$1,200.00 ($2,400.00pp) price fluctuation

MiniSchnauzer

I considered booking a cruise for this August. The advertised price for our desired room category was $2,499.00 last week and for the past month.

This morning I looked to book this and it had increased to $3,499.00. Thinking that a $1,000.00pp increase seemed odd; I mentioned this to my wife and we re-checked this to make sure I was seeing this correctly. Now the price has increased again for the same cruise. It is now listed for $3,699.00. Talk about a price fluctuation… $1,200.00pp ($2,400.00) is just ridiculous.

Maybe it would make sense… if this was a R/T cruise from one single port but when you factor in the flight costs for the multi-destination locations from the US to Europe - I can’t justify this purchase for myself.

Edited by MiniSchnauzer
It should be listed as: $1,200.00pp ($2,400.00)

Sorry to read this....

It seems to me that the pricing change is a factor of supply and demand and the market helped Seabourn achieve what they wanted- to incentivise people to make reservations. Unfortunately, you may have waited too long.

I like to book months in advance which allows me to get the best airfares which are subject to this dynamic too.

I hope you find another cruise that suits you in all its aspects and that when you do you book it straightaway to avoid disappointment.

Happy sailing!

Just looks like simple supply and demand, you regularly see this.

Perhaps the reason why if you see something you want at the right price you should grab the opportunity. I think Seabourn still offers excellent value,even at the new price for what you get in the price.

What they actually did was swap the price of this particular trips leg with the price of the other leg. I have seen Seabourn do this in the past many times before. Next week the same category on this particular cruise could actually be reduced, increased or sold out.

On my last cruise I put down an onboard deposit so will need to use this or get refunded by next year. Thanks.

I can't understand people that wait until a couple of weeks before a cruise and then complain that the price has increased.

Supply and demand has been with us for a long time now

Plan and book early,get the suite that you want,pay the price and then never have to moan about prices again.

Simple really.

The moral of my story is to do your research and pick which vacation option truly works the best for myself under the present conditions in time. I don’t know about everyone else, but I don’t look at one cruise line nor itinerary when deciding on a vacation. My wife and I choose at least 3 options and go through the whole process of elimination. We’re also considering staying in Rome for the week or taking advantage of the included airfare special from another cruise line.

Keep in mind that not everyone has a flexible schedule to book out a year in advance. Let alone know what their schedule is next month. I’m in my late 30’s and my work schedule and life demands require me to make decisions closer to an event. Vacation time is very precious to me and I’m limited to 3 weeks (15 business days) a year to unwind.

I do like the Seabourn product but will not shell out another $1,200.00pp ($2,400.00) for this particular cruise; when it was listed for $2,499.00. Just on principle… a $1,200.00pp increase differential doesn’t make financial sense to me. What others choose to do is their own discretion when booking their own vacations.

The moral of my story is to do your research and pick which vacation option truly works the best for myself under the present conditions in time. I don’t know about everyone else, but I don’t look at one cruise line nor itinerary when deciding on a vacation. My wife and I choose at least 3 options and go through the whole process of elimination. We’re also considering staying in Rome for the week or taking advantage of the included airfare special from another cruise line.

Keep in mind that not everyone has a flexible schedule to book out a year in advance. Let alone know what their schedule is next month. I’m in my late 30’s and my work schedule and life demands require me to make decisions closer to an event. Vacation time is very precious to me and I’m limited to 3 weeks (15 business days) a year to unwind.

I do like the Seabourn product but will not shell out another $1,200.00pp ($2,400.00) for this particular cruise; when it was listed for $2,499.00. Just on principle… a $1,200.00pp increase differential doesn’t make financial sense to me. What others choose to do is their own discretion when booking their own vacations.

Totally understand but as a late booker you will always have a price issue on a popular line like Seabourn which has few ships.

You might be lucky with prices on a cruise line with a lot more ships or an itinerary that is not popular and not selling well.