Carnival Liberty Evacuation

pauleydm

It appears that the police are directing all traffic away from the ship with the exception of emergency vehicles. A lot of passengers are returning from shopping and look confused about what is going on. We have situated ourselves away from the ship, just to get out of the sun.

This is certainly peculiar. When we were on board, we thought that this was a drill, but the way the staff and crew were running to their emergency stations, it looked like they were concerned. I would not say they were panicked, but you could tell that this was something of concern. I stated earlier that there was a helicopter near the ship, but I can not see it visually. The noise may be a helicopter or a similar noise coming from the engines of the ship.

If its CO2 leak that will definitely not be good if someone walked right into a pocket of it. It will kill you dead instantly. I just went through confined space entry training at my job and CO2 is an instant killer. I"m sure the ship has air monitors all over and if Oxygen levels drop below 19.5% alarms sound and monitors tell bridge what the monitor is sensing and they take the action necessary for the safety of passengers. if your at sea then everyone is told to go outside until the leak or problem is found. Ships crew train for this all the time. They have all the necessary breathing apparatuses, fireman suits for things like this.

We are still waiting for an official announcement. The captain was quite firm when he said we have an emergency situation on the ship and all passengers must evacuate.

Do you see anyone on ship in full oxygen mask and oxygen tanks? Lots of cargo doors open on the side of the ship trying to vent it?