Talk to me about Blue Iguana...

Bobbysjack

I have been on six Carnival cruises and looking forward to our 7th soon. One thing I have never tried is the Blue Iguana. I like tacos, but the ground beef, cheese, lettuce and tomato in a crunchy shell kind, like at Taco Bell. I am not sure I have ever seen anything like that coming out of the blue iguana, but I’m willing to try something new...

What and how should I order from the Blue iguana?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have been on six Carnival cruises and looking forward to our 7th soon. One thing I have never tried is the Blue Iguana. I like tacos, but the ground beef, cheese, lettuce and tomato in a crunchy shell kind, like at Taco Bell. I am not sure I have ever seen anything like that coming out of the blue iguana, but I’m willing to try something new...

What and how should I order from the Blue iguana?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Blue Iguana doesn't have a huge menu.

If you Google "Blue Iguana" then click on "images", I bet there will be photos of the menu hanging on the wall.

As I recall, none of the tacos even come close to resembling the ersatz "Mexican" dished out at Taco Bell. Tacos are soft shell tortillas. They give you the meat, chunks not ground. choice is chicken or carnitas (pork) and you go to the salsa bar and load it the rest of the way you want. Breakfast burritos are large tortilla wraps that you order with scrambled eggs and other things. They have arepas and huevos rancheros in the morning too.

Sent from my Acer Chromebook R11 (CB5-132T / C738T) using Forums mobile app

They have 2 lines, one for burritos and one for tacos. I wanted a taco salad, so I got in the taco line. After waiting, I was told I had to go to the burrito line for a taco salad. How much sense does that make? They should have a sign stating that taco bowls are served in the burrito line. That is how it was August 2-6th on Ecstasy.

As I recall, none of the tacos even come close to resembling the ersatz "Mexican" dished out at Taco Bell.

I have literally nothing to add to this discussion other than that I love your use of ersatz in this statement, and therefore like you too.

I like tacos, but the ground beef, cheese, lettuce and tomato in a crunchy shell kind, like at Taco Bell. I am not sure I have ever seen anything like that coming out of the blue iguana, but I’m willing to try something new...

Not the same as you described but still good. Try the taco bowls

First off. Taco Bell is really not Mexican. Enough said.

Now, I am another that says try the taco bowls. Get a taco bowl, Have them fill it with beef (it is on the menu). Then take it over to the salsa bar and put cheese, pico de gallo, lettuce, tomato, onion and sour cream. Much better than Taco Bell and close as you will get to their "food".

At lunch, you can also mix and match the fixings from the taco and burrito lines. I like shrimp and steak (available on the burrito line) but don't want to fill up and carb-load on the huge, thick burrito wrap. So I get the small flour tortillas from the taco line and then get shrimp and steak from the burrito line and top my steak and shrimp tacos with condiments from the salsa bar.

On our last cruise on the Dream, I went to lunch at Blue Iguana on either the 1st or 2nd day and asked for the burrito/taco bowl. They had to go get the bowls from the back (they didn't keep any stacked up front), and the ladies in line behind me saw me get it and decided they were going to get it, too. Then at least three people asked me where to get the taco bowls on my way to a table. They're not listed on the menu, so a lot of people didn't know they had them until they saw other people ordering them.

I also like a shrimp taco bowl. I have them load it with my choice of veggies and they have lots sauces from crema, guacamole, spicy stuff etc. I usually hit them first day because it is a relatively light lunch. Also, the taco shell serves as chips for the salsa as they don’t have tortilla chips

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

At lunch, you can also mix and match the fixings from the taco and burrito lines. I like shrimp and steak (available on the burrito line) but don't want to fill up and carb-load on the huge, thick burrito wrap. So I get the small flour tortillas from the taco line and then get shrimp and steak from the burrito line and top my steak and shrimp tacos with condiments from the salsa bar.

I have to eat gluten free, so I get a ‘naked burrito’ (no tortilla). For the rest of the cruise, the guys behind the counter call me Naked Burrito Girl:')