The GRAND TOUR of Celebrity Eclipse & S-Class Ships in Pictures and Video - Part 2

cruisetrail

Help !!! We're booked 14 days on Silhouette Dec. this yr in CElebrity Suite 1233 , however am considering changing due to overhang ...do you have any input or photos to share , would definitely appreciate ... Would you suggest any other CS on different deck ?

Thank you

Josie ( your biggest fan )

You shouldn't worry about the overhang because 1233 is one deck below "overhang balconies" (second from overhang) and it's on the hump.

1233 is the same as 1110 on the other side.

2u5z03d.jpg

Cruisetrail,

What an awesome site. Thank you for all of your efforts--WOW!!

Choosing between 7241 and 8197 on the Silhouette. Would appreciate your advice. Both are on the slant. Thanks again.

Kalajori

7241 is the same as 7286 on the other side.

dfuj9l.jpg

8197 is the same as 8160 on the other side

se16h3.jpg

It depends on what parts of the ship you prefer to be closer to.

I would book 8197.

It's higher over lifeboats, more distant from smoking areas, no atrium music.

Theoretically a bit more motion if it happens.

Wow, isn't it amazing how the more expensive cabin types are affected by that overhang and struts (eg S2's)? The photos really demonstrate the closed in feel and blocking of the side view. What a shame. I have booked my first Celebrity cruise and will be in 2119, i hope that the perks of the sky suite sweeten the deal for me, because I suspect I won't like that overhang, or the view being blocked!

Wow, what an amazing resource you are to all of us booking our cabins. Thank you so much. I am in awe over what you have done. Thank you!!

Could I bother you to tell if you have a photo or can give me a similar photo to what 2133 would be on the Solctice.

Thanks very much

You shouldn't worry about the overhang because 1233 is one deck below "overhang balconies" (second from overhang) and it's on the hump.

1233 is the same as 1110 on the other side.

2u5z03d.jpg

Thank you so much for that reassurance . I can rest easy now , glad I made a wise choice ... This is our one time big splurge to a suite and I'd be so sorry if I'd gotten it wrong .Have been reading your posts all day , absolutely fascinating ...thank you so much for providing this wonderful information ...

Wow, what an amazing resource you are to all of us booking our cabins. Thank you so much. I am in awe over what you have done. Thank you!!

Could I bother you to tell if you have a photo or can give me a similar photo to what 2133 would be on the Solctice.

Thanks very much

S2 was in the first part of the review: "The Splendor and Misery of Celebrity..."

2wdqa7l.jpg

This is 2131 on the Eclipse - nxt door to 2133 (same as Solstice).

2133 has an opposite layout: door-window vs window-door

10ner2g.jpg

Edited by cruisetrail

This is quite possibly the MOST AMAZING thread I have ever seen on Cruise Critic. The time, energy and brainpower that went into this is absolutely mind-boggling. Thanks so much for your efforts. This is an amazing resource for anyone who cruises with Celebrity, which, IMHO, is a great line.

I was looking through your posts and could not find any information on Celebrity Eclipse Cabin 8281, which was recommended to me onboard by a booking agent.

Is it a good one?

Thanks!

wow what a great thread, we are going on Celebrity for the 1st time this year, really want to book AQ...guess the overhang is part of the deal. we were thinking of 1630, any thoughts?

thanks in advance,

Jo

Cruisetrail, you have done an amazing job of putting this altogether to share with all of us.

I will be sailing on the Eclipse in Feb and would like your thoughts on aft cabin 1204 on deck 10. Is it a winner , loser or just ok.

Thanks,

Martha

Ditto what everyone else has been saying about how fascinating this thread is! Now, for me, please. I have of those 1st-off-the-hump rooms - 1243 - on Solstice. It's next to the Royal Suite, I think. Maybe I can make some new best friends. I'd like to see how great the balcony is on it and if it'll be dark! I'll be in NZ and AU for this one in March.

Thanks, Cruisetrail.

Amazing thread. I have been scratching my head and asking my self alot of "what were they thinking" though..My favorite cruise line with such complicated ship designs when it comes to cabins... :(

I was on Millenniums second week out in the worst cabin of my cruising experience. Over hang and under the pool deck. I learned from that, but still love the M class.

S2 was in the first part of the review: "The Splendor and Misery of Celebrity..."

2wdqa7l.jpg

This is 2131 on the Eclipse - nxt door to 2133 (same as Solstice).

2133 has an opposite layout: door-window vs window-door

Thank you so much! You are absolutely amazing. I am going to have to live with the overhang unfortunately. I wish I would have seen your post before. Oh well. I am sure I will love it despite this drawback. Thanks again1

Cruisetrail:

Thanks for this amazing thread. We just booked the Eclipse for a two weeks Baltic Cruise. We enjoyed a Celebrity Suite on the Equinox a couple of years ago but last year on the Silhouette opted for two connecting C-1. Our children are teenagers now and felt that we needed the extra bathroom and privacy. I really missed the extra space and decided to book a Corner Aft Sky Suite connected to a Sunset Veranda for the summer. The cabin numbers are 6306 and 6304. It was the only option left for a connecting SS. Any feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks again for this thread!!:):)

Thank you for this most informative thread. We've booked cabin 1249 on

Solstice for Oct. 2013 and wonder if you have any pictures or comments about this cabin, interested in the view to the sea below.

Louise

9205 is not a bad one (for Celebrity S-Class).

There are lifeboats below but not too close.

Another factor: 9205 can be partially observed from the hump balconies.

In my opinion, (generally speaking) Aqua is not an upgrade unless it's a "free upgrade" and location is good. The problem with Aqua balconies: many of them have bad location.

The closest to 9205 "My Upgrade" would be 9215.

The Celebrity Solstice as an example:

zvu8ih.jpg

Do you have any pictures of the poor people cabins such as cabin 3174 oceanview. :o

This is an amazing thread but now I have looked through it I am concerned about our cabin choice. We are on Eclipse in April and in cabin 1597 - do you have any photos of this and any comments please?

This is quite possibly the MOST AMAZING thread I have ever seen on Cruise Critic. The time, energy and brainpower that went into this is absolutely mind-boggling. Thanks so much for your efforts. This is an amazing resource for anyone who cruises with Celebrity, which, IMHO, is a great line.

I was looking through your posts and could not find any information on Celebrity Eclipse Cabin 8281, which was recommended to me onboard by a booking agent.

Is it a good one?

Thanks!

Yes, it's one of the best.

8281 as seen on the Solstice

33nyd0j.jpg