Is NCL discontinuing Boston to Bermuda

Geema6

From your keyboard to NCL's inbox! Ha

That would be a nice change. It's weird, I've noticed the other lines cruising out of Boston have switched ships with some regularity, but with NCL it is always the Dawn. Not that the Dawn is a bad ship, it's just been here for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh, yay! I've been hoping for a new ship in Boston!!! The Dawn has been sailing Boston to Bermuda since 2011. I like the Dawn and will be sailing her at least once in 2018 out of Boston, but am ready to try a new ship from my home port!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oh, yay! I've been hoping for a new ship in Boston!!! The Dawn has been sailing Boston to Bermuda since 2011. I like the Dawn and will be sailing her at least once in 2018 out of Boston, but am ready to try a new ship from my home port!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Be careful what you wish for. I would take the Dawn over the Epic any day of the week. There's a reason why they only built one ship in the Epic class :)

I'm not particularly a fan of the Epic either. I sailed on her when she first came out from Southhampton to NY. I did, however, enjoy the live music in the dining room. Do they still have that or was that something special?

They still have that. All of the newer ships (away ships and newer) have the live music in the Dining Room. When I was on the Breakaway they even had a floor show with some of the cast from "Burn the Floor". Still not worth it for me to sail Epic. I would rather sail the Dawn, especially now that she's gone through her last dry dock.

Does anyone have any update on this? I know several "big" ships such as Anthem of the Seas and others routinely come to Boston as port of calls during Canada/NE cruises. I too hope we get a new ship. I know that the Dawn is often booked solid for the Bermuda run, so a larger/newer ship makes sense. My money is on a Jewel class - I'd be shocked if they put the EPIC up here - but then again, it would certainly stand out.

If they put in the Epic for this route we will stop cruising from Boston. Too many pax, not enough outdoor space and sorry but the bathroom and shower configuration will not happen for us. Might start trying other vacation options other than cruising.

we loved Epic! i would be excited if she came to Boston. larger ship may mean longer/different itineraries besides teh Bermuda run. maybe they would homeport a larger ship here year round?

while we live here, we always choose to sail from NYC as there are more options (big ship, small ship, different itineraries, etc.)