Princess cruises - cruise card - no more hole punching for lanyard?

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 11:19 AM.
Batehaven, Australia
11,843 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Originally posted by Porky55
��leave it to our OP to clarify - couldn’t agree more!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums
With a sheepish face...I am the OP. So you can all blame me for this debacle.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cheers..(Uncle) LES - Princess Captains Circle Elite. - 480 days.

Cruised with Princess, Celebrity, Cunard, P&O Australia, P&O UK, Carnival, Sitmar, Sydney Harbour Ferries. World Cruise, plus British Isles, Baltics, Scandinavia, Europe, Med, Greek Isles, Transatlantic, Asia, USA, Panama Canal, South America, Central America, Caribbean, Alaska, Canada, Japan, South Pacific, Australia, New Zealand.!

**Last trifecta of cruises:
Sapphire Princess - 26 May 2018, Scandinavia, ex Southampton - 7 nights B2B with..
Sapphire Princess - 2 June 2018, Baltic Heritage, ex Southampton - 14 nights.
Royal Princess - 18 June 2018 - British Isles, ex Southampton - 12 nights.

**Next Cruise:
Noordam - 21 April 2019, South Pacific Crossing - Sydney-Honolulu - 14 nights.

'Adventure before Dementia - Live for Today !!'
Central Coast NSW
527 Posts
Joined May 2015
...... and some wouldn't know whether it was punched, bored, or eaten out by white ants.
Oh sorry, that saying refers to some other type of hole.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Canberra Australia
44,897 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
Originally posted by russell21
...... And some wouldn't know whether it was punched, bored, or eaten out by white ants.
Oh sorry, that saying refers to some other type of hole.
lol,.
61 Posts
Joined May 2017
Originally posted by Docker123
Once everyone gets a microchip inserted behind their ears, there will be no need for cards or lanyards. Fix cheating on drink packages too.

Just let them scan your neck to see if you qualify.
Dont you know the government has been microchiping us all at birth for years.
Canberra Australia
44,897 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
Originally posted by castaway01
Dont you know the government has been microchiping us all at birth for years.
I always wondered what that strange lump on the back of my neck was. It certainly explains why it always goes beep when I pass through the checkout at woollies.
Yulara, NT Australia
1,019 Posts
Joined Dec 2014
As promised I have posted a photo of my two cruise cards. One is the one with the lanyard hole and the other is of the new card after I went to reception and told them that I do not wear lanyards and asked for one without a hole.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0206.JPG (72.4 KB, 143 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0219.JPG (71.7 KB, 137 views)
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
33 Cruises and counting...
Batehaven, Australia
11,843 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Originally posted by Brisbane41
As promised I have posted a photo of my two cruise cards. One is the one with the lanyard hole and the other is of the new card after I went to reception and told them that I do not wear lanyards and asked for one without a hole.
Thank you, so the card with the pre punched hole was issued to you at check in ?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Cruised with Princess, Celebrity, Cunard, P&O Australia, P&O UK, Carnival, Sitmar, Sydney Harbour Ferries. World Cruise, plus British Isles, Baltics, Scandinavia, Europe, Med, Greek Isles, Transatlantic, Asia, USA, Panama Canal, South America, Central America, Caribbean, Alaska, Canada, Japan, South Pacific, Australia, New Zealand.!

Sapphire Princess - 26 May 2018, Scandinavia, ex Southampton - 7 nights B2B with..

**Next Cruise:

Yulara, NT Australia
1,019 Posts
Joined Dec 2014
Originally posted by NSWP
Thank you, so the card with the pre punched hole was issued to you at check in ?
It already had a hole in it at check-in. They only do it in Australia. All my other cruise cards from Japan, South America and Asia do not have holes punched in them.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
33 Cruises and counting...
Batehaven, Australia
11,843 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
It already had a hole in it at check-in. They only do it in Australia. All my other cruise cards from Japan, South America and Asia do not have holes punched in them.
At least there was no 15% gratuity on the complimentary hole and the issue of a hole-less card.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

**Next Cruise:

W.Canada
552 Posts
Joined Sep 2006
ANOTHER IDEA..WEAR A BUMPACK...handy on tours for Kleenex, wallet etc..and put the cruisecard in a mesh zippered pocket in the front..
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Qld Australia
372 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Originally posted by MicCanberra
Yes, one of the greatest perks ever is getting a free hole.
🤣

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk
Qld Australia
372 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
I will do it just for fun and a good laugh. I will seriously do it though. If the card has a hole in it I will go straight to reception and ask them to print a new one without a hole in it and be as serious as I can. Once done I will post photos on here to prove it has been done.
Don't you think the staff have enough to do then to waste their time

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk
I come from a land down under
26,579 Posts
Joined Jul 2014
Originally posted by lollypopj
And what is the 'Medallion"..I've read about?
Or is someone mixing up their cruiselines?
Ocean medallion is a Princess innovation that they appear to be having trouble getting working.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

352 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
I remember sitting on a beach in the Caribbean when a whole lot of lanyard wearing people came along. They had that look of forced jollity that only the mass cruiser has.
They looked at us sadly, but then perked up when they saw we didn’t have lanyards. I swear that very soon they were puffing out their chests trying to ensure we noticed the cards in their lanyards.
My wife explained that she’d read that these desperate creatures often took to flashing their pass cards because their status on the ship was reflected in the colour or type of card.
From what we could see, this flaunting of status was the only thing that made these people happy. For the rest of the time we were there, they either sat in stony silence or whined about something or someone.
Batehaven, Australia
11,843 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
If I don't get the 'free hole' punched in my cruise card next Princess Cruise, I am going to demand compensation for a 'missed hole' and perhaps even remove my gratuities.lol.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

**Next Cruise:

The Stateroom Under The Stairs
501 Posts
Joined Sep 2016
I heard a rumour that all the 'holes' that get punched are actually the things that get turned into bit coins!!!!!

The value of the bit coin goes up as the colour of the 'hole' increases

Nek time I cruise I am going to demand my 'hole' back
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Previously:

Castel Felice - Sitmar Line 1969
TSS Fairstar - The Fun Ship - 1985
Sea Princess - 2013
Dawn Princess - 2015
Emerald Princes 2016
Golden Princess 2017