple days. I just think that some people have zero tolerance for children.

I get that a few posters on here have had bad experiences with kids in the Haven, but at times, I also think the problem is overblown. DH and I were in the Haven on the GA in July sans kids and had zero problems whatsoever. There were maybe 8 kids total that we encountered and all behaved well. However, we were in the Haven pool one day and there was a woman who was absolutely cursing up a storm and complaining about the "bleep, bleep kids." These kids were not misbehaving in any way...they were just hanging in the pool. But, I can guarantee she went home and went on and on about kids in the Haven courtyard and how awful they were...I heard her complaining on multiple days. I just think that some people have zero tolerance for children.
I remember reading on here that the poster was upset because a 12 year old girl spent most of the day in the pool, which apparently meant the woman couldn't get in the pool. (1) I didn't know there was a time limit for the pool and (2) the woman could clearly get in the pool if she wanted, I guess she wanted the pool all to herself and the child prevented her from having what she wanted.

I remember reading on here that the poster was upset because a 12 year old girl spent most of the day in the pool, which apparently meant the woman couldn't get in the pool. (1) I didn't know there was a time limit for the pool and (2) the woman could clearly get in the pool if she wanted, I guess she wanted the pool all to herself and the child prevented her from having what she wanted.

I am a Scouter in Canada, and from day one two deep leadership ( don't be alone with the youth) is hammered into our heads. I would be uncomfortable being a lone adult in a pool with children. Heck, I don't even like using public washrooms as there might be unattended youth present!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by pdmartyn65