Talk to me about Blue Iguana...

Bobbysjack

Yet another "Two thumbs up" vote for the Breakfast Burritos!

The first morning of our cruise on the Victory in February I went through the long line in the buffet and was disappointed with what they had to offer. On the way back to our cabin I walked by the Blue Iguana and saw they had Breakfast Burritos and said to myself, "Try that tomorrow." The next 6 out of 8 mornings that was my breakfast and OMG they were delicious!

Breakfast burritos, yum-e!! I like that you pick what you want on them.

I had the breakfast burritos a few times and thought... meh.

But THEN there suddenly appeared some crunchy potato things which were YUM. So I include those now.

I’m guessing those deep fried potato things (hash browns?) are bad for you. But yummy.

So... breakfast burritos seem to be the crowd favorite... do you just order breakfast burrito, or are there choices? What exactly is in the burrito?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They are “build your own”. The guys behind the bar ask you what kind of tortilla you want and then you can tell them all the toppings you want from the choices you see. There’s ham and sausage and eggs cooked different ways and potato crispies and you can choose it all or one thing. Then you get to go to the sauce bar and put sauces and sour cream and other stuff on it. Can you tell I’ve done it a few times? Now I need to go check prices on some carnival cruises so I can get me some.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So... breakfast burritos seem to be the crowd favorite... do you just order breakfast burrito, or are there choices? What exactly is in the burrito?

The breakfast burritos are good. If you want, you can get eggs, cheese, in a tortilla, then add potatoes and bacon from the buffet. They also have fish tacos and like the others said, shrimp and chicken tacos. There are too many choices. I didn’t get to eat at Bi this last cruise but my family sure did. Their sauces are super good. The arepas and huevos ranchero good too but you can get huevos in the dining room brunch on sea days. We spend a lot of time going from station to station beautifying our food, it’s almost a game to see who found the most creative dish.

I think this is underrated as I never see them mentioned, but the huevos rancheros at breakfast are really really good. I do intermittent fasting and don’t eat breakfast but I had some on my last cruise a few weeks ago. Give them a try!

I agree. They are my absolute favorite.

A breakfast burrito is my daily pre-breakfast, you know, before I have breakfast.

:D

ROFL ... same. My husband wakes up long after I do (hours), so I'll go get a burrito and some coffee and enjoy the ocean.

Then he gets up and it's time for the breakfast buffet. ;p

I have to eat gluten free, so I get a ‘naked burrito’ (no tortilla). For the rest of the cruise, the guys behind the counter call me Naked Burrito Girl:')

I was hoping that someone mentioned this....I have Celiac and have to eat g/f too. Do they have actual bowls there or do they just pile it on the plate?? haha

I have been on six Carnival cruises and looking forward to our 7th soon. One thing I have never tried is the Blue Iguana. I like tacos, but the ground beef, cheese, lettuce and tomato in a crunchy shell kind, like at Taco Bell. I am not sure I have ever seen anything like that coming out of the blue iguana, but I’m willing to try something new...

What and how should I order from the Blue iguana?

we loved blue iquana. their breakfast burritos are to die for. for lunch you can do tacos / burritos or taco salad bowls.

and they suit all to fit your taste. hubby and son love spicy, me not so much. i love beans, son not so much. the potatoes in the breakfast burritos are awesome.

questions? just ask.

I was hoping that someone mentioned this....I have Celiac and have to eat g/f too. Do they have actual bowls there or do they just pile it on the plate?? haha

No bowls, just a big pile of deliciousness! I had naked burritos several times on my last two cruises with zero issues. Fries at Guys are also safe, as well as the fries at Pig & Anchor if you’re on the Horizon.

No bowls, just a big pile of deliciousness! I had naked burritos several times on my last two cruises with zero issues. Fries at Guys are also safe, as well as the fries at Pig & Anchor if you’re on the Horizon.

Thanks for your response. We'll be on the Glory next so no Pig & Anchor dang it!

I think this is underrated as I never see them mentioned, but the huevos rancheros at breakfast are really really good. I do intermittent fasting and don’t eat breakfast but I had some on my last cruise a few weeks ago. Give them a try!

Huevos rancheros at Blue Iguana are better than the breakfast burritos, IMO.

I have to eat gluten free, so I get a ‘naked burrito’ (no tortilla). For the rest of the cruise, the guys behind the counter call me Naked Burrito Girl:')

What exactly is a naked burrito? I prefer low carb or good carb, so I will not eat a white tortilla and I won't order it, eat the goodies, then throw the shell away. As a result, I never eat anything from the Blue Iguana.

Very curious as to low carb options.

• 2 weeks later...

Another vote for the HR, and find them better than Sea Day Brunch in MDR (which are also good). I find the burrito too much.

Piled on a tray lined with paper, but you can get a bowl or large plate from the regular buffet.

The fish for the tacos was breaded, but I think all other toppings were grilled. There was quite a bit of seasoning though, so you may need to verify ingredients with special needs or head cook. At least on land many seasonings contain gluten (or at least used to).