A DECK of number

Pippawhipper1

It is a little unfair to suspect something fishy. It is quite possible that OP is going transatlantic on a repositioning cruise, I just looked and Azura is going out to the Caribbean 19th October and IMHO it is quite possible that the early savers have had their cabins allocated. We met a couple on one of our cruises who told us that they had been surprised to get their cabin allocation 8 weeks before sailing date, they said that their TA told them that early savers are allocated several weeks before late savers. I can't be sure how cabins are allocated since we always do select but I would like to give the benefit of the doubt to OP.

I'd be more than happy to give her the benefit of the doubt if she returned to clarify matters!

And here I thought it was a friendly site.

NOT

THIS IS MY VERY LAST CRUISE ( REASONS WHICH ARE VERY PERSONAL)

Wanted it to be special.

Now upset by comments.

Not all made of money took a lot to safe for one last cruise

Pippa ignore the negative comments. Ring up who you booked with and see if you can change. There's no harm in trying. Enjoy your last cruise :)

Pippa ignore the negative comments. Ring up who you booked with and see if you can change. There's no harm in trying. Enjoy your last cruise :)
I agree,I hope it's not your last Cruise and if it is for health reasons I wish you all the best.

Graham.

Must have been a saver fare, otherwise she could have selected an exact cabin location, not just the Port side.

She has been asked 4 or 5 times why she wants to be on this side of the ship, but despite coming back to shout at us, she has still not given a reason.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

Wowzz this is not always the case. I have booked select fare before but the cabin has been on a guaranteed basis so this could be the OP's case.

Looking at previous posts she is on Azura ta in October in a balcony cabin and wants the sun. Experienced cruiser with PO booked last year early saver (no named cabin).

So, as previous posters have said she was wanting to choose the position of her cabin without paying for the privilege.

Looking at previous posts she is on Azura ta in October in a balcony cabin and wants the sun. Experienced cruiser with PO booked last year early saver (no named cabin).
Port cabins would, I imagine be in high demand for this cruise, and I would have therefore thought that P&O would want to hold them for passengers prepared to pay for them.

Whilst I am sympathetic to the op's health problems (If that is the case), how are P&O meant to decide if her case is more worthwhile than anybody else's?

At the risk of being shouted at again, if you really want a cabin in a certain location, you unfortunately need to pay for it. Playing the sympathy card is unlikely to get you what you want.

Port cabins would, I imagine be in high demand for this cruise, and I would have therefore thought that P&O would want to hold them for passengers prepared to pay for them.

Whilst I am sympathetic to the op's health problems (If that is the case), how are P&O meant to decide if her case is more worthwhile than anybody else's?

At the risk of being shouted at again, if you really want a cabin in a certain location, you unfortunately need to pay for it. Playing the sympathy card is unlikely to get you what you want.

I agree.

Every one of our 48 cruises 44 were balcony or better cabins I have picked the cabin I want.

I agree that port cabins are likely to be in high demand if it is a transatlantic cruise and personally I would have paid the extra to choose my cabin. An earlier post suggests that cost is a big factor for her but now that we know that she chose an early saver on a cruise where her preferred side of the ship is going to be very popular I agree that she can't complain that she hasn't got what she wanted.

Just a note re the Port Out Starboard Home , POSH. That was actually to avoid the sun and was for voyages to the east. Follow the rule and you get a shaded cooler cabin, a very desirable thing in ships built before 1960 or so which had no AC.

I was 4 years at sea before I sailed on a ship with AC. Blimey it was hot.

Just a note re the Port Out Starboard Home , POSH. That was actually to avoid the sun and was for voyages to the east. Follow the rule and you get a shaded cooler cabin, a very desirable thing in ships built before 1960 or so which had no AC.

I was 4 years at sea before I sailed on a ship with AC. Blimey it was hot.

Avoiding the sun makes far more sense to me.

Avoiding the sun makes far more sense to me.
I agree, but sailing down to the Caribbean it is a bit upsetting to be sitting on your balcony, shivering in the shade with a cup of tea, when, on the other side of the ship they are enjoying the sun with a glass of wine!

I agree, but sailing down to the Caribbean it is a bit upsetting to be sitting on your balcony, shivering in the shade with a cup of tea, when, on the other side of the ship they are enjoying the sun with a glass of wine!

Up north "enjoying" and "sun" are not known to ever be in the same sentence. ;p

Too right. For me it is about choice, I don't do sunbathing because I don't like to be too hot but I do like to spend the odd half hour sitting on the balcony with a nice glass of wine and a book preferably without a sweater or jacket.:ship::wine-glass:

Ha ! Mind you, a bit of warmth is nice, even for those of us in North Lincolnshire. (Can't be sure if I'm a southern softie or a hardy northerner !)

Sorry anything south of County Durham is Deep South. The land the other side of Durham City to us, is south.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That's an old saying I think it was Watford Gap on the A1.

I would think anything south of Birmingham would be Down South.

As usual in such discussions, you are all missing the jewel in England’s crown - the Midlands. We do actually exist!

As usual in such discussions, you are all missing the jewel in England’s crown - the Midlands. We do actually exist!

Well from where I am (in England) it takes the train a couple of minutes shy of two hours to get to Manchester (direct route). From Manchester to London takes a little over two hours. Therefore, Manchester is in the Midlands!