Best independent Sail and Snorkel in Nassau

tpooleinjax

I will be in Nassau in early February with a group of about 12 and we are looking to book a Sail and Snorkel. Our ship doesn't arrive until 10am so I am looking for a trip that goes out a little later that my group will enjoy. Any ideas or recommendations?

• 1 month later...

We booked Bahamas Water Tours. You can find them on Facebook, also under Bahamas Watertours Nassau. I messaged with Captain Angelo. I had a lot of questions and he was always patient and quick to respond. He charges $600 for up to six people, then each additional person is $50. We had nine, so our total was $750. This was supposed to be a four hour trip, but we were out for almost five hours. There was no addition charge for the extra time. You can have the boat to yourselves, unless you want others to come along. Told me he was licensed for 22, but likes to keep in at 16 passengers or under. Picked us up at 10. But since the boat is yours, I'm sure you can suggest your starting time. 30-35 foot glass bottom boat. Capt Angelo was amazing. Felt like we were visiting an old friend that wanted to show us the Bahamas. Did some shallow reef view from the boat. Then stopped and snorkeled on a reef. He must be a known expert because several boats were following us to see where we stopped. He moved them along so that we had privacy. He got in the water with us. Fed the fish. Explained all about the different species. I've been going to Nassau for 30 years and I still found him interesting. Then we went off to swim with the turtles across from Rose Island. This was amazing. They are in the wild, not a preserve. As long as you aren't aggressive they will allow you to swim above or just behind them. This was amazing. We then wen't to Rose Island to get some lunch and play on the beach. Great burgers. I felt that Angelo loves what he does. It really felt like a was visit an old friend from school. He had complimentary rum punch on board for adults and regular fruit punch for kids. Highly recommend for your group of 12. I think you'll like having your own boat.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...