Whats With The Slow Death Of The Sky?

newbie_sailor_88

She was the last of the steam-turbine passenger ships, and is having many mechanical problems with her gearbox, etc.

Very few of current ship's engineers (and shipyards) qualified to do heavy maintenance on this type of propulsion system - they have been trained mostly on motor ships - an entirely different breed.

P&O is wise to have sold her - too maintenance intensive for today's economy.

I was on the last cruise it broke down on two weeks ago, is this since then that it has broken down, if it is, I think it's dodgy that it's happening each time in Malacca STraits then, we had Malaysian police boats circling because of the "Notorious Pirates" that are out there!!!

I was on the last cruise it broke down on two weeks ago, is this since then that it has broken down, if it is, I think it's dodgy that it's happening each time in Malacca STraits then, we had Malaysian police boats circling because of the "Notorious Pirates" that are out there!!!

Maybe, for a bit of extra money, P&O have done a deal with the pirates, but the pesky police boats keep interfering :D :D :D LOL

It was fine being out there, a few people whinged and especially when they announced that we weren't going to Phuket people got quite cross then.

My husband believes there is some sort of conspiracy theory with the pirates, I mean, how come we powered back so fast if the engine was out? hmmmmmmmmmmmm

good eviening ladie and gentlemen, this is your captain stefano ravera from the command bridge, i like to welcome you aboard the magnificent pacific sky , i hope you are enjoy the beautiful white lady. your homa away from home. today we stop at the mafniicent island of lifou and once we complete immigration formality you are free to explore this beautiful island i ask you be careful when entering the tender as some sudden movement can be dangerous i asssure you your safety is my paramount concern . need i go on if you havent been on sky you wont understand what im going on about

Archived