Spa/gym situation on Nautica?

kaymoz

I have been trying to figure out the gym/spa situation for Nautica in advance of our 14 day cruise late in the summer, and finding the website confusing with vague references to classes but an extensive and detailed menu of extra services available at hefty prices, but lacking some basics -- like the cost of a spa day pass!

1. What is included for gym & spa if a passenger doesn't pay anything extra?

2. Is there a sauna on Nautica at this point in time, and what is its location & availability?

3. Same for steam room....

4. What is the current additional cost for the day pass for the spa in order to use the thalassotherapy pool?

5. What else would be covered with this day pass?

Thanks!

I have been trying to figure out the gym/spa situation for Nautica in advance of our 14 day cruise late in the summer, and finding the website confusing with vague references to classes but an extensive and detailed menu of extra services available at hefty prices, but lacking some basics -- like the cost of a spa day pass!

1. What is included for gym & spa if a passenger doesn't pay anything extra? use of gym, showers & sauna or steam room, some free classes

2. Is there a sauna on Nautica at this point in time, and what is its location & availability? it is by the spa which ever one they have

3. Same for steam room....

4. What is the current additional cost for the day pass for the spa in order to use the thalassotherapy pool? it used to be $25 pd pp check with the spa manager unless you are in Concierge or above cabin then it is free

you will also get 1 hr use of the spa deck with a treatment

5. What else would be covered with this day pass?

Thanks!

you can use the spa deck with the T pool with the pass

sauna/steam room is free for anyone to use

you can use the spa deck with the T pool with the pass sauna/steam room is free for anyone to use

Appreciate these great follow-ups from LHT28. As we prepare for our Nov. 16-Dec. 5, 2018, Nautica sailing from Athens to Dubai, this and other postings on these CC boards are very helpful. We will have our first Oceania cruise as we do a 20-day sailing that will include our first visits to the Holy Lands, Egypt, Middle East, etc.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 200,684 views for this posting.

• 4 weeks later...

I'll be interested in using the thalassotherapy pool. I have painful knees and find being in water really helps. There'll only be a shower in our cabin and I'm not sure how easily I'll be able to get in and out of the swimming pool (assuming it's warm enough on the Round Britain cruise in September) although I'll be OK in the jacuzzis. So my options seem to be: pay for a day pass, or have a treatment and get a free hour. Might be worth going for one of the less expensive treatments as an hour will probably be sufficient for me.