Where do 3rd/4th person sleep on Ruby Princess suites

Derek King

Was hoping for some help from the experts. looking at Alaska cruise on the Ruby with my wife, son (7) and daughter (5).

Looking at the suites on the princess site and they don't have a lot of details with the layouts of different ones like other lines do. and the sleeping arrangements are kind of confusing.

For example in the owners suite its does one sleep on the sofa bed and one on a roll away?

It seems like penthouse can't sleep 4 because if i try to book with 3 it works and with 4 doesn't.

Is there any easy way to see which rooms sleep 3 and which sleeps 4, i can't seem to find that.

On other lines deck plans i would be able to see that easily, maybe i'm missing something.

Thanks.

When looking at the online deck plans use the dropbox labelled Guests to change the number of guests from Any to 4.

So aside from the forward Family Suites, the full suites that sleep four on Ruby are the Vista suites on Emerald and Dolphin decks and the Owners suites on Aloha deck.

I have seen the Owners suite on another ship and believe it had two sofa beds. Don't think there would be room for two in the Vista suites so I have no idea how the fourth person is accommodated.

(If you are not familiar with the Family suites, they hold up to 8 people: one queen bed, two twin beds, two single sofa beds and two uppers. But the first four pax all pay full rate)

Our family of four stayed in a Vista Suite on the dolphin deck. It has a pull out couch for one and a drop down bed from the ceiling for the other. There was plenty of room for all of us, including out on the balcony. For an Alaskan cruise, I would grab this suite immediately. You won't be disappointed.

When looking at the online deck plans use the dropbox labelled Guests to change the number of guests from Any to 4.

So aside from the forward Family Suites, the full suites that sleep four on Ruby are the Vista suites on Emerald and Dolphin decks and the Owners suites on Aloha deck.

I have seen the Owners suite on another ship and believe it had two sofa beds. Don't think there would be room for two in the Vista suites so I have no idea how the fourth person is accommodated.

(If you are not familiar with the Family suites, they hold up to 8 people: one queen bed, two twin beds, two single sofa beds and two uppers. But the first four pax all pay full rate)

Thanks i see that drop down menu, that's what i was missing.

The Vista suite does seem like it might be a little tight for us, so i think OS is the way to go.

• 1 year later...

radman75, do you happen to have a picture of the living area when it is set up for sleeping?  We are in D736 for an Alaska cruise this summer and our 15 year old will be sharing the cabin with us.  He's on the spectrum and wants to get an idea of where he will be sleeping.  He might prefer to leave the couch as is and sleep in the pull down.  He is 5'9" so not sure that will work.

KBates1030, I went through our photos and could not find one of the sleeping arrangements.  I would say the pull out couch would be better for him.  The pull down bed has a railing so people can't fall off.  If he has broad shoulders, it will be a tighter fit.

He is skinny as a rail, just really tall for his age.   Because of his ASD, he is particular about certain things, so I guess we will just have to let him make the choice when we get there.  It seems like it would leave the area easier to get around if he used the overhead bunk and left the couch in tack.  Plus, we sailed in a mini-suite last year on RC's Harmony and he was on the sofa.  It actually did not fold out at all (more like a trundle), and he was not comfortable at all. 

Thank you so much for looking, though!

Just now, KBates1030 said:

He is skinny as a rail, just really tall for his age.   Because of his ASD, he is particular about certain things, so I guess we will just have to let him make the choice when we get there.  It seems like it would leave the area easier to get around if he used the overhead bunk and left the couch in tack.  Plus, we sailed in a mini-suite last year on RC's Harmony and he was on the sofa.  It actually did not fold out at all (more like a trundle), and he was not comfortable at all. 

Thank you so much for looking, though!

Generally sofa beds are terrible. Kids/teens usually have a better time handling it than adults.

Personally I would rather sleep in the drop down berth if I had to choose.