First ime cruising ,question

ariel81

Some ports have begun assigning times to check in. If this is the case I would go at my assigned time. If no assigned time, you can go as early as 10 or 10:30 and take a zone ticket and wait till they call your zone. The best time to go without a long line and wait time would be after 1:00. Have a great cruise.

Thnak you!!My question is because our plane arrives at new orleans around 1230 in the afthernoon,we will go from the airport to the pier.You been all really helpful.I will pester you all wiht more questions in the future.lol

Thnak you!!My question is because our plane arrives at new orleans around 1230 in the afthernoon,we will go from the airport to the pier.You been all really helpful.I will pester you all wiht more questions in the future.lol

Please tell us you're not flying in the day of? If I may suggest to go a day earlier as so many things can go wrong and you'll have the extra day to get on the cruise

I certainly hope that you have excellent insurance that will cover if your plane is delayed. 12:30 arrival in NOLA. At least 30-45 minutes to deplane and get to the curb (more if you are checking luggage and have to wait for it at baggage claim). With no traffic, it is a 45 minute cab ride to the port. That gets you to the port at 3:00 AT THE EARLIEST. Ships leave from NOLA at 4:00, which means you will have to be checked in and on board no later than 3:00.

Coming from Argentina and flying in the day of cruise?

Good Luck, you are cutting it very, very close.

And yes it's usually 1 -1/2 hours before departure you need to be on board.

Coming from Argentina and flying in the day of cruise?

Good Luck, you are cutting it very, very close.

And yes it's usually 1 -1/2 hours before departure you need to be on board.

You will have to come through customs at the airport as well. This might be the hang up that makes you miss your cruise! You should change your flight to the day before and book a hotel somewhere. Most hotels, even remotely near the port, will have a shuttle service that can take you to the port.

You're anticipated on time arrival from Argentina at the New Orleans airport at 12:30p before a cruise scheduled to depart at 5p?

Respectfully, you are making a mistake and run a serious risk of missing the cruise. Please change your flight. Or cancel the cruise and stay in New Orleans. I give you 50/50 at best with your current plan. And once they close the manifest roughly one hour prior to departure, you will absolutely not be allowed onboard.

We all want you to have an enjoyable experience. What you have planned has a high probability of not working.

Edited by jsglow

FYI: your cruise documents should list the final boarding time on your boarding pass. Mine shows at the top right next to my arrival appointment time. I'm not sure if you printed your e-docs yet, but you should see it there when you do.

No,did not do it yet,will do it in a few days,thank you

You need to ensure you have 2 things for your cruise since you're flying in the day of.

1. Great travel insurance.

2. Plans on what you're going to do in the city your ship leaves from so once it sails away without you, you won't be bored and wondering what to do.

Thnak you all,for your advice,will try to make an earlier flight,there is one arriving from newark at msy at 1030,will try to make that one.

That wouldn't make too much of a difference. You really should fly in at least 1 day prior to your cruise. This is common advise for Americans flying just from several states away, another country even adds to that. Depending on when you're cruising, the airline you're flying, the airport you're flying to, etc., your flight could be delayed many hours or several days. It's not uncommon at all.

Thnak you all,for your advice,will try to make an earlier flight,there is one arriving from newark at msy at 1030,will try to make that one.

Newark is a horrible airport that's notorious for cancelled and delayed flights. You may end up spending your cruise in New Jersey.

Roz

That wouldn't make too much of a difference. You really should fly in at least 1 day prior to your cruise. This is common advise for Americans flying just from several states away, another country even adds to that. Depending on when you're cruising, the airline you're flying, the airport you're flying to, etc., your flight could be delayed many hours or several days. It's not uncommon at all.

Flying in one day early will give you a chance to see a little of New Orleans, if everything goes well. If something doesn't go well, you'll see a lot more of New Orleans. I think you want to minimize that risk.

Please please please fly in the night/day before. Way to much can go wrong with your plan, weather is the number 1 risk and no one has any control over that. The odds of making it are not in your favor. They will not hold the ship.

Coming in the day before gives you a cushion for issues way beyond your control. You are coming from way to far and spending to much money to take that risk

We would even be telling Americans on a non-stop flight from 500 miles away that 12:30 is really pushing it. 10:30 is certainly better and now within the 'range of possibility'. But is it impossible for you to travel the day before. One nice evening exploring one of America's great cities?

We would even be telling Americans on a non-stop flight from 500 miles away that 12:30 is really pushing it. 10:30 is certainly better and now within the 'range of possibility'. But is it impossible for you to travel the day before. One nice evening exploring one of America's great cities?

Sadly almost impossible,its my sisters birthday:mad::mad::loudcry::loudcry:

We plan to stay one day after the cruise in New Orleans

Sadly almost impossible,its my sisters birthday:mad::mad::loudcry::loudcry:

We plan to stay one day after the cruise in New Orleans

Well, then you should investigate availability and cost of airfare to the first port the cruise stops at so you won't miss out on the whole cruise if you get delayed. Or else check with your sister to see if it matters all that much.