Best way to see Pitons

MillbrookMom

We will be arriving on in St. Lucia via cruise ship in December, and our only real request is to see the Pitons. Where it is land based, sea based, snorkeling included, doesn't really matter, just looking for the best option. Any ideas?

We aren't going until end of January but we booked a boat tour through Spencer Ambrose that was recommended on these boards.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I also would highly recommend Spencer Ambrose. They take you over to Sugar Beach by speedboat. That is a fun ride. Sugar beach sits between the Pitons. It has very good snorkeling. The authentic local lunch they provide is very tasty.

The Pitons are absolutely beautiful.

We have been to many, many of the Caribbean islands. Spencer Ambroses' tour is the best we have ever done. We did the Land, Sea Adventure.

We aren't going until end of January but we booked a boat tour through Spencer Ambrose that was recommended on these boards.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So we are both on the Jewel. We are looking at this excursion also. Have no desire to go to the mud baths but no problem waiting for others. SIL not big on boats...go figure, we are on a cruise!!! Don't know if I can get her in a smaller boat though. Might have to do Cosol again, which was a super time!!!

The main reason we went with Spencer instead of Cosol was that to get to the Pitons, Cosol takes you by bus, van up and down the mountains and it takes a long time to get there. it wastes a lot of you day. The Pitons are on the other side of the island from the cruise port.

Spencer's trip was great by speed boat. It was a fun ride along with being able to see some of the towns along the water. Very nice views especially of the Pitons from out on the water.

The main reason we went with Spencer instead of Cosol was that to get to the Pitons, Cosol takes you by bus, van up and down the mountains and it takes a long time to get there. it wastes a lot of you day. The Pitons are on the other side of the island from the cruise port.

Spencer's trip was great by speed boat. It was a fun ride along with being able to see some of the towns along the water. Very nice views especially of the Pitons from out on the water.

Is there much to see by taking it land based? or just a lot of the same green space?

So we are both on the Jewel. We are looking at this excursion also. Have no desire to go to the mud baths but no problem waiting for others. SIL not big on boats...go figure, we are on a cruise!!! Don't know if I can get her in a smaller boat though. Might have to do Cosol again, which was a super time!!!

My sister in law has boat issues also- I will tell her to wear her sea bands [emoji6].

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My husband and I booked a tour for 50/person which stops along the way and goes to the Pitons. It is through Viator/Trip Advisor. It is called Castries to the Pitons. It had good reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is there much to see by taking it land based? or just a lot of the same green space?

I thought there were some interesting sights. I remember standing outside the police station drinking rum punches!!! We had a private bus for maybe 22 of us. We had been talking on FB for months before the cruise and decided to do an excursion together. So it was really fun having us together on the tour. We have already been to the pitons and I would like to see it via the water.

We used Consol for island tour last December that also allowed us to board a boat to get to the Pitons and some time to swim/snorkel (no lunch included at the Pitons).

I was wondering has anyone done both tours Consol and Spencer’s land and sea lately and can provide feedback of the difference between both and which one you preferred as both are recommended?

So far I can see a price difference and lunch provided at the Pitons with Spencer.

We enjoyed our tour with Consol and would recommend them however also curious about Spencer’s tour land and sea and wondering if we would see anything different.

Thank you in advance.

We used Consol for island tour last December that also allowed us to board a boat to get to the Pitons and some time to swim/snorkel (no lunch included at the Pitons).

I was wondering has anyone done both tours Consol and Spencer’s land and sea lately and can provide feedback of the difference between both and which one you preferred as both are recommended?

So far I can see a price difference and lunch provided at the Pitons with Spencer.

We enjoyed our tour with Consol and would recommend them however also curious about Spencer’s tour land and sea and wondering if we would see anything different.

Thank you in advance.

Cosol (not Consol! Lol) is all by land, with the short water taxi ride to/from the beach.

Spencer's is all by boat to/from port, and short land taxi ride to volcano and waterfall, etc. You unload St Soufriere pier, see the sites, then back to the beach. Same sites right in Soufriere, more time at the beach. Lunch with Spencer vs all the snacks along the way with Cosol. Drinks with both.

Depends on whether you want more besch time or what. If you haven't seen the coastline by boat, it's pretty spectacular. If you've seen the main sights like volcano and such, consider Spencer's beach break instead, about 5 hours at Jalousie beach, includes lunch and drinks..

Flip a coin maybe?

Cosol (not Consol! Lol) is all by land, with the short water taxi ride to/from the beach.

Spencer's is all by boat to/from port, and short land taxi ride to volcano and waterfall, etc. You unload St Soufriere pier, see the sites, then back to the beach. Same sites right in Soufriere, more time at the beach. Lunch with Spencer vs all the snacks along the way with Cosol. Drinks with both.

Depends on whether you want more besch time or what. If you haven't seen the coastline by boat, it's pretty spectacular. If you've seen the main sights like volcano and such, consider Spencer's beach break instead, about 5 hours at Jalousie beach, includes lunch and drinks..

Flip a coin maybe?

Thank you for your response.

• 1 month later...

I've done both Herod Tours and Spencer Tours and both are comparable, though the staff with Spencer were more engaging and comical so I'd give them the edge. I'd rather reach the Pitons / Jalousie (Sugar) beach by water than by land, because the speedboats are so fun :)

• 2 weeks later...