islanders07- Jury's Inn

CanuckCurlers

Islanders asked for a review of Jury's Inn in Southampton. It's fine. I would compare it to a Holiday Inn or Best Western in the US. Our room was a good size with a double bed (a true double not a queen) and a pullout couch. It was comfortable. There is a nice desk for computer use and the WIFI is good. There is no fridge, ice bucket and a kettle to make tea or instant coffee. The Bar is comfortable but the staff seemed to be in training stage. It seems to be the start of a new year at the universities and my guess is that explains the staff changes. Service was slow and somewhat questionable. The hotel seems to be in the university area as apposed to the center of town and we went north instead of south and found no British Pubs that way so ended up eating at the hotel which had a decent burger but the steak and ale pie was mediocre.

Islanders asked for a review of Jury's Inn in Southampton. It's fine. I would compare it to a Holiday Inn or Best Western in the US. Our room was a good size with a double bed (a true double not a queen) and a pullout couch. It was comfortable. There is a nice desk for computer use and the WIFI is good. There is no fridge, ice bucket and a kettle to make tea or instant coffee. The Bar is comfortable but the staff seemed to be in training stage. It seems to be the start of a new year at the universities and my guess is that explains the staff changes. Service was slow and somewhat questionable. The hotel seems to be in the university area as apposed to the center of town and we went north instead of south and found no British Pubs that way so ended up eating at the hotel which had a decent burger but the steak and ale pie was mediocre.

A 4’6” double bed? That’s rather stingy for a UK hotel theses days. Usually hotels advertise a double room or a double bed, and they mean a 5’ bed - UK king or US queen. If hotels are offering a 4’6” double they often describe it as a French double or a small double. Maybe Jury’s Inn caters mostly to single business travellers?