Lesbian on Carnival cruise

amyparker1013

I'm a little nervous to cruise with my wife. Has anyone had experience good or bad with people being accepting? We care going to Cozumel and Progreso.

Hi Amy,

My partner and I sailed on Carnival Pride doing the Eastern Caribbean last Aug. We are affectionate people, and tend to walk around holding hands. We did not encounter any negativity on board the ship and just tried being a little more discreet in ports. But to see the two of us together, it is pretty obvious. We showed up for the LGBTQ meet and greet, but no one else did, so we really didn't make any friends on the ship. We are a little shy, but that's ok, because we really were there to just enjoy each other's company. We are sailing again in October on Celebrity Equinox doing the western caribbean. I'm sure you will have a great time!

Thank you. We care going with a straight couple but just wasnt sure how accepting it would be.

You pay a lot of money to go on vacation just as anyone else on this ship will have done. I would enjoy ourselves no matter what.

So, you'll probably get the occasional reaction from the closed minded. But luckily it is 2018 and you need no one else's approval. Now go have a great time! And remember for those that don't accept you, others do!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Like 1