Stupid Question, please do not flame me

az-cruiser

Ok, so every woman I know is wearing jeans or even pants that are distressed, holes and unhemed at the ankle. I have one such pair of nice white pants that have holes in the knees. ( I know, nice pants with holes,,but they are super cute!) Do you think they will let me in the dinning room for lunch with these on? Same pants, in black, do you think they would let me in the dinning room for dinner wearing them?

Please no rude comments, it's a fashion thing. Thank you:o

Since it's at lunch and will be in the less formal dining room they MAY let you in. According to the dress code they shouldn't but they let a lot of stuff slide. Since that's a fashion for the younger adults, teens, etc they usually let the younger people get away with stuff more-so than adults. You'll probably be fine.

All they can do is say no. If they don't you can always hit the buffet. ;p

In other words, flip a coin. Enjoy your cruise.

Ok, so every woman I know is wearing jeans or even pants that are distressed, holes and unhemed at the ankle. I have one such pair of nice white pants that have holes in the knees. ( I know, nice pants with holes,,but they are super cute!) Do you think they will let me in the dinning room for lunch with these on? Same pants, in black, do you think they would let me in the dinning room for dinner wearing them?

Lunch is shorts and T-shirt’s in all restaurants.

Le Bistro and one other restaurant on the ship technically would not allow the pants described for dinner

Lunch is shorts and T-shirt’s in all restaurants.

Le Bistro and one other restaurant on the ship technically would not allow the pants described for dinner

Yes, but the dress code specifically addresses torn pants:

(snip) We want you to be comfortable, but tank tops for men, flip flops, baseball caps, visors and jeans that are overly faded, with holes or tears and worn below the hips are not permitted in main dining rooms or specialty restaurants.

For lunch, fine. For dinner, they might or might not let you in. Why not just wear a similar pair of jeans without holes. Nice dark wash skinny jeans can look fabulous with a cute top.

For total truthfulness, I have never liked the 'holey' trend.

That's fashion???????

That's fashion???????

A few days ago I was in an upscale NYC restaurant . There were signs stating that nobody would be allowed in wearing jeans ,shorts or sneakers .

I saw several women with sneakers ,one man with jeans and a few others with sneakers.Restaurants and cruise lines other than Cunard appear not to enforce everything these days .

On a RCI cruise earlier this year I saw men in specialty restaurants and the MDR wearing jeans.

You will get thousands of different perspectives on this. I believe dress codes exist for a reason. That’s why I have learned to avoid dining rooms, but then again, I’m picky and therefore content to graze.

The only thing you can do for sure is wear them and receive feedback.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

well I doubt any of us will really make a rude statement but I also think, if you ask a question that you know is controversial you can expect some to shake their heads and many do to the, as you put it: fashion thing. Now to answer your question: I doubt anyone will stop you fro wearing them. I am sure at lunch they will not. If it doesn't bother you, who are we to judge, regardless as how stupid it looks.

OP, I agree with others who have said you might not be able to go to dinner in those jeans, lunch should be OK. Try one night and see, if you have to change it will only take a few minutes. As for the fashion element, ripped jeans are not my cup of tea but then again I'm old and still waiting for Leisure Suits to come back into fashion. :D

For lunch, fine. For dinner, they might or might not let you in. Why not just wear a similar pair of jeans without holes. Nice dark wash skinny jeans can look fabulous with a cute top.

For total truthfulness, I have never liked the 'holey' trend.

I really agree with you and don't like that trend. The problem is that it's very difficult to find lighter, in color, jeans without holes, at least where I live!

To the OP, for lunch I think your jeans will be ok.

As others have stated, the ripped jeans will be ok for lunch in the MDR. Difficult to say about dinner, in the formal MDR or LeBistro. I have worn unripped skinny jeans with a dressy top to dinner with no problem.

To be on the safe side, bring some unripped jeans for "just in case."