Rain - observation cat c cabin

Grandma Rambo

Hi, everyone:

I've tried to search for the answer, but cannot find it. We are going on the AQ March 4. We just got upgraded from an inside room to Cat C 436 cabin. We realize the verandah is part of the public deck. It seems the only entrance into the room is from the outside deck. Is the deck covered? I think it might be. We're really looking forward to this river cruise. We've sailed 30 ocean cruises and one river cruise in Europe.

I appreciate any feedback on this room. It's probably very small, but at least we could get some air.

Many thanks,

Jennie

Hi, everyone:

I've tried to search for the answer, but cannot find it. We are going on the AQ March 4. We just got upgraded from an inside room to Cat C 436 cabin. We realize the verandah is part of the public deck. It seems the only entrance into the room is from the outside deck. Is the deck covered? I think it might be. We're really looking forward to this river cruise. We've sailed 30 ocean cruises and one river cruise in Europe.

I appreciate any feedback on this room. It's probably very small, but at least we could get some air.

Many thanks,

Jennie

There is some overhang, but you can still get a little wet. We did.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last June we were in 418 which has inside and outside entry. The outside overhang is reasonable and provided sufficient protection from the rain we had. You are only 2 cabins from an internal lobby so it would only be a short dash if the rain was really coming down - sideways. I think you'll be good. Enjoy the cruise, we did, even after flying 18 hours to get there.

Many thanks to both of you. Right after posting I looked at the picture again and, sure enough, the decks are mostly covered. I was just so excited to be upgraded from an inside room I wasn't thinking straight. LOL!

Thanks again.

I don't believe you will disappointed. The walk is usually very short and not that much of a problem. I would book the same cabin in a heart beat.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk