Island Night

karmac

Does anyone know if they have Island Night on a particular night? I was thinking of waiting until we got to Vila to buy our stuff but am worried that Island Night may be before we get there.

Karen

Does anyone know if they have Island Night on a particular night? I was thinking of waiting until we got to Vila to buy our stuff but am worried that Island Night may be before we get there.

Karen

It's usually on one of the nights that you've been at one of the Islands!!! Seriously. On our cruise on Pacific Sun the island night was on the night we had been at Wala during the day. On Pacific Sky it was the night we had been at Divine Island/Emerald Bay.

I'd say yours will probably be either the day you're at Luganville, the day you're at Pentecoste, or the day you're at Wala.

So that's before we get to Vila. Great:rolleyes: !. Was hoping it might be when we had been to Lifou. Ah well, better organise something hey?

Karen

The markets at Wala have lots of nice stuff that you could use. Don't know about Luganville as I haven't been there, or Pentecoste either - but I could send you smoke signalas after I've been there on Sunday week!

At Wala you also get given a lovely fresh lei when you arrive on the island. Because our Island night was that night - I was able to keep it fresh long enough to wear to the restaurant - but unfortunately it didn't make it to the party - I had to replace it with my cheap plastic one from Crazy Clark's

I heard that Island night is usually held on the day that you have been to Port Vila during the night. On our cruise Island night was held on the same day that we visited port vila so everyone bought stuff from Vila for Island night.

The markets sell some nice things for island night, but theres also shops in town where you can buy things from and some things are cheaper.Flower leis in town cost only $2.50 each instead of $5 or $6 at the markets.

Karmac, on our Star cruise island night was the day we were in Luganville. They have plenty of markets, just like Vila. Hairbraiding was cheaper there too. Ask at the pursers desk in the first couple of days which night is Island night. On the Star in ouf first newspaper they had an itinerary with each port/theme/formal listed.On our other 2 cruises Island night was after Vila.

Archived