Embassy Suites FLL

paigemorgan

There are restaurants and shops within walking distance. There is also a water taxi stop a few blocks away under the bridge next to the Hilton. You can take a taxi or Uber from the hotel, or use the hotel's shuttle (not free) to get to the port.

What would you like to do?

Roz

Start with www.sunny.org for Fort Lauderdale tourist info. Then look at the water taxi (www.watertaxi.com) whose nearest stop is 1 mile away at the HIlton Marina and at the sun trolley (www.suntrolley.com) that has a terminus in the Harbor Shops shopping center behind the Embassy Suites. The water taxi is both great transportation and an excursion (the captains narrate the ride). The sun trolley is cheap transportation ($1 ride/$3 day pass) that goes down 17th Street, along the beach, down Las Olas Blvd, etc.

We flew in from GB and spent four nights here before our Royal Princess cruise in April 2017. Had read reviews and found either very good or dreadful.

Depends on your expectations. This is a 3* hotel. If you are looking for luxury with fine dining this is not the place for you!

Hotel is large with professional, friendly staff, pleasant pool area, rooms are clean but in desperate need of refurbishment.

However, the hotel is well located for cruise port, edible , included breakfast and included manager's reception for two hours every evening. ( note I say included not free!!)

Found hotel prices very steep in April. Not just this one but others we considered. Think we paid over $1000 for 4 nights if I remember correctly.

Taxi from FLL was $20 plus tip...two adults, 2 cases and 2 carry ons.

Hotel has outside shuttle service offering trip to port for $9 per person. This is pushed if you go anywhere near concierge desk in mornings. We asked valet to order taxi. It arrived within five minutes and cost $10 plus tip.

Site backs onto a small strip mall offering Publix, (from where Sun Trolley leaves to tour beaches and Galleria Mall...maybe more but that's one we took for $1 per trip or $3 per day..stops at 6 pm), Total Wine several restaurants. In walking distance of CVC Pharmacy, Winn Dixie, Ross, Dollar Tree, TJ Maxx.

We hired car for one day to visit Sawgrass Mills Mall...no huge bargains..Cost $94 , included full insurance and many taxes....concierge had told us $39 plus add ons, but still cheaper than shuttle service offered at $55 each way, in party of four... Two strangers if you're only a couple. Have done that now so wouldn't repeat.

Got to beach on Sun Trolley. Driver most helpful.

So, all in all, when we cruise from Port Everglades next, we will book Embassy Suites again.

Have you considered Hyatt Place...we normally stay at Embassy Suites but recently (March) instead stayed at HP...it sits just behind Embassy...great location, hot breakfast included, nicer rooms than ES and a $2.00 shuttle (that's per room not PP) from FLL to the hotel. I'll stay at HP from now on...you can get some great rates using.

www.valuetrips.com

Also what is the best way to get to the ship from this hotel.

The "best way to get to the ship" from this or any other hotel is in a stretch limo with a stocked bar! :cool:

The hotel offers a shuttle for a fee, but a taxi will only run about $12+ depending upon ship berth, or you can Uber for under $10

• 2 weeks later...

We've had many very pleasant stays at the Embassy in FLL and one in which the toilet seat fell off, but they did comp that room. It is the prototypical Embassy---big atrium for breakfast and happy hour, nice rooms with living area and balcony. You can literally look down the hall and see ships in the port. The ES is not in the midst of downtown, but there are some good restaurants within walking distance. You can easily get a car to take you to Los Olas or the Riverwalk from the Embassy if you want to tour a bit. The Renaissance is another good pre-cruise option.

Have you considered Hyatt Place...we normally stay at Embassy Suites but recently (March) instead stayed at HP...it sits just behind Embassy...great location, hot breakfast included, nicer rooms than ES and a $2.00 shuttle (that's per room not PP) from FLL to the hotel. I'll stay at HP from now on...you can get some great rates using.

www.valuetrips.com

I just cancelled my reservation yesterday for Embassy Suites and booked Hyatt Place based on the great reviews. I hope I did the right thing.

I just cancelled my reservation yesterday for Embassy Suites and booked Hyatt Place based on the great reviews. I hope I did the right thing.

I think you did....you probably got a much better rate. We always loved and stayed at ES but honestly last time we were there the rooms were looking a bit dated...sure the breakfast is great...but this past March when we stayed at HP convinced me it was the better option...good breakfast and updated rooms. Hope you enjoy it as much as many of us have.

Rest assured, we have been to both and Hyatt Place is very nice and clean. Embassy is over priced IMOP, Did you book HP through ValueTrips, We are staying there late sept, before and after our cruise on the Spendor, $109 each night.

We have stayed at Hyatt Place on 17th St and will stay again in August. Great location for dining and picking up those last minute forgotten items. And 5 minutes and you are at the ship. Their rooms are huge compared to Embassy Suites or most others.

Stayed at the Embassy Suites twice. Both times our rooms were not ready by the four pm check in time. It is convenient, etc. and all was good except it was not ready by check in time. I doubt we will stay there again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We stayed there after our spring break cruise. We arrived about 10:00am and there was a room ready for us to check-in. We used Sun Trolley to get to the beach. Rooms were fine and the pool was great. My husband walked to the shopping center next door and got us a great pizza for lunch. For dinner, we used TripAdvisor and found a great seafood restaurant we walked to.

The next afternoon when we were ready to go to the airport, they offered us the shuttle, but there were four of us, so a taxi would have been cheaper. When we went outside, the attendant pointed us toward a parked Escalade and the driver offered to take us for $25. I normally would never do such a thing, but we decided on a whim to go. It was a nice ride and the driver was great. Again, I wouldn't ever recommend doing this, but I have to admit feeling quite posh for my trip to the airport. :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Stayed at the ES last month and was not a happy camper, I was told a room would be ready upon my arrival because I'm a Hilton Diamond Member, but had to wait five hours for a room, back to the Riverside Hotel for me.

We have stayed there twice-both times on Hotwire/Priceline wins.

Nothing wrong with the hotel. A $10. or so ride to the port.

We found the rooms to be very dark and in need of refurbishment. The so called 'free' breakfast and afternoon cocktails are fine. If we were booking, we would select another property. They renovated the lobby, not certain if the rooms are being done. If not, my best guess is that the hotel will migrate to another chain. It is starting to fall behind other ES properties that we have enjoyed.

• 2 weeks later...

www.valuetrips.com

How do you get the shuttle from FLL to the HP hotel? Do you have to call them or are they just driving around, waiting to pick up hotel guests (like the car rental places do)? Is there a certain pick up location?

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

• 6 months later...
Sounds like I made the right choice by choosing HP! Thanks for all the opinions :)

I changed our booking.com reservations from Embassy Suites...to Hyatt Place this morning.....too many poor online reviews......

Also appreciate all the good advice.....!!