Rude guests at Officers Q and A? Does it often happen?

Velvetwater

After our first M&G I noticed that the people who argued and complained at trivia were all CC people

A Meet & Greet by definition has to be Cruise Critic people. How did you notice afterwards that anyone who argued and complained at trivia were CC people? Did you stand at Guest Services listening to those who argued and complained at trivia and then asked them if they were on CC?

How do you define "Trivia"? What is trivia to you might be life and death to someone else!

To have argued and complained at trivia does not automatically mean that someone is rude. I frequently argue and complain at trivia but I always do it in a constructive manner and am never rude about it. Also I would never do it at a Meet & Greet; I do it either face to face with the officer concerned should I see that person or, more commonly, in writing to the Hotel Director.

He said AT trivia not ABOUT trivia as in trivial complaints

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Always the contrarian, I would rather listen to a few complaints than sit there and listen to people who feel the need to throw out compliments over and over. While there's no excuse for actually being rude, I have to wonder if many of these posts about rude questions are coming from the same mindset that permeates these boards: A cruise is perfect, and even if it isn't, you're not allowed to say anything negative. After having read numerous reviews here, I have seen far too many posters ripped to shreds because they had the audacity to mention something that they didn't like on their cruise.

It is not a matter of saying anything negative, it is how it is said that can make a difference. And I do not think the Q&A meetings are for bitching, they are for asking questions. Yes. occasionally there will be a question asked that might sound negative; that is alright if it is asked in a way that does not send bad vibes.

We've stopped attending meet n greets as well as stopped registering on the roll calls

Why?

1. I really am not fond of posting stuff like...hi, we are Barbie and Ken Smith from islip New York Um ok all it takes it a quick google to get your home address and you have let the world know you will be away from your home as well as the exact dates

2. At the meet n greets we have gone to all we have ever found are a bunch of people half asleep sitting in a crowded area with zero ventilation and stale pastries set out. No smiles no conversation and to top it off the attitudes have been shall we say...snobby? Now I realize some will say it's me...but alas I assure you we enter these things with a smile and a pleasant good morning

Fwiw...I think cc members just think a meet n greet is scheduled primarily for complaints

We don't miss them and I'm sure we are not missed either. Lol

I am one that will say: it is you. We have made lasting friends from the M&Gs. They are usually informative and fun. The pastries are never stale and the officers, especially the Hotel Manager are usually very informative and willing to answer questions. If there is a gift exchange, it is usually fun, as are the slot pulls. Everyone has to do what is best for them. If you do not go to the M&Gs that is your choice, but I do think it is yor attitude and not the norm. No, I doubt anyone is goingt to bother to google someone just because they posted they lived in a certain state and their first names are John and Mary.

I've seen it before. It is rare. The questions are usually about something that is completely out of the Captain's control - while he may command the ship, there are decisions that are made fleet-wide and all he can do it implement them (Coke vs Pepsi, for example.) Usually, others will ask other questions to try to derail the one that is on a mission to be heard. That is not always possible.

I think that is a reasonable question to ask.

The job of the senior staff on the cruise is to reflect and communicate decisions make by corporate to the passengers and on-board staff. It is also their job to reflect the impact of thouse decisions the other way back to corporate.

That said, you should not expect an answer much beyond. "That was fleet wide decision. However I am interested in your thoughts as a passanger and will pass on any suggestions you have."

I am one that will say: it is you. We have made lasting friends from the M&Gs. They are usually informative and fun. The pastries are never stale and the officers, especially the Hotel Manager are usually very informative and willing to answer questions. If there is a gift exchange, it is usually fun, as are the slot pulls. Everyone has to do what is best for them. If you do not go to the M&Gs that is your choice, but I do think it is yor attitude and not the norm. No, I doubt anyone is goingt to bother to google someone just because they posted they lived in a certain state and their first names are John and Mary.

Lol....I've seen posters put their town down so it's no problem figuring out who Barbie and Ken smith are when they say they are from oyster bay Long Island

After our first M&G I noticed that the people who argued and complained at trivia were all CC people

A Meet & Greet by definition has to be Cruise Critic people. How did you notice afterwards that anyone who argued and complained at trivia were CC people? Did you stand at Guest Services listening to those who argued and complained at trivia and then asked them if they were on CC?

How do you define "Trivia"? What is trivia to you might be life and death to someone else!

To have argued and complained at trivia does not automatically mean that someone is rude. I frequently argue and complain at trivia but I always do it in a constructive manner and am never rude about it. Also I would never do it at a Meet & Greet; I do it either face to face with the officer concerned should I see that person or, more commonly, in writing to the Hotel Director.

Yes, I have been near the guest services line listening to people complain about trivial things. The guest services employee tried hard to appease those folkes, by saying "We will look into it.."

My thoughts too!

Lol....I've seen posters put their town down so it's no problem figuring out who Barbie and Ken smith are when they say they are from oyster bay Long Island

Am not doubting that, but who is talking about putting first and last name down? Most of the M&G or roll call spread sheets we have seen only have people's first names and the state they live in: sometimes the town, but not last names. The last we did simply had first names, screen name if you wanted and if you were attending varies activities. No one listed last names.Most just listed the state they were living in.

Devil's advocate here, but I have also witnessed a simple question at M&G to senior staff that was met with a response that wasn't quite factual and somewhat downgrading.

yes, that can be the case as well. We only had one M&G where the senior management person really seemed uninterested and a bit rude himself. One of us asked about adding more embarkation ports. His answer and not in a very nice way was: I think that NCL knows what they are doing. If they wanted more they would add more. He also cut the meeting short after that. I think we had a fairly small turnout and it didn't sit well with him.

yes, that can be the case as well. We only had one M&G where the senior management person really seemed uninterested and a bit rude himself. One of us asked about adding more embarkation ports. His answer and not in a very nice way was: I think that NCL knows what they are doing. If they wanted more they would add more. He also cut the meeting short after that. I think we had a fairly small turnout and it didn't sit well with him.

Who was the senior management person? Ship's senior management or Corporate's?