ms Volendam and ms Zaandam in Juneau June 8, 2018

Scrapnana

A very busy Friday for Juneau with too many ships for the available docks! HAL has two ships in this crowd. Zaandam will be at the AS dock from 0800-2200. Volendam will be arriving later at 1300 but leaving at the same time. She will be at the CT dock.

With a 70% chance of rain it is predicted to be rainy in the morning but cloudy in the afternoon. High will be 58F/14C and the low 43F/6C. Sunrise is at 3:54 am and sunset is at 10:00 pm.

Also visiting Juneau are Regatta tendering (0700-1500), Grand Princess at the FKL dock (1330-2200), and Disney Wonder (0600-1700) and Silver Explorer (1800-2400) doing the "Norwegian Shuffle" at the AJ dock.

The PTZtv webcam can be found at http://www.juneauharborwebcam.com/.

Next up: Nieuw Amsterdam and Eurodam on Monday.

Zaandam sitting and waiting as Disney Wonder and Regatta go by.

I see her in Amsterdam's favorite parking spot from last season.

Zaandam was running later last time she was here. She didn't get docked until an half hour before scheduled 8am time.

I believe last year Amsterdam was scheduled to leave anchorage at 6AM. I assume Zaandam is doing the same.

I'm a bit surprised that Disney always uses the AJ dock. I expect it from cheapie NCL but I would expect Disney to spring for one of the better berths when available (of course that's not the case today).

Roy

Why do those "ghost" markings show up for ships that were there hours ago?

The "ghost markings" are the last reported position that AIS picked up for the ship. Once a new location is detected the ghost disappears.

Strange that AIS seems to be working in the Gastineau now but apparently still no coverage in the harbor.

Roy

I believe last year Amsterdam was scheduled to leave anchorage at 6AM. I assume Zaandam is doing the same.

I'm a bit surprised that Disney always uses the AJ dock. I expect it from cheapie NCL but I would expect Disney to spring for one of the better berths when available (of course that's not the case today).

Roy

Maybe they like being out in view - not hidden behind another ship.