Blue Kay Menu

sunshinemom17

I was able to get a copy of Blue Kay's updated menu. I know there had been a pic floating around from a few years ago so I wanted to get an updated one. This way, we can be prepared with what we want to order since our Spanish is limited. :)

JVdfnp

JVdfnp

38450054342_ca667c5e74_b.jpg

24609744618_a2dc624b01_b.jpgIMG_7873

Thanks for prices, we will be there in a couple of months. Strange I don’t see beer or buckets of beer - is there another page?

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for prices, we will be there in a couple of months. Strange I don’t see beer or buckets of beer - is there another page?

That is there complete menu and all they had listed on it.

They do have things wrote on a board up by the bar.

That is there complete menu and all they had listed on it.

They do have things wrote on a board up by the bar.

Well I am sure they have beer, just strange there is a picture but no brands or prices listed.

Since you have just been, can you confirm whether the previous owners are still there, or is the management different? I see the website now lists it as a Trie hotel. Did you find out about all the different pricing schemes that have been shared on here?

Well I am sure they have beer, just strange there is a picture but no brands or prices listed.

Since you have just been, can you confirm whether the previous owners are still there, or is the management different? I see the website now lists it as a Trie hotel. Did you find out about all the different pricing schemes that have been shared on here?

I'm not sure if it's the same manager still but they made it sound as if it was. I talked to the stand in manager (and what I mean by that I will explain in my review) and also the manager/owner or something like that (it was a lady) who implied she had been there for a long time.

As far as the pricing, see my post HERE.

I'm not sure if it's the same manager still but they made it sound as if it was. I talked to the stand in manager (and what I mean by that I will explain in my review) and also the manager/owner or something like that (it was a lady) who implied she had been there for a long time.

Since you have been to all places, what would you recommend Tropicante or Blue Kay for my wife and 21 yr old daughter on their own? They are not big drinkers so no use for an AI

Since you have been to all places, what would you recommend Tropicante or Blue Kay for my wife and 21 yr old daughter on their own? They are not big drinkers so no use for an AI

I can only recommend Blue Kay because I haven't been to Tropicante before to comment. I do know that the other bars on the beach are pretty small compared to Blue Kay, probably because BK is located at the end and therefore has a huge beach. You are welcome to read my review, listed in my signature line, that has tons of pictures in it. We just went back there and I'm currently working on my second review there.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting post I found about history and development of Blue Kay during my research for my upcoming visit to Costa Maya.

https://costamayalife.com/2016/10/17/blue-kay-cabanas-and-restaurant/

The use of volunteers could explain some of the lack of consistency regarding pricing and policies. Also I am not so keen on the reviews I am finding that show many excursions are including Blue Kay as their "beach break" after" primary" excursion. Seems like it could get busier later in the day if you have a late port arrival like us.

Obviously the actual owner "owns" many properties in Costa maya. There is a separate article in the same blog about Yemaya Club that you mentioned in your review and the temporary manager at Blue Kay.

Interesting post I found about history and development of Blue Kay during my research for my upcoming visit to Costa Maya.

https://costamayalife.com/2016/10/17/blue-kay-cabanas-and-restaurant/

The use of volunteers could explain some of the lack of consistency regarding pricing and policies. Also I am not so keen on the reviews I am finding that show many excursions are including Blue Kay as their "beach break" after" primary" excursion. Seems like it could get busier later in the day if you have a late port arrival like us.

Obviously the actual owner "owns" many properties in Costa maya. There is a separate article in the same blog about Yemaya Club that you mentioned in your review and the temporary manager at Blue Kay.

That's a very interesting article/post/blog. It appears to be someone who blogs information about Mexico and he did an interview with the actual owner.

He states "In 2006, he opened Blue Kay, and then Hurricane Dean came through in 2007, and like everything else in Mahahual, his place was destroyed, and he had to start over. Blue Kay reopened in 2010"

I do know that it wasn't actually called "Blue Kay" back then and it was actually called "Blue Bay". There are pictures out there that shows it named this and obvious that the B was painted into a K on all the signage.

During my "investigation" on this place (when I was trying to find a "new" place to visit in Costa Maya back in 2014, thread here) I did find that the name was indeed Blue Bay to begin with and recently changed to Blue Kay. Someone who seemed to know the area and businesses there (blue water dude) said:

"That is now Blue Kay and is located next door to Senior Frogs. It is the place directly next door toward the lighthouse. Beautiful beaches there. The rocky portion downtown turns back to sand just before Frogs and stays that way until just before the lighthouse. Blue Bay was shut down a few months ago?? But opened again as Blue Kay, just painting the B to look like a K on all the signs, and opened back up after a few weeks." So for some reason the place was closed and then reopened with a new name. When we visited the first time (2014), I was told by a worker there that it exchanged hands and that was the reason for the new name. I also had called the hotel next door (or down a ways) because it was in affiliation with Blue Bay and they said they cuts ties with them and we figured that was the reason for the new name and possible ownership. I do know this all happened in 2014, so obviously it didn't change actual owners...according to this article.

There were some pictures that I found online (back in 2014 when I was researching) and this is what convinced me that I just had to go to this place. Now that you have shown me this article, I followed a link for pictures and noticed that the original pictures I had found (which were now 8 pages back) actually belong to (and was posted) by the owner, Juan Ortega. Neat to find this out.

The use of volunteers (and the program they are running for it) is a pretty good idea (for them) and probably saves them a lot of expenses. However, you are right, it probably is causing a lot of confusion on the rules and pricing for us cruisers due to a possible quick turnover rate.

I have noticed that people are leaving reviews about Blue Kay on doing the excursions (or the last half of it) ending at BK. This is just my take and I'm only speculating, but I'm wondering if they are THINKING they are at BK because of the seats there that they sold off or rented out along the beach front. It's directly in front of BK and there's Blue Kay signs along the beach because, well...they own(ed) it. So people are just thinking that's where they are at and reporting back on it instead the actual name of the place next door that is hosting them. :confused: Those blue seats in front of BK also run at the new establishment (that used to be Senor Frogs) as well and is all the same place.

I'm going to have to search for the Yemaya Club on there and read that. It's interesting finding out these things.

THANK YOU for posting this great information.