Regal Maitre D

mrsboca

Neville Saldanha is currently the MD on board until Oct 20th.

We just got off the Regal yesterday and I have to say this MD didn't impress me one bit. He has a lack of management skills dealing with his staff, verbally disciplining an employee in front of patrons is totally unprofessional in my opinion. Most good leaders/managers/supervisors will pull the employee off to the side out of ear shot of the paying customer to reprimand employee, at least that's how we were taught. We saw this 3 different times in 14 days, this will be part of my review to Princess.

We were just on Regal for 25 days, got off yesterday, never had any service issues in

the MDR at all, we were on 2nd seating in Allegro, all the crew seemed happy and relaxed and we had excellent food and service.

It is true to say that they weren't too busy at 2nd seating, in fact quite often there were so many empty tables they sent Anytime passengers in there to save them waiting

when we were on the Regal in March...ate most dinners in the mdr and I know we never talked to or were approached by the M'D...and don't remember if ever approached by the person under him/her/assistant/head waiter...

we had anytime dining, made no special requests, asked and received a table for 2, sometimes having to take a beeper and "forced" to go (sometimes back) into Vines

What did you need the M'D to do?:confused:

just curious as it seems to really matter to a lot of posters who the M'D is, as well as the Captain

just curious as it seems to really matter to a lot of posters who the M'D is, as well as the Captain

Totally agree! We had several coincidental interactions with M’D on recent cruise. But it wouldn’t have changed a thing about our enjoyment if we hadn’t!

MD Lachezar couldn’t have been more gracious when we told him nobody in the dining room said or did anything for our 51st wedding anniversary! Not a big deal to them BUT it was to us. MD Lachezar made our dining experience wonderful for the remaining 13 days of our cruise! He was great!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have never gotten too excited about a Maitre'd on Princess. One needs to consider that there are 3 separate MDRs (on most of the ships)...and they are operated with their own staff. Since we always book Open Sitting we get to experience 2 of the MDRs and always find that the atmosphere really varies between the MDRs. We usually find our favorite within the first two days and that is where we live at dinner time :).

Hank