Klm vs air france

jodi58

We will be flying Montreal to Barcelona and have been on AF before, the flights are comparable in price and times but I am not crazy about going thru CDG again if I can avoid it.

Is the Amsterdam airport better?

Thanks in advance for your input!

Jo

We will be flying Montreal to Barcelona and have been on AF before, the flights are comparable in price and times but I am not crazy about going thru CDG again if I can avoid it.

Is the Amsterdam airport better?

Thanks in advance for your input!

Jo

Check where there are non stop flights from Montreal.

Also look for flights connecting thru other gateways such Toronto or the New York area.

AMS is a great airport. Huge, so you will walk a good deal, but with excellent layout and signage, along with shopping, shopping and shopping. Plus an art museum that you should try to see.

One thing you should consider is that KL and AF take differing approaches with cabin seating. Specifically, with their more desirable seats in Economy. Best for you to read up on this at the respective websites. I'd see which airline provides the inflight product you would prefer.

As for CDG, with the recent expansions of T2E, all of the Air France flights are now in T2E and T2F, so it is a much easier connect than when you had them in almost all of the T2 complex. Plus, the signage and connecting routes have improved - so if your last trip through CDG was more than 5 years ago, there's been big improvement.

We have only had one experience with KLM and Amsterdam airport but it was great. KLM was the last leg of a Alaska Air, Delta, KLM from ONT California to Barcelona (ONT, SEA, AMS BCN). I know crazy but right after Hurricane Bill and JFK was closed). On KLM, they fed us and fed us (in coach) and it almost felt like we were on a cruise they fed us so much:eek:

Check where there are non stop flights from Montreal.

Also look for flights connecting thru other gateways such Toronto or the New York area.

thanks Kamloops,

Air Transat has direct flights but not on the date we want to travel.

I don't mind either AMS or CDG now that the new piers are open at 2F at CDG but just to let you know that there's a lot of work going on at Schiphol at the moment; the large shopping area at the D gates is all closed. This doesn't impact on transit times though. I'm not sure when it's due to be completed and when you travel. G.

Why not just take a direct flight on AirCanada?

The Air Canada flights are on their Rouge brand. I'm struggling with whether to take a direct flight on Rouge or go via AMS or CDG (or perhaps Frankfurt). Perhaps the OP isn't keen on Rouge?

Looked up pricing for July and AF/KLM/AC and Lufthansa are all priced similarly. Swiss is also an option but the connection time in Zurich seems a tad tight.

The Air Canada flights are on their Rouge brand. I'm struggling with whether to take a direct flight on Rouge or go via AMS or CDG (or perhaps Frankfurt). Perhaps the OP isn't keen on Rouge?

Looked up pricing for July and AF/KLM/AC and Lufthansa are all priced similarly. Swiss is also an option but the connection time in Zurich seems a tad tight.

Have flown Rouge to Los Angeles. Flights are OK . My sister flew Rouge to Barcelona on Rouge . She said flight was not any different then flying on a charter. She recommends ( I do too) that you upgrade to Rouge Premium to get the extra leg room for the long flight.

it;s a one-way flight Montreal-Barcelona for a TA.

Princess EZ air from Montreal a bit over 500.00 per person for Air France or KLM, that is why we are choosing between these 2 airlines, it;s more the airports that I wanted feedback on.

They do have an Air Canada Rouge flight for about 625.00 with 2 stops.

Don't think so.:)

BTW on Expedia a one-way flight on AC to Barcelona comes in at 1700.00 on our date:eek:

• 3 weeks later...

Zurich is not that big and very organised. Same with Munich.

After my Air France experience last year, I would never give them a nod. Service was beyond rude, seats were beyond terrible, food was blech, it took almost 90 minutes to get boarding passes (we were not able to check in online) at the airport and they gave away the seats we had booked a year prior because we weren't checked in "on time" due to THEIR issues! They weren't even apologetic, they were freaking rude as if it was our fault that our reservation was in their system but they had to call Paris three times to get the problem resolved. It was a VERY bad way to begin a vacation. It all repeated itself on the return. Seriously terrible experience.