Configuration for 4 passengers on the Volendam

boohoyal

Hello,

Our family of four is staying on the Volendam in an Oceanview EE room. How does this work? It seems that one bed pulls out from the wall and one will stay on a pull-out sofa? Anyone have pictures? We have the main bed configured as a queen but I'm wondering if two twins would give a little extra needed space in the middle.

We leave next week, and my kids, 11 and 13, have grown SO MUCH since I booked this cruise. I'm starting to stress about how we're going to fit!

Thanks so much for all your help, folks!

Hello,

Our family of four is staying on the Volendam in an Oceanview EE room. How does this work? It seems that one bed pulls out from the wall and one will stay on a pull-out sofa? Anyone have pictures? We have the main bed configured as a queen but I'm wondering if two twins would give a little extra needed space in the middle.

We leave next week, and my kids, 11 and 13, have grown SO MUCH since I booked this cruise. I'm starting to stress about how we're going to fit!

Thanks so much for all your help, folks!

I would leave the bed as twins....so the ladder can be placed between as in this photo.....plus the couch makes one bed.....

http://halfacts.com/1815-volendam/

We do 4 people in an inside room and it works fine, we have plenty of space! Its me, my 9 year old twins, and my 16 year old son. My daughter and I share the queen, I leave it as a queen in case my 13 year old wants to sleep in my room and not with grandma. If thats the case, my 2 girls, 13 and 9 and I share a queen, my nine year old son sleeps on the upper bunk, and my 16 year old son sleeps on the sofa bed. Its plenty of room for us. They put the ladder at the end of the bed, and honestly.. Hes 9. He climbs up from the bed underneath. :')We stick the ladder on the floor so it doesnt get knocked down.

This is all very helpful - thank you!!! My 13 yo is too big to stay with us and my 9yo is too much of a wiggle worm so we probably won't have them sleep in our bed. Given that, we may keep the main bed as twins so that we can walk through there better. Both of my kids will want to climb up in the bed vs using the ladder. I have an idea of how it will work now so thank you!

Here are two pictures of cabin 1820 on the Volendam (an EE quad) in May. Four 21-23 year old gals who were used to living in small dorm rooms stayed there. The only time it was too small was when they waited until the last minute to dress for dinner and all were vying for the mirror in the bathroom.

IMG_1419-resized.jpg.f9d3175893fd138f437e97a507698251.jpg

IMG_2238-resized.jpg.ff3d48cc908384574f4bb574d5e1b148.jpg