One room number only for each boat right?

oceanfun77

I booked a guaranteed oceanview room, category OX. When I logged into ncl.com, I was given room number 5208. When I googled room number 5208, it says it is category OB.

My question is, is there only one cabin number "5208" throughout the whole ship, or can there be multiple room numbers under different categories?

BTW, any thoughts on getting a 5th deck cabin? I can always upgrade if it's terrible? Thanks!

There is only one 5208 room on the ship. The class of 'OX' just means you booked a 'guarantee'. It means you don't get perks and norwegian can assign you ANY oceanview or higher. You were assigned an OB room, which is a high class of oceanview. Oceanview rooms are typically on the bottom of the ship, 4th and 5th floor because the higher floors are reserved for balconies, there may be a few oceanview squeezed in but those will often be booked specifically (so someone pays extra to book them) and therefore not assigned as guarantees.

I've not booked an oceanview before so can't give any better advice. But I like to look at the deck plans and see what's above the room. Preferring a room that has cabins or a quieter venue above it as opposed to a restaurant or lounge that will have chairs moving and people walking in the early moving or late evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

OP, you did not say which ship ... when did you booked your OV-GTX and when did you checked your Trip Summary online to see 5208, as that has been assigned to you - as OB (which is a mid/upper subcategory within Oceanviews).

I will make a semi-educated guess that it's on the mega-ships, probably one of the *Away ships, on deck 5 and 5208 is port side, mid-ship location with large picture window, It is in a very good location with very wide corridor, very easy to walk to the AFT elevators & stairs or to the FWD elevators & stairs. Across the way are several sideway "Inside" staterooms - there are few pax foot traffic there but the wide passage/corridor is used by crews heading to/from their "I-95" decks below ... lots of friendly smiles & hello from them, as they are expected to do.

Using the Breakaway as an example, your OV is below Savor Restaurant, 1 of 2 smaller MDR but it is NOT under the gallery, which is much further back - so I don't believe noise will be a problem - these newer ships have relatively good sound insulations between decks.

OC is lower than OB, OA is 1 notch higher and O1 is 2 notches higher (those are typically family overview - bigger interior size in sq. footage & on deck 5) ... refer to the NCL deck plan, with different color coding to decode yourself.

I agree, it sounds like BA/GA. People with motion sickness issues would love this location (low deck mid-ship). Very convenient for the stuff on Deck 6. There is a mentality that higher decks are more desirable, but the elevators work just fine :)

On some of the older ships, lots of people who book OX wind up with porthole cabins on decks 4 and 5, and that is actually kind of sad, IMO. But I wouldn't have any problem with OB on BA or GA.

As for "I can always upgrade if it's terrible" do you mean before the cruise or during the cruise? Before the cruise, you have some options. Once the cruise starts you're kind of stuck…

OP, you did not say which ship ... when did you booked your OV-GTX and when did you checked your Trip Summary online to see 5208, as that has been assigned to you - as OB (which is a mid/upper subcategory within Oceanviews).

Sorry I forgot to specify! I am on Norwegian Breakaway. I thought all room numbers were the same on all the NCL ships. Goes to show how much a newbie I am! Thanks!

As for "I can always upgrade if it's terrible" do you mean before the cruise or during the cruise? Before the cruise, you have some options. Once the cruise starts you're kind of stuck…

Oh of course before the cruise takes place! I did submit a very poor bid of $40/person ($80 total) to upgrade to a balcony. I doubt I will get it, but reading your opinions about my current room makes me happy with what I already have. Thanks!

On the BA/GA - you barely feel the ship moving away from the cruise terminal as she gets underway (Pier 88 is your homebase) and even at 10' to 15' seas, very light chops to some of us - you barely sense any motion. We also had a balcony on deck 10 Fwd, at 10' to 15' with cross-wind, you definitely feel the vertical and lateral motions ... DW sleeps better with the swinging, "gentle rocking" as she now calls it.

As for your odds of success on the Upgrade bid, never know till it's accepted or expired (rejected) - depending on the sailing date & inventory, etc. There are far more balconies on the GA/BA class ships than oceanviews ... but, you could be giving up a relatively good/nice mid-ship lower deck location for an extreme Fwd or Aft balcony, not something you wished for if prone to motion sickness. We didn't mind at all when we got upgraded.

If you compare & notice various ship's medical center - they are always on the lower/est deck & midship - it's most "flat" & "stable" - chosen for many reasons, and, for comfort.