Tahitian Treasures - P&O???

IngFam

Can anyone tell me if P&O still do this cruise, I've looked on their website and can see nothing. The longest cruise is the Bounty one but I'm sure that they used to cruise to Tahiti, really wanting to book this trip for next year and would rather go P&O than Princess.

Can anyone tell me if P&O still do this cruise, I've looked on their website and can see nothing. The longest cruise is the Bounty one but I'm sure that they used to cruise to Tahiti, really wanting to book this trip for next year and would rather go P&O than Princess.

Pacific Pearl is leaving on Monday to do that cruise , so its probably be taken off the web site.

Don't know when they are doing the next one.

Fabulous itinerary, especially at this time of the year.:)

Pacific Pearl is leaving on Monday to do that cruise , so its probably be taken off the web site.

Don't know when they are doing the next one.

Fabulous itinerary, especially at this time of the year.:)

editing for correction...Its leaving Friday 1 July from Sydney:rolleyes:

Princess are offering their 35 nighter to Hawaii 13th April 2012, great itenarary if you can afford the time and money.:) Robin

Unfortunately, no they aren't.

I'm one of the lucky ones going on it this Friday, we were also looking forward to it next year but were out of luck.

Don't know why they aren't repeating it as it was a sell out voyage and at no stage did they offer discounted fares which seems to be the case with many P&O voyages.

Might be to much organisation/admin for them? That's all i can put my finger on.

We will wait for P&O to offer it again over Princess provided it lives up to our expectations on this cruise :)

Thanks for your replies. Very disappointing that obviously this is the last year. We've looked at the Princess one but didn't have as good an itinerary and to be honest we preferred P&O to Princess, much more for the kids to do on P&O.

Maybe they might rethink and do it again for 2013.

Have to agree with the Princess itinerary for this cruise, as much as I'd love to see Hawaii, it just seems like there aren't many ports on the cruise for how long you spend on it and it is also considerably more expensive then what P&O offer.

I would also assume this cruise would definitely attract an older crowd, whereas P&O still pull families, couples etc.

Have to agree with the Princess itinerary for this cruise, as much as I'd love to see Hawaii, it just seems like there aren't many ports on the cruise for how long you spend on it and it is also considerably more expensive then what P&O offer.

I would also assume this cruise would definitely attract an older crowd, whereas P&O still pull families, couples etc.

If you study the itenararies of both Princess & P & O for these cruises you will see that P & O have 2 ports (Norfolk & Raratonga) that are very unpredictable ports as far as actually being able to get into them depending on tides, Niuafo'ou is scenic cruising only, 2 days in Papeete, and from what I've heard 1 day is more than enough, and the last 6 ports are places that can be visited on any cruise at any time, and probably most people who have cruised have been to one or more at some time, and the base brochure price is $5899 P/P for P & O 28 days compared to $6199 P/P for Princess for 35 days with a much more interesting itenarary that offers full days in all ports of call, no comparison in my opinion. Depends on what you want I suppose, if you are travelling with children then yes definetly P & O, but I actually wonder how many families would do this type of itenarary with children. A lot of time and money. Yes Princess do attract an older crowd, but also the ones of us that are'nt that old ,that enjoy the more proffessional service, and benefits that are offered by Princess.But that is the beauty of having different cruise companies to choose from, we just need some of the other cruise lines that are coming down under to offer us more interesting iteneraries like this one. Robin:)

Archived